Edelbrock Performer Heads 1.90 worth it?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Kylebach14, May 20, 2014.

1. Kylebach14

Kylebach14 New Member

I currently got bit by the Pro-Comp bug and bought the 210's. I was trying to do a build I saw in a magazine and I don't like at all how it turned out. I have the 210 heads, TFS 1 Cam and a Typhoon U/L intake. I want some more low end power and want something that I can grow with and possibly boost or stroke later. I found the Edelbrocks performers 1.90's on CL for 1000 and I think I can get him down to 750. He sad they are like new and the valves dont have any burn marks on them. Will I be more satisfied with these and will they make power that I can actually feel. Because my current setup feels stock.

PS: I have stock TB, MAF, Injectors and no tune.

Thanks!

2. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

What kind of power are you making? The 210 are big heads right? Stock bottom end?

Questions like you're asking are hard to answer. How do I know if you'l be more happy with them. What do you mean 'feels like stock', do you have any 1/4 mile #s? Do you have any real #s to compare? I would think big heads will respond to boost much better, but how far are you from boosting?

I think a tune, at least a dyno pull will help to see where you are at. A GT40 top end and a mild cam nets at least 60HP @ the wheels, you can definitely feel that versus stock.

3. SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS Active Member

I just put those heads on my car and before I did I was running 14.8's and when after installing them i'm now running 13's. I also got my heads for the same price with rockers and a stage 1 trickflow cam. If I were to do it all again, I would of bought a set of trickflow twisted wedge heads, a holley intake manifold and a custom cam.

BTW, pro-comp heads are too big for a 302.

4. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

Look into afr 165s

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

5. Kylebach14

Kylebach14 New Member

Well I didn't do any times. But I raced my friend in his GTP and he beat me by the same amount as I was stock. I would like to dip down in the 13's and have room to grow, if I wanted to Supercharge or Stroke. I'm going to be buying these heads from craigslist. What should I look for when buying them to make sure they are in good condition?