FivepointSlow's Super Slow 1994 Mustang GT

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
So I explained how I obtained this vehicle and everything to the moment I got it in my driveway, and what I thought I needed to do to it at first in my intro. If you have not seen that thread that can be found here: http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?62071-New-kid-here

Now once I started working on my car, it just kept getting worse and worse. Everything from pulling the intake apart to find blow by oil everywhere due to a clogged PCV valve (which took myself and my friend, and we're both pretty strong dudes, to climb onto the engine and pull that mesh out), to going to replace the fuel pump and having to replace the tank and all the components. I have put about $2000 in parts alone into this car, plus the $1500 I paid for it. Yes I know I over paid, yes I know i shouldn't be dumping money into it. But I'll be damned if this thing never makes it to the DMV to be registered.

This is what she looked like before I bought her. These are the only 2 pictures I saw of the car before telling my dad to tell the guy I wanted it
vhSWzZJ.jpg
wjJvIPH.png

And keep in mind, that's the GOOD side of the car, the other side has a flat spare tire, and is missing the side mirror.

*EDIT: I have since run a detailed CarFax and the following story has changed, car was wrecked in 2001, guy bought it to fix, ran out of funds, gave it to the shop, I then bought it
Now this is a complicated story. The car was totaled in 2007, I have no idea who owned it, I found paperwork that used to be in the glove box that had been pushed up into the dash behind the airbag, during the accident I suppose, that puts this car in Virginia and was bought there in 2000. So how it made it from Virginia to Connecticut and then crashed is not known to me. But whoever did own it did not pay for the repairs hat where done, and the shop overtook the title ad let it sit in the yard for 5 years. All the shop had done to the car was replace the hood, bumper, and passenger side fender. As well as the radiator support. Which at some point was used to tow the car and got all jacked up again. Apparently someone thought the radiator support was a good place to hook up to. So when it got to my house I only thought the following was wrong:
fuel pump
radiator support
radiator overflow tank (had hole form being pushed into pulley's)
SMOG pump pulley
airbags
side skirts
wheels and tires
stereo deck
headliner
door panels
passenger side mirror
passenger side interior pillar cover
all exterior pillar covers

So pretty basic stuff. Nothing that required too much mechanical knowledge. Everything could be bought cheaply new or gotten from a junk yard. I kept telling myself it was a good deal. Even when I found oil in the intake, or when I realized the bracket for the drivers seat was snapped, or when I couldn't get my new stereo deck to work. But when I realized how ****ed I was was when I noticed the front springs where destroyed and that all the wires for the headlights, side markers, and fog lights had been simply cut instead of unplugged, and when I went to replace the fuel pump with a nicer one for an easy $100 and found out that my tank was rusting out and the fuel pump assembly and sending unit had rusted through.

So after alot of headaches I found ALOT more wrong with my car than originally anticipated. And the catch is I can't get the title for the car until it can pass emissions and have a VIN check due to the car being totaled in 2007. The new things that where wrong include:
fuel tank
fuel pump assembly
fuel sending unit
third brake light
inner fender splash gaurds
new wiring harness' for all my front lights
new front seats
rewire the entire stereo system
battery terminals (so old and bent they won't tighten properly)
new battery
idler pulley (I believe it was causing the car to not idle, it was locked up pretty good, haven't replaced it yet but it's gonna be the next thing)
alternator
CAI (old stock intake was filled with so much oil it wasn't worth saving)
spark plug wires
distributor cap
coil pack
belt
radiator (current one has alot of rust in it)
rocker arms (there is a lovely knocking noise coming from the passenger side, plan on getting roller rockers just to upgrade while I'm there)
fog lights
window seals

I do have a plan and a goal now that most of the above is done. I still have to do some little things, I have not located any airbags for cheap, still need new seats aswell as the battery terminals, idler pulley, and alternator. And at that point I can tow it to emissions and get the title. Then I will be doing the following:
Saleen rear wing
chin spoiler
side skirts
wheels and tires ( I picked up some stock ones with a little bit of tread on them for $100. they hold air and thats all I need for now, upgrading in future)
Turbo it with supporting mods (upgrading fuel system as well as rods, hydrolic lifters etc.)
Cam it (e303 seems to be what I'm going to go with but I haven't decided yet)
It already has cat back flow masters on it :)
75mm throttle body
better than stock radiator with a 14 in electric fan
rear window louvers
black bullitt fuel door
drilled and slotted brake rotors + pads
caster camber plates
ford racing gt40x heads
clutch adjuster kit
short throw shifter
tune
coilovers

That is my current goal for it to be completed, and it will probably never be completed. I plan on holding onto this car for a long time. If the motor goes I'll just drop a crate motor in their or something. Money isn't exactly my friend. My parents are no help as they are struggling with their current bills and my job at the landscaping company I worked for at the summer is just a summer job, school prevents me from working their this time of year, so I am still looking for another job. So this build will realistically be a few years long. but most of it was done in the past year and will be done before spring. Ideally I want to have it running and registered by this spring so I can bring it to the Staggered 2014 show here in New England, yes I know many of you don't like the crowd that goes there but I'd like to give those ricers a little taste of American muscle. :)

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
And here is some before/after/during/future/everything lol

Engine before and after
sdfN4VC.png

Before and after after
a2sFuph.png

Headlights and black pony
CTrDYRi.png

Interior before and after cleaning and paint
ba0I3kq.png

License plate lights
MuZhAZM.png

This is what my life consists of. Shed is packed with useless stuff. So I have to bring parts into my house. Mom wasn't too happy so it went into my bedroom. haha
1bO5rRv.png

Me and a friend tearing down my engine
j6ANA4b.png

Engine all naked and stuff
i8qz5Ob.png

The PCV valve and mesh screen that could! took myself and my friend to get ontop of the engine and pull this sucker out.
Wz942A2.png

Back when it was untouched.
QRk5IgZ.png

Parts before/after glass blasting and paint
84rv4Cf.png

Just a little taste of the rust that as in my fuel tank. Old and new fuel pump assembly. Old on was so weak I ripped it in half after this picture.
0yV1onF.png

Tinted taillights
CHyF9rj.png

Friend under the car working on the tank, had one stubborn bolt that we had to heat up to get out.
iODswUu.png

Myself taking out the rusted out fuel filter
EI6COpo.png

Goal for spring of 2014. Photoshopped this to the best of my ability, lowered, FR500 wheels, tinted windows, Saleen spoiler, chin spoiler, and no side badge.
YpfqC6U.png

A way more detailed timeline of my build so far can be found on my instagram, various photos are mixed in but the majority of my posts are on my car. @RBKienzler

Finally got rid of the old silly stock shifter
u17fco1.png

Replaced the broken ignition cylinder. I didn't even realize you had to push that lever to get the key out before because the cylinder was broken and it let you pull it out... haha
7uOGlBK.png

And I also replaced the door locks while I was at it to match the key.
Hs5T91m.png

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good job dude you really turned this thing around . I like to see that your actually getting in there and wrenching at a young age reminds me of me at ur age . The plan you got for the car looks good with the stance and black wheels

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Good job dude you really turned this thing around . I like to see that your actually getting in there and wrenching at a young age reminds me of me at ur age . The plan you got for the car looks good with the stance and black wheels
Thanks man. Yea, the whole point of this is so when it is done I can be proud of it and say I did it myself. And I would rather buy a junked car and build it my way, and the right way, than buy a built car and not know if someone cut corners. Plus there is no fun in buying stuff and not building it.

Built not bought is the motto I'll stick by for this and future builds.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I do rebuild cars for a living on the side and part out cars daily too ... So I know where ur coming from . My cars 100% built by me

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I literally had no idea you could change door looks to a different color lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice build thread!
Who cares if you over paid and there's tons of problems, you're in it to keep it now! Enjoy it!

I swapped my ignition and locks with a new edge. So I have no functioning chip key.

Great work so far.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wow what a turn around. Seriously, nice fawking work man. Working on your own car just makes it feel that much better to say, I did this, i did that. That pic you posted with the black fr500s, s281 wing and chin spoiler is the same picture I saved awhile ago because i wanted my car to look like that! haha. i had no idea either about the door locks being a different color lol. You'll be amazed at just how much a difference a saleen (s281) wing and chin spoiler will do. When i put them on, i couldn't get over how good it looked. Went from stock and okay looking to aggressive and pretty sick imo.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
And yea the chin spoiler and wing will complete the aggressive look with the aggressive stance I'll get once I get coil overs on it. I want to wait though and see if I can pick up a used wing and chin spoiler for cheaper. Right now I'm looking at $269.99 for the S281 wing and $99 for the chin spoiler on American Muscle. That's a bit steep for me. Hopefully I'll come across something sooner or later.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I've seen that on their but it doesn't say it fits 1994-98. Has anyone used one of those on my body car? I don't know if it will work.

And yea I originally picked up some lowering springs but after realizing my shocks and struts are shot I'm going to be selling my springs and going with coil overs, 2 birds in one stone and i get adjust-ability!

Any recomendation for coilovers on a High School (not even college, just highschool ;) ) budget? I was looking at these but I've heard mixed reviews about this company.
http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/ford-coilover-kits/ford-mustang-coilovers-1994-1998.html

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The 99-04 chin spoiler is the exact same as the 94-98. I have a 99-04 on my car.

As far as coilovers go, UPR is probably the cheapest decent brand you can get.
Don't bother with the racelands. They suck and don't even give you a good drop. Max is like 2" I think.

Keep your eyes peeled on the corral, they have new deals everyday. Here is the exact kit I have on my car going for $350 for the fronts: http://forums.corral.net/forums/suspension/1496129-brand-new-strange-10-way-struts-coilover-kit.html

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Nice build man, really surprised how much you went through in your mission to fix this car.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Not so interesting update. Picked up some battery terminals on my way to picking up my mom. Kind of a pain in the ass due to the positive side that goes from the battery to the fuse box was so ridiculously short, had to flip it on the fuse box bolt so it would have enough to reach the battery. Pretty close though. It's nice having a solid connection now though, old terminals had to be tapped on with a mallet to get a decent connection, bent so bad the bolts did nothing.

mZ3OqiX.jpg

CcsxLW9.jpg

x0KS3mh.jpg

usOLO6q.jpg

LVV5osd.jpg

I'm very pleased with how good they look as well as how much better of a connection I am getting.

Hopefully I will be ordering the Mach 1 chin spoiler and the idler pulley, and I'll have it running and looking a bit meaner :)

I still have the front bumper off which is why I want to get the chin spoiler now, I'd rather do it while the bumper is already off the car, much easier.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lookin good dude.. I need new battery terminals, mine look shitty lol. I got a 99-04 chin spoiler on mine from americanmuscle, $60 haha. Fits better than the 94-98s and I saved like $40 bucks.. If you don't have the front jacked up, your gonna have a fun time putting the chin spoiler on. My bro and I did it in my driveway on the floor, what a pain in my ass. Now that my bumper got resprayed, when I get it back I'll just re install the chin with the bumper off the car lol. I want your hood by the way, wanna trade? lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I want your hood by the way, wanna trade? lol

PLEASE?

It has a nice little 4 inch crack on the driver side front corner, someone did a terrible job repairing it before. It also needs to be resprayed... Paint is about 3 years old but has alot of scratches from the shop I bought it from putting boxes on it... Who paints a car and then stores shit ontop of it??

If you don't mind driving to my house, swapping the hoods in my driveway then by all means lets trade. It's also missing the mesh inserts but those are easy to make if not they're cheap to buy off LMR.

I'm being 100% serious by the way^^^^

I'm going to be putting off the chin spoiler. Found a sweet deal on some foglight pigtails, $20 for the set shipped as oppose to $60 shipped from LMR... Also am ordering the bolts for the brackets, gonna wrap that all up and bolt the bumper on for the winter and get to the chin spoiler next year. Also found some good deals on pretty much all the interior parts I was missing (driver side airbag, a pillar cover, door sills, dash pod clock (mine is shot), knee bolster, and dome base). Just need to locate a cheap passenger side airbag when I get the money and then either pull my driver seat out and weld the frame of it back together as it snapped when it was in the accident, or suck it up and drop about $500 on new seats. If i weld it together I will get new seats eventually that would just put it off a bit.

I'm also gonna order that stupid idler pulley and when that comes in I'm gonna finish bolting up my smog pump pulley, replace that, and hopefully I'll get the motor running for the first time since I tore it down a month ago.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm. Sounds reasonable lol, your probably like 2-3 hrs from me. You know where Moheagan Sun & Foxwoods are? Thats like 2.5 hours from me. Those inserts i could probably get of latemodel or AM im sure. The actual scoops are in tact?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online