Found a cool filter wrench

94Vert

Reaction score
All of my vehicles have different size filters so I am always looking for one tool I can use. I've tried those strap things and they suck. There isn't one that can change to all the sizes I need. Until I found this baby.

70553.jpg

This thing is awesome. Our mustangs use a pretty big filter at least compared to my taurus, and this thing changes to fit both. I bought it at auto zone for like 10 bucks.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
thats cool...the first time i changed the oil on my car, none of the wrench things the place had were the right size...so i just stabbed the filter with a screwdriver to twist it off. :rollinglaugh:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
thats cool...the first time i changed the oil on my car, none of the wrench things the place had were the right size...so i just stabbed the filter with a screwdriver to twist it off. :rollinglaugh:

what ever works :D

OP
OP

94Vert

Reaction score
yeah i had to do something similar one time. this just snaps on to your 3/8 drive.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
screwdriver for the win. but damn what a fucking mess

i can always take mine off my hand though.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i use the strap if you know how to do it i have never had a problem?? :dunno: i spend the cash on the filters that have the fitting on the bottom so i can slip on a wrench and twist it off... they have the pliers you can use too there nice but run about 30 bucks

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
screwdriver for the win. but damn what a fucking mess

i can always take mine off my hand though.
yep, now that it is me doing it...whoever did it before me must have put a filter wrench on a air ratchet and went to town. :rant:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
there supposta tighten as you drive.... why can you take it off by hand?? are you the hulk or something??? or is all that solo hand action paying off for you captain forearm ;D

haha im just playing with you :D

lrall

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
there supposta tighten as you drive.... why can you take it off by hand?? are you the hulk or something??? or is all that solo hand action paying off for you captain forearm ;D

haha im just playing with you :D

ewww

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i always though you were not suppose to over tighten them.. just till it gets tight and then just a little more. needless to say, i have never had one leak and this is how i do it on my cobra, my ranger and the old ladys honda. hand tight, so they come off nice and easy.........

Suspect

Reaction score
ju015dd said:
i always though you were not suppose to over tighten them.. just till it gets tight and then just a little more. needless to say, i have never had one leak and this is how i do it on my cobra, my ranger and the old ladys honda. hand tight, so they come off nice and easy.........
i do the same. never had any problems.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah you put them on hand tight but they always tighten up on every vehicle i have ever owned....weird

gt96stang

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
am i the only one the filters tighten up on?!?!?? :dunno:

no, mine does it too... But a couple of cuss words later it decides it's ready to come off.. :hammer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online