dyno numbers on 94 cobra

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
dwight94 said:
i called tfs today about a cam and they called me a liar about my dyno numbers. he said i should be about 170. then the fool said are you sure that was an engine dyno...lmao i bought died i hung up on them and called dfayton 5.0 where i cam to the conclusion of going to a tfs stage one cam...

Well, you are a liar telling that story.

OP
OP
D

dwight94

Reaction score
im just saying thats what tfs told me when i called..very shocking.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
The guy must have thought your car was a GT. The 94/95 Cobra was rated at 230 (or maybe 235) HP. If you take away 15% for drive train loss you come out to 195 on a dyno which is exactly what you got

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Awww that sucks. So their really is no point in upgrading to gt40's unless they're ported and stuff huh?

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
95_5.0@15 said:
Awww that sucks. So their really is no point in upgrading to gt40's unless they're ported and stuff huh?

the Cobra had a different Intake, Heads, Cam. GT40's are good heads, not like Trick Flows, AFR's or Edelbrocks though.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I understand but if they had all that different, HCI , and they only have 15hp difference.... I'm thinking its cause they arent like really ported right? Please explain cause im on a budget and gt40's are in my budget, if i can find em in a junkyard

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
dwight94 said:
im just saying thats what tfs told me when i called..very shocking.

No they didn't. Trick Flow isn't in the business of insulting customers on the phone for no apparent reason.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
95_5.0@15 said:
I understand but if they had all that different, HCI , and they only have 15hp difference.... I'm thinking its cause they arent like really ported right? Please explain cause im on a budget and gt40's are in my budget, if i can find em in a junkyard

The H/C/I difference on the cobra is not the same H/C/I package you usually see. The cam was not all that impressive and nothing much improved over the GT cam. The cobra intake was the best upgrade and as far as the Heads Im not sure how good they are off the top of my head I just know they do not flow as well as other aftermarket heads

mikey94gt

Reaction score
THe heads on the Cobra were not as restricted as the GT heads, but they werent much better either. THey are production style GT40 heads, more or less.

THe intake should do you to 400HP or so,but you can port it for more.

the cam can be changed, as it isnt much better than the stock GT cam. Put some headers on it, run your Cobra intake with the TFS heads and a TFS stage one cam, and you should put down some good numbers.

You will wanna change your rockers to stud mount too, as the TFS heads wont accept the stock style CObras. but, you can sell your CObras to someone racing in NASA CMC, as they are all running stock heads there.

You should also be able to sell your stock heads too, then you can re-coup a few hundred.

Remember to have it dyno tuned, as the 94-95 computers are finickey, and dont like major changes to the engine like this. you can also swap the pins in the harness, and go with the 87-93 style processor, but you gotta set up your electric fans.

Hope this helps!!!

OP
OP
D

dwight94

Reaction score
hey dude i know what they hell they said aight i said i got a baseline and said 216 and he said quote no it didnt there is no way it should be alot less lower, and i said no thats what i pulled then he asks are you sure it wasnt an engine dyno so i said im preety sure that the engine was in the car and that the back wheels were turning...why would i lie about a phone call thats stupid..

OP
OP
D

dwight94

Reaction score
the factory numbers have to be inaccurate ive read elseware that its more like 2 70-280 at trhe crank so i dont know just depends on what and where i guess

mikey94gt

Reaction score
dwight94 said:
the factory numbers have to be inaccurate ive read elseware that its more like 2 70-280 at trhe crank so i dont know just depends on what and where i guess

I have heard some mis-information on how much they make too, but I know they put down 400RWHp with a nice blower kit like the T-trim from Vortech.

All I know is that the intake is good, and the heads are so-so. I have seen 500RWHP cars with stock Cobra intakes too, cuz even the FRPP catalog used to say "good to 400HP".

For a nice baseline comparo, my stock 94gt with nothing done but mufflers put down somewhere around 160HP. weaksauce!!!

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
dwight94 said:

The official factory HP Numbrers for the 94/95 Cobra which is stated in Crank HP is 240 hp @ 4800 rpm. I was off a bit I was pulling the numbers out of memory but I just looked it up.

Addermk2

Reaction score
your numbers sound REALLY low... My cobra made 253rwhp with an exhaust, cai, 70mm tb and UDP's

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online