Exhaust Cutout Position

Ballistic

Reaction score
Got setup as a dealer when i was at Sema this year for QTP, and ill be ordering the QTP Low Profile Electric Cutouts with the Wireless Remote Controller

And I'm wondering whats the best spot to mount both of them? Before or after mid pipe? I have the 96-98 Off Road Pro Chamber to Stock mid pipe..

BmyO1Nt.jpg

va0ez7U.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
depends on how loud you want them. IF you mount them before the cats its REALLY LOUD. I did mine after the cats just because of the design of how I wanted to use the same side exhaust tip while bypassing the muffler. So its not super aggressive but adds more sound for sure. Can't find my video right now give me a few...

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
depends on how loud you want them. IF you mount them before the cats its REALLY LOUD. I did mine after the cats just because of the design of how I wanted to use the same side exhaust tip while bypassing the muffler. So its not super aggressive but adds more sound for sure. Can't find my video right now give me a few...

I think i have seen your video before when i was searching on here for cut outs. Seems like only 2 or so people have them on their stangs.

Starting to think before my Pro Chamber will be easiest for me so i can take the the pipes out and cut/weld easier. With the low profile ones from QTP you just have to cut a notch in the side of your pipe and weld it in.

How did you run your wire from the cutouts to your engine bay or cab?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its been a while but pretty sure we just drilled a hole up under one of the seats and put a grommet in and passed it through that way. Too much exhaust piping and other stuff(driveshaft ect) that I didn't want to get in the way so I wrapped the little bit that was exposed with a heat resistant covering and kept the run under the car as short as possible.

joekd

Reaction score
While my car is not a Mustang anymore i have low profile cut outs installed, mine are just after the cats, pretty much right under the front seats, to say the least it is a nice loud aggressive sound

For the wiring I drilled a hole in the side of the tranny tunnel and ran them right under the center console from there

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
I'm just excited to hear it!

Me too! Going to try and get this ordered within the next week or so..

Just in parts from QTP as a dealer I'm still around 500 bucks Plus install cost..

The wireless Remote should be nice so i don't have to find a spot for the switch..

joekd

Reaction score
The wireless Remote should be nice so i don't have to find a spot for the switch..

Don't forget you will still need to run 12V power and ground to the wireless box and then the feed wire to the cutouts, I chose to save my money on the wireless and mounted the switch to the front of my shifter bezel where it is hidden from normal view but still easily accessible.

Wife thought it was the stupidest thing to do to my car, now she is the one eager to show it off to people. Nothing like coming into a show with the exhaust open to get some attention.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually made a bracket for my switch so it mounts under the seat next to where the power seat controls use to be. I also found a pretty creative guy that made a circuit that upon activation with a wide open throttle switch it will automatically open the cutouts for 30 secs and then close on their own for those times when you floor it and don't have time to hit the switch. Its been a while but if your interested I think I can dig it up.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
how often if ever do you lubricate them?

I'm hoping i can find a good way to run the wires without having to drill holes on the body, I'm thinking about getting some high temperature sleeving from Raychem or Techflex.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Got everything ordered and should be here the end of next week :D

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not had them on long so I have not done any maint to them. I can't remember what I got exactly but it was a fiberglass sleeve to go around the wires. Look under the driver/pass seat and I am almost sure there is a grommet under them for some reason...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online