First time with drag radials

NJcobra94

Reaction score
ok i have a 95 cobra, gt40x heads, b303 cam, full bolt on etc.. nothing special just under 300hp... well i just picked up a set of drag lites with mt drag radials, my questions are how much more should i heat them up them my regular 315 nittos during the burnout?(usually i just do a quick spin to clean them off seeing that heating them up isn't going to accomplish much) and second how much harder where you able to launch the car with them? (with street tires i'd tach it up to 3k and slip the clutch for my best launch pulled a 1.9 60' as a best)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok i have a 95 cobra, gt40x heads, b303 cam, full bolt on etc.. nothing special just under 300hp... well i just picked up a set of drag lites with mt drag radials, my questions are how much more should i heat them up them my regular 315 nittos during the burnout?(usually i just do a quick spin to clean them off seeing that heating them up isn't going to accomplish much) and second how much harder where you able to launch the car with them? (with street tires i'd tach it up to 3k and slip the clutch for my best launch pulled a 1.9 60' as a best)

You need to get them hot so a solid 4-5 seconds should do the trick.

With MTs you should be able to launch a shit ton harder...I know guys with good suspension launch at like 6k with Drs and can do 1.5-1.6 60 foots.

blksnake

<font color="pink">Senior Member</font>
Reaction score
****kkkkkkkk im in point pleasant, u should come to atco this weekend... a bunch of us are driving down..

OP
OP
N

NJcobra94

Reaction score
is atco open? if so they must be one of the first cause etown is still closed for a couple more weeks

OP
OP
N

NJcobra94

Reaction score
well if i can get off work this weekend i'll make the drive out to atco

joekd

Reaction score
Heat them up a lot and play with tire PSI until you get the launch that scares you a little, once you have that you know you got it right :)

First time I got my launch right on DR's I almost pulled it right out of gear