DSS 331

96juicedgt

Reaction score
Just wondering what your guys opinions were on the 331 from DSS. I have heard some horror stories on it so I want to get as much information and feedback as possible. I was gonna purchase the Level 10 block for $625 and then get a Eagle or Scat stroker kit and have it built myself. Should I spend the $$$ for the block or just use the stock block? I have heard the level 10 block is actually not much better if any than the stocker. Thanks for the help and advice.

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
they are all stock blocks from dss, unless they tell you its a R block or a dart block or somthing along those lines...

Spyder

Reaction score
I too have heard alot of horror stories about DSS

From the sounds of it you seem to be headed towards building the motor yourself?

If thats the case, there is no need for you to look into DSS at all.
Their blocks are not worth the money at all, stock block= DSS blocks

Stock blocks are known to split right down the middle after about 500HP, and the DSS blocks are no different.

I have also heard stories of the rotating assemblys in the DSS shortblock to be quite cheap and unreliable.
I believe truuble has gone through a set or two of their forged pistons.

I have also heard that their customer service is terrible, and if you were to have an issue with something they sold you, that its near impossible for you to get them to accept fault

OP
OP

96juicedgt

Reaction score
thanks for the advice....what block did you use for your stroker build?

Yea i plan on doing the work myself after I get the machine work done and have it balanced.

Spyder

Reaction score
96juicedgt said:
thanks for the advice....what block did you use for your stroker build?

Yea i plan on doing the work myself after I get the machine work done and have it balanced.

Well i didnt end up going with a stroker, its just a 306, so i used the stock block from my car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online