FivepointSlow's Super Slow 1994 Mustang GT

RichV

Reaction score
Nice job man! Love to see your passion for the car. It shows in your posts.

You're a true Mustang guy! Keep up the good work, you're on the donwnhill now!

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Just realized we have a half day Wednesday and have thursday and friday off.. so i have to try and get all the major stuff done tomorrow and hope i can get it ready to bring home and finish the last stuff in my driveway...
!= need to do in school
Check= done
Other stuff not marked can be done in my driveway.. stuff under afterthoughts is mostly after emissions stuff...
5eVec1O.jpg

Waiting on radiator mounts, and headlight bulbs (swapping because hid high beams dont turn on fast enough and theyll throw a fit over it) to come in.. still need to order an abs sensor and a steering shaft bushing but i havent looked at the steering shaft just yet... going back to auto next period to try and get some more shit done

joekd

Reaction score
Wouldn't swapping the midpipe be worlds easier to do while you have it on the lift?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
what horns did you get?
Wolo's.

Abs sensor is 100% ****ed. Ordered a new one and itll be at school in the morning... got my overflow tank all secured and im feeling good about being able to get my car ready before we leave for thanksgiving break.
4ARq7tf.jpg

3BQ2rMa.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Abs sensor came in today, not having the right bolt to put in combined with the rediculous amount of cars we had come in for work i didnt get much done but im pleased with where im at.

Was midway through the horn replacement yesterday. The wiring on the stock horns is wierd and threw me off. They ground by the bolt that holds them on but they also have a positive tab and what looks like a negative tab.. on the new ones i wired the positive the same and ran a ground wire to the bolt theyre mounted to and boom. A fully working pair of horns thats a little louder than stock but not a train horn by any means... and onoy cost me $30
Am0mQk8.jpg

Doywqx0.jpg

Next i tackled the air bag light.. ordered a number 74 from napa and they promptly delivered it. Popped it in and wouldn't ya know i have a code. Code 73. Looked it up and its a high resistance in the passenger side airbag. So im gonna clean the connection another day and hope its just that.
tJ14tzQ.jpg

Abs sensor fun
Had to pull off my rotor to get the rest of the abs sensor to pop out but it wasnt too difficult. Im no expert but id say it was ****ed.
tJ14tzQ.jpg

YfyfjRk.jpg

Ordered a bolt for it will be at school tomorrow but we might have a snow day which then we'd have to wait til monday.

Also accidentally hit my passenger side window switch to find it decided to roll down for the first time ever. Then took forever to creep back up but it made it. New motor is needed but theres definetly something wierd with my lock and window wiring thats causing this moody work not work crap... gonna need help diagnosing this in the near future.

How she sat after today.
jaQ7xV4.jpg

hi6MxKl.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Found this mess when i came to school today..
thk2iG1.jpg

jRsOh9z.jpg

Caliper decided to start leaking overnight and the brake fluid ate right through my paint..
bx5UHBo.jpg

Wiped off the bubbling paint and prepped for some paint
UOSFiGt.jpg

0h5xd9A.jpg

ZMJ5JKX.jpg

Came out really good for a half ass tape job and using a spare can of engine enamel i found in our shop..
BiBrQg4.jpg

DW7iqVp.jpg

Got the bolt for my abs sensor and got that in. Also pulled my hid bulbs, leaving the ballists, and plugged in my halogen bulbs. Looks like ass with the yellowish light next to my led switchbacks and yellow hid fogs but its only temp til i get some projectors to retrofit

Monday will be the last day itll be at school.. swap my drivers seat bracket, fix my airbag code, top off my fluids and throw on my new radiator mounts. I have to raise my coils too but my friend volunteered for that while i finish everything else up... getting so close.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
So since the brake line drama, i have fixer and cleared all of my airbag codes. I had like 3 or 4, and it only gave me one at a time until i fixed that one then it woukd move to the next, first it was the passenger airbag connection. Cleaned and cleared.
SzaNaSM.jpg

The corrosion
HO3BsBf.jpg

Then it was the rh radiator crash sensor having an open circuit.. sanded down the bracket and bolts to get a better ground.
Then it was saying the sensor wasnt even mounted to the vehicle so i remounted it and then that went away.
Now no more airbag code!

Abs light came back on.. put the car on the lift and found theres no bolt in the abs sensor i just put on.. so i pulled the abs sensor to find a snapped bolt.. so tomorrow ill be pulling that out and fixing it.

All i have left to do is extend my tailpipes, raise my coils, fix that bolt, and install some rack and pinion bushings and ill be ready for the road.

My friends new daily has been sitting in the shop along side mine, he needed a new radiator. His jetta is getting paint over the winter, fun is.
VlBdFDh.jpg

cIhUDgm.jpg

Also made a new gaming chair out of a broken computer chair and my old broken seat.. :)
AmifqXF.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
So since my last update a few things have been done.
I ran out of gas in the middle of the shop whoch resulted in me borrowing a friends car and signing out of school to go grab some gas cans at home and fill them up. Slightly embarrassing but i cant say i didnt see that coming lol.
j6EQzCN.jpg

Water temp gauge stopped working randomly. Decided it was time to replace the sensor and sending unit and now all is well. Still runs hot. But im assuming thats due to it needing to be flushed several times.
Q1IqPRJ.jpg

CQv6iwk.jpg

Went through and cleaned every connection i could find for my abs system and its still throwing codes. Kinda annoying but my airbag light also keeps coming back on so im giving up and towing it to the shop that had it for vacuum leaks and after it overheated. Towing it monday.
aMIDdgH.jpg

Used my schools awesome program called ProDemand.com and pulled up a detailed schematic of the cluster wiring. My ghetto soldering to the back of an LED bulb would cause my gauge overlays to sometimes no work due to a poor connection. So i spliced into the wires and fixed i for the last time. Probably going to add male/female connectors to a few wires for the overlays so i can pull my cluster out easier than disconnecting those littler connectors.
UtB50eW.jpg

Somehow i missed that my parking brake light never worked for the time ive owned it. Turns out bulb was bad. That would of caused me to fail safety. Switch is a little wierd it only turns on if its pulled more than 3 inches up but after about 6 inches up it stops working again so ill have to see if its loose.
UOElhsY.jpg

So once the shop diagnoses my airbag and abs light issues i should be all set to go to emissions and safety inspection then register her... then we can have some real fun and start throwing more mod money at her.. i already have a few wishlists full of parts :)
yl43BSz.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Like my side exhaust? LOL
WJ0C5g9.jpg

Rigged up my tailpipes and got them all sorted out.
7ZdCBST.jpg

Loaded onto my friends trailer and towed it to the shop. We didnt use boards because 4x4 but my wheels kept settling in the slots on the ramps.. so between working the ebrake and riding the clutch and the wet trailer and the tires spinning.. the clutch started burning like a mother ****er and threw a fit. I knew it was on its way out but this was its final cry for help. Whole car smelt like clutch lmfao. Can still get it into gear but theres basically no clutch left. It grabs at the last 3/4" of pedal. Lol. Good thing [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] just recieved my payment for his spare clutch yesterday morning. Thatll be my next project after emissions.
el8DOx8.jpg

1StS6sK.jpg

Its also still running hot ):
MYmYSr7.jpg

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Good lord, I would have definitely burnt that car to the ground by now, lol. You've replaced so much!

Also, that isn't what I would consider running hot. Mine runs that high sometimes. The gauge also could be slightly off judging by how high the oil pressure and battery gauge reads.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Good lord, I would have definitely burnt that car to the ground by now, lol. You've replaced so much!

Also, that isn't what I would consider running hot. Mine runs that high sometimes. The gauge also could be slightly off judging by how high the oil pressure and battery gauge reads.
Oil is the only inaccurate one i think. It freaks out going below the levels when the cars off. the temp is pretty accurate it bounces between middle and 3/4. Im gonna flush it again and replace my thermostat again. Doesnt overheat so im not too concerned.
I stopped updating my excel sheet listing how much i put into it. Stopped at 8 grand who knows what its at now ):

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I want to apologize in advance if you already wrote it up (I haven't gotten to read the entire thread) but how did you separate your cluster bezel from the plastic to paint the inside?
I made the mistake of shoving a knife in there and cracking my plastic lens. Throw it innthe oven just like you would headlights and then the glue will seperate. 200 degrees for like 10-15 should do it. Just keep an eye on it.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I agree with slow90coupe, my old 95 v6 and my current 96 both hover around 1/2 to 3/4 on the temp gauge. I've never overheated, just seems like the temp gauges on these cars are set up that way

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I made the mistake of shoving a knife in there and cracking my plastic lens. Throw it innthe oven just like you would headlights and then the glue will seperate. 200 degrees for like 10-15 should do it. Just keep an eye on it.

Fantastic, Ill be doing this tonight. Thanks a lot man.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I agree with slow90coupe, my old 95 v6 and my current 96 both hover around 1/2 to 3/4 on the temp gauge. I've never overheated, just seems like the temp gauges on these cars are set up that way
Good to know. A bunch of people where telling me it was running too hot. Im going to flush and do the thermostat anyways though it probably still needs it. Couldnt hurt.
Fantastic, Ill be doing this tonight. Thanks a lot man.
Glad to help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag