Drove through water puddle help!

BigBore96

Reaction score
Aside from installing your cobra parts (intake and crap)I would install your cobra intake cams and degree them properly.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Look at the exhaust cam sproket face. Youll want to take the sprocket off, file the right side of the key off. About half of it. Same goes for the secondary sprocket. Reinstall keeping the cam loaded against the filed side. Should give about a 10° alteration.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

could't i just installed the cobra cams and timing gear? I'm assuming the mod you mention gives me 10 degrees of timing for more power

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Aside from installing your cobra parts (intake and crap)I would install your cobra intake cams and degree them properly.

will the IMRC plates swap over? i don't have the engine yet, but i herd you need a 8bolt flywheel?

BigBore96

Reaction score
The imrcs will swap over. You will need a 6 bolt flywheel if using the mark 8 engine. The cobra has an 8 bolt.

DO NOT file the sprocket and just hooe its right. Doing so could put the head timing further off from each other than how the factory did it. Either line them up like ford or do it right and degree them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
The imrcs will swap over. You will need a 6 bolt flywheel if using the mark 8 engine. The cobra has an 8 bolt.

DO NOT file the sprocket and just hooe its right. Doing so could put the head timing further off from each other than how the factory did it. Either line them up like ford or do it right and degree them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

how much performance drop do i get if i keep the mark cams? the cobra seems to only make 10-15hp more.

BigBore96

Reaction score
I wouldnt give up 20 degrees of duration just to do slightly less work. Theres a reason everyone is after the b head cobra cams. More power na and boosted. Theres no reason to go backwards.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
I wouldnt give up 20 degrees of duration just to do slightly less work. Theres a reason everyone is after the b head cobra cams. More power na and boosted. Theres no reason to go backwards.

well thats true. thanks

BigBore96

Reaction score
Not unless you're changing valve springs. Theyre bolt on/off. Ive always used the screedriver method for the followers (even with stiffer aftermarket springs) I dont recommend putting them on and installing the cams on top.

That applies to installing the ford method of lining dots up. To degree them you would need special tools.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Not unless you're changing valve springs. Theyre bolt on/off. Ive always used the screedriver method for the followers (even with stiffer aftermarket springs) I dont recommend putting them on and installing the cams on top.

That applies to installing the ford method of lining dots up. To degree them you would need special tools.

ok cool I'm just going to remove the cams and have a known builder install them and degree on the Mark 8 engine. do you recommend re-using the cobra timing chains and gears? i looked at FRPP kit and its expensive its also for 99 and up DOHC.

BigBore96

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the chains too much. Check the plastic wear guides for grooves. Those r cheap through tousley ford. And check the ratcheting mechanism on the primary tensioners.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
hi guys, well i was mistaken and tought i bought a 96 mark engine but it was a 95. will the cobra intake and imrc still bolt on? i took out the mark intake and notice it had 2 extra bolts at the rear and 2 larger size bolts.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yes. In 96 Lincoln swapped to a different style of charge motion plates with plastic butterfly valves. Im not as versed on the 4v as I am with the 2v but I believe the imrc's are built into the intake. As long as you swap out the intake for your cobra intake with all the hardware you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online