Frist time engine pull need a little help

homebuilt46

Reaction score
okay guys its my first engine pull. I'm stuck around the AC compressor part. if pulling the engine do I need to take the a/c compressor off too or just leave it on? also do I need to drain a/c system?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea uou would need to drain it . I usually unbolt the compressor bracket off the the motor and move it to the side to avoid recharging the a/c

OP
OP
H

homebuilt46

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get around it without having to drain it? My clutch is done and I already started to take it apart.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You dont have to drain it just to pull the engine. I do it the same way Musturd just described, unbolt the compressor from the block and move it over to the side, pull the engine out. Also, you dont have to drain the system to replace the a/c clutch.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Its 3 bolts that hold the compressor to the block. Def the easiest way. My buddy unhooked his lines once not knowing this and discharged his system all over my garage ..... a year later im still finding little green specs from that shit...

OP
OP
H

homebuilt46

Reaction score
Yeah I just pulled the compressor on the motor and left it hanging. Starting in the exhaust now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online