Dumps or out the back?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Personal preference and personal tolerance.

Dumps generally cause a bit of drone depending on the rest of the exhaust setup and can cause a bit of fumes to roll back in at stop lights. If neither of this have bothered you before then no reason to change other then you may like the look of tailpipes better.

Personally I love dumps as they hide the exhaust and generally have a deeper richer tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defiant

Reaction score
I like the look of the tips out the back, I also suspect it's quieter to the driver. On my current car when I had the wastegate dump angled up it was decently loud but I noticed when I put a different one on with the pipe facing the ground the noise sort of resonates a lot more and makes more noise / smell. The smell is really bad man. Not the same car or application but the idea is the same.

On something primarily for racing then dumps are pretty cool.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dumps get old fast.
the loudness/resonence never goes away.

1 vote for rear exit ;)

PWNY

Reaction score
I've got long tubes, no cats and Flo-Pro V-Force muffler (like a flowmaster) It droned quite a bit with pipes out the back. I chopped off the pipes without turn downs and was louder than loud. Then I was smart and put turn downs at a 45 degree angle and the exhaust doesn't drone at all. It's actually really quiet till you get on it. Every combination can get different results

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online