Finally got decent pics of my wife's 98 ragtop. Now you know where I got my handle!

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
The handle fits. I give you props if it keeps She Who Mist Be Obeyed happy. But I gotta say I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
I can do anything to my Chrome Yellow ragtop as long as she can get it done to hers too if she wants. It was stock when she got it except for the paint. She passed on the Cobra brakes and Konis I put on mine and her FR500s are 17s while mine are 18s. Hers has Eibach lowering springs, tubular upper and lower control arms, camber/caster plates, subframe connectors, strut tower brace, cold air intake and PI intake manifold, aftermarket exhaust (hers has JBA stainless shorties and catted H-pipe. American Muscle turbo cat back), upgraded plug wires, chin spoiler, custom shifter, style bars, blackout rear valance/side and hood scoops/grill opening, sequential rear taillights, etc. As far as liking the color (or not): to each his own, but she gets more positive comments on her car when she is driving it than I do on mine, dammit!

Last edited:

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Pink isn't and will never be my style (ik ik the horror of a car girl that doesn't want a pink Miata) but its a cleanly done, pretty car.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta say… it looks pretty darn sweet! My knee-jerk reaction was, “pink”? , ok….
Then it’s quickly noticeable how well thought out the whole package is. Well done; 2 thumbs up!

Is the interior done up, too? (Pics?) :)

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’m partial to pink since I’ve had family members with breast cancer so I wear pink from time to time. I even have a pink ribbon on my vest for work. Now for my car, I don’t know but it is a woman who drives it so who cares. It actually looks good and flows well.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Gotta say… it looks pretty darn sweet! My knee-jerk reaction was, “pink”? , ok….
Then it’s quickly noticeable how well thought out the whole package is. Well done; 2 thumbs up!

Is the interior done up, too? (Pics?) :)
Gotta click on the pics to see them clearly. I put an aftermarket shifter with a pink threaded shift boot in place of the boring factory shifter after the first photo was taken.

Attachments

• interior 1.jpg
    interior 1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190407_152857.jpg
    20190407_152857.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 17

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I always wondered about your name. I thought you were a girl for a while because of it. That might be the first pink car I did want to out-right hate right from the start.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I always wondered about your name. I thought you were a girl for a while because of it. That might be the first pink car I did want to out-right hate right from the start.
I joined the forum in 2015 when I got my wife her ride. I picked my handle based on that. I still had my 70 Road Runner 440+6 with a Tremec 5 speed retrofit at the time. I didn't get my own Mustang until a year or two later after I sold the Plymouth, never bothered to change my handle.

You mean "didn't", right???

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Cant say I have seen any other pink cars like that? Is it a wrap? Actually kinda dig it. Looks pretty good!
Thanks! No, not a wrap, a respray by a prior owner. Pretty decent paint job. They got the door jambs and inside the trunk, just not the engine compartment.

Hans

Reaction score
Hey PinkyT, love the story behind the name. Great that the both of you share the Mustang car hobby.
And I think your wive's car looks great!

Snorky

Reaction score
Looks cool! Only thing i would have done differently is body match the side scoops. Bet it sounds awesome

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online