Fuel Lines

BillG

Reaction score
Guys if I'm missing the clips for the fuel lines is it ok to try and fire this puppy or do I need to find the clips for the ones missing on the lines by fire wall.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
worst case scenario one pops off and sprays down the engine bay. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby and make sure your homeowners insurance is up to date and I see no reason that you should not go live with this.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What clip is missing exactly? If it’s the plastic clip that holds the rubber line on to the hard line, I wouldn’t risk pressurizing it. If it’s the metal retainer that goes on to the rail after the line clips on, then you’ll be ok.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If its the little plastic push in clips...NO! Those absolutely need to be in their place before pressurizing the line.

If you need more, they can be found at the local auto parts store

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Don’t do it. Even if you have lightning reflexes, it’s not worth it. This fire was caught quickly but look at crap the fire extinguisher left to clean up.

Screw that.

3CF33F18-B29B-433B-86C1-18D4A4F5D2CB.jpeg

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
A927DD53-3FD0-43E3-86E4-0E7BB9BF65AF.jpeg
It is almost ready to fire. Just got the clips from advance auto as well as new smog pump. FOUND THEY KEYS!!!!! So maybe tomorrow it will come to life and tell me what issues remain. Guess I better get code reader. Got an OBII so need to get an OBI now LOL. Can’t explain how excited I am LOL.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can check codes with a paper clip if you don't want the obd1 reader. It requires counting the flashes of the check engine light to figure it out but it can be done.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
you can check codes with a paper clip if you don't want the obd1 reader. It requires counting the flashes of the check engine light to figure it out but it can be done.
I am a sponge sir. Please share your knowledge LOL. Never owned an OBI vehicle so here goes LOL. Or I can invest in a reader if it’s as simple as an OBII and gives me the codes directly so I can look up. Knowing how without would be an awesome thing.