FlowMasters?

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I have had Flows before on my car. I just cannot remember which ones! I just know it was in the 40 series. Is there a certain one that sounds better? How about those Flowmasters Flugger's? I just saw a commercial for them on SpikeTV. Thanks in advance!!

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Just go with the American Thunder series. Thats your run of the mill originial Flowmasters.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I just say American Thunder Series, there is no certain model #? Sorry I tend to mess up, a lot! Thanks again!!

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Say "I want a Flowmaster American Thunder 2 chamber catback for my (you say the year and make of your car, such as 1997 Mustang GT)"

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
tell them to shove the delta flows up their asses those are the gayest things ever who wants a quiter tone at idle :nonono: if its to loud your to old

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
you want flowmaster originals 2 chamber and nothing else.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks!! My muffler guy already knows I like it as loud as possible!!

Now I have to save up for:
H-pipe
Shorty headers
And my Flows

Should this have me loud? I am thinking of BBK headers and an H pipe. That s a good brand, right? I have to get as cheap of a price as I can.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Would this be wise? I have a mac catback and O\R Hpipe and im not crazy about the sound. Can i have some origional series flowmaster welded in or wouls it be better to just buy another catback? Sorry about jacking the thread.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
if your going for tone..."sound" why are you doing headers??? for what shorties get you i would leave the manifolds on and save that cash for you pocket

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
if your going for tone..."sound" why are you doing headers??? for what shorties get you i would leave the manifolds on and save that cash for you pocket

I did not know about them, really! I just thought it would help. Thanks though!!!

I thought y'all said FM were good. I had no clue. Now SLP's I guess!! Tell you the truth, I have never heard of them, I think!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Give me some models #’s of SLP’s now I guess! I know nothing about them!! Do I buy from them directly, or is one site better to buy from? Thanks!!

Hicks

Reaction score
SLP is Bad to the bone... haha you ever heard a Vette go by you and sound loud? or a Camaro, they run SLP and Borla

Borla's a good brand. Theres a website on the web that shows you clips of all the exhaust sounds. Look up..? mustang exhaust or something and the site should pull up. Flow's sound amazing to me though.

O/r H-pipe to 2 Chamber is what i got sep Mac. Pretty loud car, but i got stock headers. I think flowmaster is more of a tone. Correct me if im wrong guys yall know im new at all this helping stuff. :noes:

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Don't get SLP, they sound like complete shit with a H pipe with no cats. Save your cash and buy a $100 Summit or Jegs off road H pipe and skip the premium you would pay for the BBK name or other. Shorty headers will make the car louder than the stock crappy ones. I have BBK shorty headers, Summit O/R H pipe, and Flowmaster American Thunder catback with no tail pipes and my car sounds like God would sound I'd imagine.

rob10s2

Reaction score
SLP LM2's sound good with longtubes and a o/r H. Lm1's not so much. But the beauty of the SLP system is that its compleatly modular. you can buy the LM2 mufflers and just swap them out with the 1's

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Just to throw something out there. I have a 5.0 with BBK long tubes and off road shorty X and Magnaflows. I love the way the car sounds. It has a nice little rumble at idle with a crackle from the mufflers, but the sucker is darn loud when I open it up. No 2k rpm drone while driving on the highway either. It is pretty quiet in the car, but outside, it is very noticeable.

Depending on when you wanted to get this done, I should have my car up and running in the next couple weeks. I could get a sound clip. I have always wanted to, but I never got the push to do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online