Finally got back into another Mustang! BAB Saleen!

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Where at in iowa did you pick it up at? I feel like I have seen it cruising around during the summers....

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Bought it in creston, Iowa.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Well not gonna be able to start wrenching for a couple of weeks but have some parts here and ready to go! Working on finishing up ordering some parts still.

So far:
-Frpp clutch
- new rear main seal and pilot bearing
-MM adjustable LCA's
-Upr uca's
-New poly bushings throughout the suspension and rear diff
-Upr o/r x with MIL eliminators
-Bilstein rear shocks

Still hunting for a lower mile set of front bilsteins and a few other small things then my money is spent for a while on the car.

Goldmember

Reaction score
You suck. I mean... congrats. My favorite color. I'd trade the '04 for a '99 V6 auto convertible if it was BAB lol

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Lol thanks man

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks dal!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
When i was trying to find out what i wanted to do exterior wise this was my dream.

I love it man.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Busy last day and a half in the garage! Got my our UCA's and mm adjustable LCA's installed along with new axle housing bushings, bilstein shocks, new front control arm bushings, bilstein struts and new sway bar endlinks and bushings. Tomorrow gonna get the stock h pipe off and start getting the trans ready to pull as I think the tob is going south, so have a new clutch, tob, rear main and pilot bearing to go in with it, then throw on the o/r x. Can't wait! Been way to long without a car. Can't wait to get it tagged and do some cruising!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Well another busy afternoon working. Have the shocks I bought for sale bc they are IRS shocks, so I need to sell them and get a SRA set. Got the trans pulled because of a noisy tob and shaking clutch fork. Found the tob in 3 pieces and the fork sliders onto the pivot ball worn and bent along with a grooved up pivot ball. I would say this tob would cause some chirping and pedal vibrations.

Here is the fork end,

And I knew It had some sort of short shifter in it from test driving

Gonna order up a new fork and pivot ball and pull the old clutch and flywheel tomorrow. Have a new ford racing clutch here and ford racing tob and new rear main and pilot to put in. Probably gonna get the flywheel resurfaced and get it all back together.

Someone had cut the tailpipes off at some point and had turndowns on it and the previous owner had the pipe rewelded back on. When the rewelded they used a piece of pipe between the original two ends as a coupling which made the exhaust longer. I mocked up my upr o/r x and it pushes the tailpipes where it goes over the axle up against the gas tank. So a trip to the exhaust shop is going to be In the future also.

Can't wait to get some tags! I'll keep it updated as i keep working!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
New fork and ball ordered, maybe have parts before the weekend!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks!

mysteed

Reaction score
I am extremely envious of your BAB. I have always wanted a 94-98 Saleen and BAB is hands down one of the best colors that for has ever put on a Mustang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online