Drivetrain surging/jerking. NEED HELP!

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
heh...well updated news for you both...Just got off the phone with my buddy at lonestar. He said that the whole carrier is effed! Damn the luck. He said that they have an 8.8 "out back" and hes going to make sure that all my crap will fit. If so, hes just going to use that carrier for my car and save me some money. The guy at the first shop never mentioned anything about the carrier...but was still going to charge out the ass. Im still hoping for Monday!!

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
yeah for sure...if not my brother in law has an 8.8 out of a 94 4x4 Explorer?...not sure if that would work or not. He suggested it so i assume it might.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
my cobra is missin its blue sista. get it fixed mayne! i start working tomorrow from 8-4 so ill call you after work and get an update. :thumb:

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
Haha I know right. yeah just give me a call. hopefully its done today...or else :knuppel2: jk

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
the car was done today...$1045 later. everything completely replaced in the rearend. It was a total massacre in there lol. Glad to have ol blue back though. Back to stock gears and hating it. Atleast Ill be getting a little better MPG.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Why did you go back to the stock gears?

SVT98SNAKE said:
heh...well updated news for you both...Just got off the phone with my buddy at lonestar. He said that the whole carrier is effed! Damn the luck. He said that they have an 8.8 "out back" and hes going to make sure that all my crap will fit. If so, hes just going to use that carrier for my car and save me some money. The guy at the first shop never mentioned anything about the carrier...but was still going to charge out the ass. Im still hoping for Monday!!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
he had some 3.27s at his house so i think that is why he just put those in instead of buy 4.10s.

glad you got it back man. we need to hang out saturday. give me a call when you get in town.

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
yeah i had an extra set of 3.27s and 3.73s that were given to me when I bought the car. I was originally going to go with the 3.73s but when the guy went to put the bearing on the pinion he said that it would just press on by hand. The bearing had spun on the pinion before. I didnt want to take any chances so I just had him put the stockies back in.

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
Yeah that would definitely not be a good situation. I am getting a hell of a lot better gas mileage in the highway...so that Im happy with :)

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
so did all of your bucking go away? i had an issue like that but it was fuel related.

badass98svt

Reaction score
My guess was trans/motor mounts.
Was the mechanic able to diagnose what caused the major explosion?

OP
OP
S

SVT98SNAKE

Reaction score
naaah...everything in the rearend was pretty much carnage. I knew the guy who installed the new gears and he never said anything about what he thought may have caused it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online