FivepointSlow's Super Slow 1994 Mustang GT

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Dude just slip the guys at the inspection place $50 to pass it, I'm sure they will pass it.
Im not the one bringing it to inspection. The guy that owns the shop i bought my car from wont officially sell it to me until everything is done by the book. Im gonna have to write a freaking 5 page long agreement or some shit just to get him to give me the salvage title so i can scrap the body..

What god awful state do you live in??

Thats what I do.. or just drive around to different shops till you find a sketchy one that will pass you..
i live in lovely CT. Read above about passing inspection

Right. But it's not smogged and registered right? You've had this car for how long? Hate to say it but If I were you I would throw in the towel. I just see it as more money down the drain that you'll not only get back but won't put to good use.
Almost 3.5 years... 8k... id rather see everything ive put into it go onto a new body then have to sell it, get maybe 2k out of it, then start over. I havent really done any body work.. so im not really losing any work ive put into it. Id rather spend a month swapping crap and make back my $500 plus a few hundred with the extra parts then go through the trouble of having Ford look it, pay them, then get it through inspection.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Plus i have a tubular k member, tubular a arms to put in, i wanted to wire tuck my bay, amd i need to replace the clutch, so i would be pulling the motor anyways... not a whole lot more work after that... suspension would take me a day... rear end would take me a few hours if that. Interior might not even need to be replaced..

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If this is the car you really want to have, then by all means go for it. Personally, I am all about big projects so I would get the new body and start over with a clean title. To me there is no better feeling than starting at a shell and bringing it back to life. Good luck with whatever route you take though.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You keep a positive attitude man! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the car. Take lots of pics of the swappage

Edit: get some of these if u don't have a lift, it's a great peace of mind when you're under the car

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You keep a positive attitude man! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the car. Take lots of pics of the swappage

Edit: get some of these if u don't have a lift, it's a great peace of mind when you're under the car
I have a set.. great for my parents cars at stock height... cant even back onto them with my car.. lol. Gonna build a set out of wood this spring for me and my friends jetta because were both too low for the jacks we have.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I have a set.. great for my parents cars at stock height... cant even back onto them with my car.. lol. Gonna build a set out of wood this spring for me and my friends jetta because were both too low for the jacks we have.

I can't drive up them either but they are a great jack-stand for when the car needs to be up for a while. I hate the small jack stands, I always worry about them failing

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Heres a picture of the wood ramps I made.. theyre perfect for lowered cars..

2012-08-01_17-13-21_912.jpg

joekd

Reaction score
Im gonna have to write a freaking 5 page long agreement or some shit just to get him to give me the salvage title so i can scrap the body.

Scrap price is ~$250 around here last time I checked. After all the crap he put you through I would strip off every part worth more then a dollar then dump the chassis on his lot and let him deal with it.

He won't assign title therefore he still owns it

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Scrap price is ~$250 around here last time I checked. After all the crap he put you through I would strip off every part worth more then a dollar then dump the chassis on his lot and let him deal with it.

He won't assign title therefore he still owns it
Im dealing with a totally different guy now... the only reason he doesnt want to sign ovet the car is because he doesnt want me coming back and accusing him of selling me a car he knows is defective. Tho im sure i can get him to just sign it over as salvage.. tell him exactly what i want to do. cant register a salvage title so there shouldnt be a problem. worst thing that could happen is i drop the car off to the shop exactly how i bought it and demand what i originally paid for it back.. lol.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Pretty sure i found a body... really good deal.. would be just a rolling chassis though, no doors or anything. Looking at it thursday. Kinda pumped.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Plot twist.... you found a 99-04 roller and you are doing the swap into that.
By roller i mean basically the body plus suspension. No body panels. Doors. Interior. Motor. Just the body and enough suspension to make it roll onto a trailer lol. But that would be unique... 94 5.0 motor in a 99-04 body

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Went to go look at the donor car today.. some rebuilding that needs to be done to the rear of the body. Mostly trunk floor. Nothing huge. I have my car i cant cut portions out of and weld in. Also rust on rear passenger side fender along lip, also going to cut a piece from my car and fix it. Also found out hes swapping everything to a fox body, interior and everything.. lol. He was going to sell the body parts we take off but i am buying the sail panels off him. Maybe other parts we'll see. So im getting the body suspension wheels glass and sail panels from him, and i just have to return the suspension and wheels after i get it on jackstands... pretty pumped. This should be fun.

Hes calling me next week when the things he ordered to roll his other body around come in and we'll setup a day at the end of february to dive into disassembling it.

dpUavQE.jpg

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Are you getting the vin and a title with it? Im not understanding how this will fix you titling issue with the other car.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Are you getting the vin and a title with it? Im not understanding how this will fix you titling issue with the other car.
Lol yea the vin and title is following the body. Im getting the body for free and any parts i get off him im paying for so whatever that total comes to after i figure out what i need and want will be what he puts on the bill of sale for what i paid for the car. So ill have a clean titled 95 with 200k miles on it with all of my 94 stuff with 136k on it. Lol.

Im gonna try to get up to the shop that has the 94 title and have him start filing to get the title for me. It was totalled then abandoned so hes got to go through the dmv to get the salvage just so i can junk the body. But before i junk it it gets to get chopped up for the little rust spots on the donor body

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Lol yea the vin and title is following the body. Im getting the body for free and any parts i get off him im paying for so whatever that total comes to after i figure out what i need and want will be what he puts on the bill of sale for what i paid for the car. So ill have a clean titled 95 with 200k miles on it with all of my 94 stuff with 136k on it. Lol.

Im gonna try to get up to the shop that has the 94 title and have him start filing to get the title for me. It was totalled then abandoned so hes got to go through the dmv to get the salvage just so i can junk the body. But before i junk it it gets to get chopped up for the little rust spots on the donor body

Ok, that's awesome. Itll be a task for sure, but i think it will be worth it in the end. Good job finding the body, are you getting it painted before you go together with all of it?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Ok, that's awesome. Itll be a task for sure, but i think it will be worth it in the end. Good job finding the body, are you getting it painted before you go together with all of it?
Most likely spraying the engine bay, putting it together, then a month or so later painting it all... just dont want to pull the motor twice lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online