Duraflex Bumpers?

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by jedpony, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jedpony

jedpony Active Member

Hey guys my rear saleen bumper is fiberglass and has some spidering from someone hitting the bumper. I was wondering if it was worth buying a duraflex rear saleen bumper to replace it with or to have my fiberglass one fixed and repaired. Never really heard anything about duraflex and urethane is alot more expensive. Found it on craigslist and the guy only wants 100$. Anyone who knows anything about body work if you could chime in here that would be great!

[​IMG]

2. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Got any pics of how bad your current one is? Also, what condition is the one you're looking at in?

3. jedpony

jedpony Active Member

Havent seen the bumper in person, but according to him its in perfect shape. Heres my bumper now, i tried to use my finger to show you how big it is. I just dont want to have future problems with it, the front bumper is perfect, other than some rock chips from the road.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member

Get it fixed trust me. Its gonna be a pain to install and fit a new one. Just paint and repair this one. Not too bad damage.

5. SVTstang96

SVTstang96 Well-Known Member

any good paint/body shop should be able to fix that easily. I have never been a fan of those duraflex bumpers. I installed on a friends car back in the day and over time they begin to sag pretty bad. There just isn't enough rigidity to them to hold themselves up, and a year or two down the road you will want to replace it.

This is just my 2 cents though

6. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I'd get yours fixed, that's a simple fix. Definitely not worth getting a new cover.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S