First Car Build/ Fixing - 94 Mustang

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Ordered the race shifter arm for my MGW, and made some adjustments with the clutch, gonna try and get to the track again this weekend or maybe next week, I feel if I can make a solid pass I can get into the 13's, but for my first time on a dragstrip I'm not too disapointed with how it went. If anyone has some good tips to drop those times let me know, as well as how to keep the clutch from getting really soft or really hard.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Update
Couple pics of how the MM Plates turned out-
0908152207.jpg

0908152207a.jpg

Was surfing the CL and found some long tubes and seemed like it was too good to be true
0910152158.jpg

0910152159.jpg

0910152159a.jpg

0910152205.jpg

Ending up getting BBK Longtubes and midpipe with o2's for 100 bucks

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Little U​pdate-

It's been awhile ..... Finally bought a cam and new valve springs a few weeks ago, planning on going in car soon, also car was in an accident, my sister was leaving for a party last Saturday and backed into my car so hard it moved about 20ft back while in gear..... Tore up the front bumper, cracked both headlights, the headlight cone thing that runs across the face of the car is shattered and the cobra hood is bent and cracked in multiple places. To add insult to injury the cobra in the front had the head broken off, will post pics when I get around to it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is your sister still alive?!?

I only ask cause I know I would have strangled my sister!!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Is your sister still alive?!?

I only ask cause I know I would have strangled my sister!!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!
It was very frustrating, but it was an accident, and she is paying for it.

1024152127b.jpg

1024152127a.jpg

1024152128.jpg

The hood is full latched here too, or as much as it can be right now

But, I'm trying to make the best of it, cleaned it up and a bit and rolling no hood :cool:
1026151757b.jpg

1026151806.jpg

1026151811.jpg

1026151811a.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
At least cobra hoods are fairly cheap. the Nostrals are what they don't make anymore.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
At least cobra hoods are fairly cheap. the Nostrals are what they don't make anymore.
Found a Cobra R Hood near me sitting in primer for $200, which is actually cheaper than the regular cobra hoods around my area

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice work so far. I love my mgw, but 3rd gear is grind city for me unfortunately lol. How's the ride with the H&R's? I've been debating on getting them. One word of advice before you put those longtubes on. Get yourself starter heat wrap off latemodelrestoration.com - and wrap your starter. If you don't, those longtubes will cook that starter in no time. I wrapped mine 2 years ago when I put my longtubes in.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Nice work so far. I love my mgw, but 3rd gear is grind city for me unfortunately lol. How's the ride with the H&R's? I've been debating on getting them. One word of advice before you put those longtubes on. Get yourself starter heat wrap off latemodelrestoration.com - and wrap your starter. If you don't, those longtubes will cook that starter in no time. I wrapped mine 2 years ago when I put my longtubes in.
I love them, but I do scrape quite often, exhaust hangs low and it being lowered doesn't help, honestly if I had a second try, Id buy the Super Sports again.

Oh yeah, clutch is gone, started slipping real hard so I went out and raced a few camaros and a vette and its done for, just gonna put a Exedy Mach 350 in it.

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
UPDATE-
Got a great deal on a clutch on Cyber Monday, unfortunately my hopes of a leaky rear main was not the case, oil pan gasket is leaking all the way around, also when I removed the transmission I found that the bearing retainer for the input shaft was snapped off, when my replacement arrived I went to remove said retainer and the input shaft was sitting in the only position where it is removable and was accidentally pulled of with the retainer, causing the 15 needle bearings to fall into the transmission (giant pain in my ass to get them out) but they looked pretty chewed up and I decided to look for replacements, and with no luck of finding them, ordered two sets for a world class from different places with hopes they would fit to no avail, seems the only I can find that advertises t5z is the entire rebuild kit from ford, which seems silly to buy for 15 needle bearings. But it doesn't look like I have much of a choice.

Buuuut, on the positive got some Bilstein HD's off of a wrecked mustang for realllllly cheap.

Will update my trans situation if solved

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Sick build so far man liking where this is going! As for the tranny problems i feel you there my tr3650 out of a mach is starting to slip

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Sick build so far man liking where this is going! As for the tranny problems i feel you there my tr3650 out of a mach is starting to slip
Thanks alot, trying to fix all of the problems now, more fun mods to come soon!

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
UPDATE

Oil pan gasket went in in half a hour after I lifted engine about a foot, they have their shit together with those alignment pegs, made my life 10x easier, pics to come, maybe new clutch goes in today?

OP
OP
S

SN95Whip

Reaction score
UPDATE-
Lots of pics to come, car went back together after oil pan gasket and putting clutch and trans back in pretty easy, bought some pacesetter lt's and installed them and buttoned it up last night and filled with fluids. Getting ready to drop the car this morning there was quite a large puddle of trans fluid on the ground (Royal purple isnt cheap so this one hurt alot) And found a 6 inch long hairline crack on the tailshaft of the trans about an inch away from where it bolts to the main case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online