First Car Build/ Fixing - 94 Mustang

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Peeled the dip off the wheels yesterday, and I really like the gold, just needs more low.

0806151655a.jpg

0806151655b.jpg

0806151656_HDR.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I like the gold on there. I think doing the side cobra emblems gold will fit right in. It could go a little lower, but not excessively.

Great looking ride man.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Update-

Springs, plates and isos arrived early last Friday and in a mad dash to get the car done before I go to work that way the next morning I could drive the car to the Woodward Dream Cruise with a few other SN95 buddies. Ill post pics later but I struggled getting the bolts out of the rear control arms for about 45 minutes each with a pry bar and impact before getting them out of the car. Having the rears completely done and installed, I made the decision to not install the fronts right away because there would be no way Id make it to the dream cruise. (Woodward Dream Cruise was a really good time, even though one of my SN95 buddies got a ticket for "Improper start" aka spinning the tires). After I returned from the cruise I decided to jack the car up and get ready for the next day and I would install the plates and springs, and really lost motivation and let it sit since Saturday night. I really hope to have them finished by tomorrow afternoon.

Btw, Is it possible for me to adjust the caster/camber myself or should I just save myself the time and take it to a tire shop?

lutter94

Reaction score
Don't drop it more than half the distance to the wheels from where you're at now. Would hate for it to look like a wheel borrow. Headlight corner change would look killer too, either clear or smoked. Needs some horizontal tails though!!

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Don't drop it more than half the distance to the wheels from where you're at now. Would hate for it to look like a wheel borrow. Headlight corner change would look killer too, either clear or smoked. Needs some horizontal tails though!!
Don't think I quite understand what you're saying, but as of this morning it has H&R Supersports with isos at all 4 corners

lutter94

Reaction score
Don't think I quite understand what you're saying, but as of this morning it has H&R Supersports with isos at all 4 corners

I don't know where that will put the car, but i'm just saying they call it wheel gap for a reason lol.

lutter94

Reaction score
I googled some pics, looks good to me. Hate when they go for "stance" when it really should be called "sitting" on the ground, lol.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
I googled some pics, looks good to me. Hate when they go for "stance" when it really should be called "sitting" on the ground, lol.
Function was a huge factor in my springs as well as make it look like I'm not 4x4 ready, and I got rid of my front end rattle due to both of the springs having about 1.5 coils rusted completely off

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Picture Update
Decided to get the cobra out and finish everything with the suspension and get an alignment. Turned out pretty well I think.

0822151953a.jpg

0823151403.jpg

But after doing some back road testing with the new setup I knew I was rubbing when I cornered hard.

0823151427.jpg

Both rears were rubbing on the inside wheel well right above the exhaust, so I promptly grabbed a hammer and bent a 6 inch long area up 2 inches on both sides. After another test, my hammer modifications seemed to do the trick.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
You might want to check the rear upper and lower control arm bushings. Mine were destroyed and allowed the rear to move from side to side causing my 315's to come into contact with the inner fender under hard cornering.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
You might want to check the rear upper and lower control arm bushings. Mine were destroyed and allowed the rear to move from side to side causing my 315's to come into contact with the inner fender under hard cornering.
Thats what it is, but I'm not going to pull it back apart yet because in a few weeks I plan on ordering MM Lower Control and maybe upper too if they sell them. For now my hammer procedure seems to have done the trick, the only thing that really irritates me now is this play in my steering wheel, already ordered a MM Solid Steering Shaft (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/S...Power-Steering-Rack-1994-04-Mustang-P460.aspx) Hopefully that does the trick, if not I might find myself a 03-04 cobra rack and slam it in.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
It was cooler today so I decided to take a trip to the drag strip, (Milan Dragway) car was a hand full to say the least, first run, which was my best of the night was a 14.3 @99, I launched near perfectly and treed a 10 second Porsche and missed 3rd. After that run the clutch gave me so many issues that I couldn't even get a respectable pass down the track, I have vids of all my runs and I may post them up if someone wants to see my struggle.

turion94

Reaction score
Just noticed your build. I like what you've done so far. I like the color by the way.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
It was cooler today so I decided to take a trip to the drag strip, (Milan Dragway) car was a hand full to say the least, first run, which was my best of the night was a 14.3 @99, I launched near perfectly and treed a 10 second Porsche and missed 3rd. After that run the clutch gave me so many issues that I couldn't even get a respectable pass down the track, I have vids of all my runs and I may post them up if someone wants to see my struggle.

Post 'em up man. I'd like to see them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell