FPR hitting the intake

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I took a 94 cobra intake out and I am replacing it with a 94 cobra so why is my FPR now hitting the intake? I did upgrade to an adjustable version to go with the new injectors but do I need to get a specific type to not hit? I will get a pic in the morning but with all the injectors lined up, and the mounting screws holding the rail in, it just seems like almost any afpr I see would hit so curious if its just something I need to adjust or???

Also curious while I was looking around considering upgrading the rail if needed I found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-98-99-00...ORS-/201336563187?hash=item2ee09825f3&vxp=mtr

Would that really fit a 94? Anyone tried it? I am curious as it looks like the lines come out the back which I would prefer rather then in that crowded little area they come out on the 302 with the stock rail.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Would that really fit a 94? Anyone tried it? I am curious as it looks like the lines come out the back which I would prefer rather then in that crowded little area they come out on the 302 with the stock rail.
I would not use those rails, you have no information on how well they flow and you shouldn't be taking a chance with fuel for the sake of cosmetics. What type of regulator are you using and I'm assuming you're using stock lines and rails for your new setup.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes it is the stock rails. This is the first time anyone has said anything bad about the stock rails the last time I asked I was told they were good to 500 hp which seemed li a bit much to me. I do have a stock replacement cheapy AFPR for the stock rails but I got an accufab while back thinking it would fit the stock rail but it doesn't.

IMG_20150310_182726889.jpg

Maybe that will help a little as the Rails all seemed to be pretty expensive from what I had seen.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Stock OEM fuel rails from a 94-95 Mustang GT is fine for what you're doing. That aftermarket ebay thing I would leave alone. As far as the fuel regulator goes you can use the stock OEM one or get one that will fit your intake without hitting.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went and looked at it again today and noticed that I could tell by the scoring on the mounting brackets from the screws that it was resting maybe a little more then 1/16" higher. I loosened the screws and tried to push it down further but it would not move. I finally got a paint stir stick and my hammer and lightly tapped the top of stick on the rail and on the 2nd tap it went down that last bit and finally seated. I used a dab of oil on the o'rings to help them slide in but I guess it just was not seated all the way down. Now the regulator is just a hair away from the upper which is just enough. Just needed to use a bigger hammer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online