engine bay

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
while it is cool, give her a little spray down with the hose. then, i use some simple green, and then spray her down again. then i use a leaf blower or air to get all the water out of all the nooks and crannies. then, here is the kicker, get some of this stuff called pig spit. i bought mine off line from some cycle shop. not sure if you can get it around town or not. it is by far the best and easiest stuff i have used so far. you just spray it on, can go on metal, polished metal, chrome, plastic, ect. you can then either leave it be, or wipe it down. do a search for it and give it a try, you wont be let down. i bought to cans of it just recently for 30 bucks, shipping included. have fun

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
while it is cool, give her a little spray down with the hose. then, i use some simple green, and then spray her down again. then i use a leaf blower or air to get all the water out of all the nooks and crannies. then, here is the kicker, get some of this stuff called pig spit. i bought mine off line from some cycle shop. not sure if you can get it around town or not. it is by far the best and easiest stuff i have used so far. you just spray it on, can go on metal, polished metal, chrome, plastic, ect. you can then either leave it be, or wipe it down. do a search for it and give it a try, you wont be let down. i bought to cans of it just recently for 30 bucks, shipping included. have fun
+1 thats the same thing I do, simple green works great

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yellowgt said:
When you guys do that do you have to cover any wires at all??

I have never coverd anything on mine, just be EXTRA VERY CAREFULL on where you spray cleaner and water.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i just hose mine down, then spray some engine degreaser, then scrub a bit, then wash down, then let dry or use leaf blower, and then take a can of tire wet foam the whipe off of chrome.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
trust me guys, check into the pig spit stuff. unbelievable!! the best part is you can spray it on anything pretty much. it enhances everything, and dosnt pick up all the dust and dirt everything else i have tried

S

scarface

I just hose it down and while its wet I spray armoral on the engine.

ALITL8

Reaction score
simple green, wash down with retired wash mitts, pressure wash and dry by hand and with blower or wet/dry vac. i only dress my hoses and wiring (not plug wires) rarely... i dont like all the sticky build up and like the natural look of clean :santa_grin:

oh yea, stay off the alternator as much as possible!! thats probably the biggest concern under the hood :thumb:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I cover some stuff with just a plastic bag, wrap it around my dist, but Im a 5.0 guy.

Distrubutors- that's so old school :hammer:

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
simple green, wash down with retired wash mitts, pressure wash and dry by hand and with blower or wet/dry vac. i only dress my hoses and wiring (not plug wires) rarely... i dont like all the sticky build up and like the natural look of clean :santa_grin:

oh yea, stay off the alternator as much as possible!! thats probably the biggest concern under the hood :thumb:

no build up with this stuff man, i put it on 3 weeks ago and it still looks damn good under the hood with now build up.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online