ford factory navigation in 1998 stang

Ron_B

Reaction score
has anybody taken the stock tape, radio and cd player out of a sn95 and put the radio from a 2003 with the 6 disk changer?
or put the factory for navigation in one?

OP
OP
R

Ron_B

Reaction score
do you know there Sn or have the link to the thread on where they did it?

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
yup, i was in the process of doing it. im stepping out for the evening, when i get back i will give you guys some more details on it. its not that hard depending on what headunit you decide to go with.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
ok, it took me alittle while to get it working right, but i finally got it. :dancing6:

i successfully installed a 2004 CD6 in my 98gt. 01-03 CD6 are different than the 2004+ CD6.

basically, all you have to do is get 3 metra harnesses.

1 to plug into the car's original harness
1 to plug into the radio to power it up
and 1 to plug into the radio for the rear amps.

then, to get the proper signal to the rear amps, you have to bypass the front amp, all you do is connect the "AMP OUT" harness to the factory harness that leads to the rear amps.

if anyone wants better details on this, let me know and ill get more indepth on it. the same method will work for all CD6 units out there, im sure the NAVI systems are the same, i just havent had a chance to look at them yet.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
i can do that. ill start that one up in a bit. i want to try one more thing first.......(adding another 2 factory amps to the rear amps...muahahahahhaah) :hammer:

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
I am now VERY interested in doing this.

What's the price difference compared to just buying an aftermarket head unit?

prob not worth it. only reason im doing it is because a friend of mine had his 04 mach1 totaled and gave me a really, REALLY good deal on the ENTIRE system. $150 for everything (4 speakers, 4 tweeters, the cases for the tweeters, the rear deck, the headunit, and all the wiring). then all i had to do was figure out the wiring and install it, had to buy 1 harness from Metra tho, so add another $15

Ohgami

Reaction score
Thought I'd Zombie this thread Seeing as I'm trying to do the same. Just need to know what I need to get and where it needs to be wired.

EDIT: I think I got it... I'll post it in Complete for all to see. I just need to wait til Monday for my Mach 460 Rear Speaker Box. I'll do a Parts list and everything.

Reaction score
not factory radio/navigation...but still used the bezel from newer mustang and had to do a little modifying to make it work.
dvd001small.jpg

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ Is that your XM antenna on your dash? I though about puttin mine right there, but was afraid I wouldnt get good reception through the window or something. But I might move it there...

Reaction score
no, that's actually the Navigation antenna for the Garmin. I haven't decided if I will be going w/ Sirius or XM as the Kenwood unit I have takes either.

blackgt4.6

Reaction score
Johnnybravo382 said:
not factory radio/navigation...but still used the bezel from newer mustang and had to do a little modifying to make it work.
What did you have to do to make the bezel fit?

Reaction score
the bezel isn't the problem...had to cut out a couple tabs inside the dash for it to fit. The modifying was for mounting the double din unit. Had to make a bracket to hold it in place so that the bezel wouldn't have to support the weight.

NERD

Reaction score
Thats exactly how my AvecD3 looks. this the same 01+ bezel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online