FlowMasters?

rob10s2

Reaction score
it's not weird...
its just natrual!!
i would LOVE to have an edge.
my dad has a 04 mystichrome cobra.
we took it out yesterday for the first time this year.
at 6500 rpm, the blower whine and the exhaust almost made me cream my pants.
i want one SO BAD.
:boink:

Hicks

Reaction score
scarface said:
Hicks said:
scarface said:
I must be getting old..I want my stang to sound good, but I can deal without it being loud :(

NO!!! :slap:

Loud is a good thing, I love it when i just go down the road, and when this stang comes by me in the other lane and is loud when just cruising around. My car is only loud when i open it up, or get on it. A LOUD mustang at Idle Rulez! Like when your going down the road then all the sudden :eek: :D :banana: :dancing6: :drunk: a loud stang comes by you. And isn't even getting on it to hard.

Sigh... i love the new edge 4.6's
I love the sound they make
oooooo how i desire
oooooooooo how i love ^_^
k ill stop being weird
:dance: :party2:
If you heard my car you wouldnt say that :( My car sounds like a John deer tractor with no muffler played through a megaphone....its terrible. SLPs suck.

Nah the stang i heard the other day had a good tone to it..
I DUNNO what is is about the new edge stangs but they sound REALY good with this certain kind og exhaust..
Its noticable and pretty loud, i dunno what kind tho... good tone :p

Hicks

Reaction score
rob10s2 said:
magnaflow magnapacks? those sound great.

i cant tellll..

mustangexhaust.com is shutdown or something right now... so i cant listen

94yellowgt

Reaction score
Original 40 series Flowmasters on a 5.0 and Magnaflow on 4.6. I have the Deltaflow 40 series on my Dakota and its not that loud but thats what I wanted with it because its my real daily driver if the weather is bad.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I keep forgetting, I cannot fit in regular 40 Series Flows! I found these by Flowmaster though. They will work, if they are good though! They are FM's racing mufflers! What I have found on Ebay, cheaper, is this. Flowmaster Delta Force Race Muffler 2.5" - 325108. Item number: 130089884457. Has anyone heard these before? I need this size though. I cannot freaking remember that!!

They have a chart of loudness on reduction on their site. The 40s are about @ 85% full. These max it out on loudness. Thanks!!

Hicks

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
I keep forgetting, I cannot fit in regular 40 Series Flows! I found these by Flowmaster though. They will work, if they are good though! They are FM's racing mufflers! What I have found on Ebay, cheaper, is this. Flowmaster Delta Force Race Muffler 2.5" - 325108. Item number: 130089884457. Has anyone heard these before? I need this size though. I cannot freaking remember that!!

They have a chart of loudness on reduction on their site. The 40s are about @ 85% full. These max it out on loudness. Thanks!!

Well, down here in Goergia we have a Circle dirt track and everyone from 50-100 miles comes to race on (1 mile from my house)
And they HAVE TO HAVE Race mofflers due to the restrictions or w/e.
And the owners *friends of ours* Have this built chevy in i forgot what class, but it had Race mufflers. What he told me was.
It's basicly just a box inside the pipe haha...
I can hear the cars race all night on saterday's. Very loud cars. *1 mile away* lol...
So i figure the race muffler is something close to that, loud but enough to keep it legal?

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
That sounds exactly what I am looking to get, right there. I live in a cow town!! I am deaf in my left ear so I cannot hear ****!! I can hear them driving though. I will not get in any trouble is what I am trying to say, I think. Thanks so much!!

S

scarface

if you wanna hear SLP, I just put a post with pics and vid in the members ride section.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i just got the 2.5" american thunder cat back with stainless tips and i havent put it on yet but they look so bad ass and my friend down the road has this kit on his car and it sounds really good

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
if you wanna hear SLP, I just put a post with pics and vid in the members ride section.

Sorry, but I am thinking mine will still sound about a 100% different though.  Won't it?  I know your motor is a lot better than mine is.  A 4.6 and a 5.0 is way off, to me again.  Add in that yours is a Cobra just adds to it.  I am just guessing remember.  I don't know jack these days!!  Thanks again. 

My friend had a 01 Cobra with the exact same setup as I had on my car.  His made mine sound like a 4 cylinder.  His has more oomph, kind of!!  His sounded like it would rip your head off where mine would just hiss @ ya.  Sorry, I'm not good @ analogies any more!!

Also, someone said that IMCO's sound raspy!! I still have no idea what that means!! Will these Flowmaster racing mufflers sound 'raspy' too? See ya!!

95five-oh

Reaction score
I say stick with chambered mufflers (flows, mac) unless you're running HCI. SLPs and Magnapacks are straight through resonators. Ive got dynomax bullets on mine with a catted X and bbk shorties and i dont like it at all. Sounds good at WOT but at any other rpm just sounds like an old truck with an exhaust leak. Going with O/R H and flows or MAC as soon as i can afford.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
oh yes lol the reason i went out and dropped 350 on a cat back was because the previous owner had installed cherry bombs on it...talk about the most annoying sound ever....at wot it sounded pretty kick ass but other than that it was embarrasing

rob10s2

Reaction score
my friend has a cherry bomb on his f-150, it sounds sweet. but its a 5.4

S

scarface

95five-oh said:
I say stick with chambered mufflers (flows, mac) unless you're running HCI. SLPs and Magnapacks are straight through resonators. Ive got dynomax bullets on mine with a catted X and bbk shorties and i dont like it at all. Sounds good at WOT but at any other rpm just sounds like an old truck with an exhaust leak. Going with O/R H and flows or MAC as soon as i can afford.
SLP LM1s arent even respnators. they are completely hollow 4 inch pipping. there isnt a single baffle in them. I can take a pic to prove it should anyone doubt me.

ANG

Reaction score
you know, I was wondering about cherry bombs on stangs. I had flows on my old truck and they sounded good, but my dad had Cherry bombs on his truck and they sounded awesome! damn, miss his truck, its what really got me into all this cars and trucks business!

robb15033

Reaction score
If you want a great sounding and loudest setup then go with the Flowmaster 10 Series. Thats what I changed my 40's out to. You tube has videos up to listen to. Single Chamber-Flowmaster 10's

All_Ford_Fun

Reaction score
Flowmasters are nice don't get me wrong ,i have them on 3 diffrent vhecials. But at the same time if you want. Something to really grab attention , id say the slp's or borlas. Borlas sound wicked to me on a mod motor , actually want to get another stang with a mod motor for that reason...

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Here's the inside of a SLP loudmouth(whats on my car now)
IMG00262.jpg

You can actually see the "SL" of SLP on the inside

reddragon95

Reaction score
DRM STD said:
Thanks!! My muffler guy already knows I like it as loud as possible!! shouldnt be an issue..i am swapping my whole exhaust so we can work out something for my mac shorties as soon as i get the long tubes..i have a catted x with flows attached if you want the whole thing...im changing everything.its loud and very aggressive...

Now I have to save up for:
H-pipe
Shorty headers
And my Flows

Should this have me loud? I am thinking of BBK headers and an H pipe. That s a good brand, right? I have to get as cheap of a price as I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online