Fuel milage?

bsn95w

Reaction score
im getting like 22 city, but horrible high way mileage, any thing over 60 just eats my gas.

but im in a 95 vert with at least 130k (clock broke at 89k) that the clutch slips just a bit, and needs a new throw out baering.

all in all cant complain... my last convertible (89 z24 3.1 swap) got at best 18 down hill with a tail wind. no joke.

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
bsn95w said:
all in all cant complain... my last convertible (89 z24 3.1 swap) got at best 18 down hill with a tail wind. no joke.

Aah. Another former Z24 owner, eh? I actually traded my '92 Z24 for the Mustang I currently own. Even got some extra cash out of the deal to boot!

Also, I went ahead and got a K&N filter anyway. Working at an auto parts store, it just kept sitting there on the shelf, taunting me. I can already tell a difference in the way the car runs, so we'll see what happens to my fuel mileage now.

bsn95w

Reaction score
P51CrazyHorse said:
bsn95w said:

Aah. Another former Z24 owner, eh? I actually traded my '92 Z24 for the Mustang I currently own. Even got some extra cash out of the deal to boot!

Also, I went ahead and got a K&N filter anyway. Working at an auto parts store, it just kept sitting there on the shelf, taunting me. I can already tell a difference in the way the car runs, so we'll see what happens to my fuel mileage now.

yeah... i hated my z... pretty clean car by the time i got rid of it, but it was a pile of junk.

youd be surprized how many people thought it was a fox body.

Picture2248.jpg

kintek

Reaction score
I get around 300 or 320 depending on how I drive the stick sixxer. I will be putting in a new tank soon or just cleaning this one out, so I may get more.

Thats funny P51CrazyHorse and Bsn95w i had a 93 coupe cavy just had the 2.2 in it and got around the same mileage as the stang. It started cutting up bad, so I sold it to a friend on its last leg for really cheap.

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
Well, after replacing a bad rear caliper bracket (slide pin was stuck) my mileage has gone up.

Basically at this point, I'm running only a K&N air filter in the stock airbox in terms of aftermarket accessories, so my car is *basically* all factory. Clean plugs, fresh oil change, and I'm pulling almost exactly 30mpg (mostly highway with a little city each day). I'm actually fairly excited about this, as it's what I was getting in my Cavi Z24... Not too shabby for having just hit 199,000 miles with about 98% of the car as it was from the factory.

Wayne

Reaction score
I checked my 94 coup 3.8 auto, back and forth to work "very short trip about 6 miles or so and about 4 stop signs and 1 light" I only got 16.4 mpg. Little if any overdrive involved there is only one road that is even a chance to make it to 45mph, which is the point at which these transmissions seem to shift up to overdrive. That kinda sucks I think my 95 GT with ther T-5 gets better then that though it has been a while since I checked it.

Wayne

Reaction score
LOL my gt got 16.74 on the same path and that wasn't even guarded driving I know I lit the tires up about three times this past week maybe I need some new o2 sensors or something on the v 6.

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
Well, I know I need some o2 sensors myself, and my MAF isn't 100% any more (if I drive it a bit, then shut it down, then start it back up when it's warm, it idles horribly and throws a code for "air metering device malfunction"...) and I'm still getting a fairly consistent 26.5mpg to-and-from work.

I almost feel bad about pulling the 3.8L out and stuffing my 5.0L H.O. in there.

*almost*

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
Also, to go back to the original post's question...

I'm pulling consistently about 26.8mpg with a combined city/highway. Strictly highway I get around 29.6mpg (call it 30), city I'm still getting in the 20 range.

I also don't "baby" my car. Most of the time the cruise is set, but occasionally some idiot irritates me on the old back roads and I feel the need to pass him *full throttle*. This happens at least three to four times per tank of gas.

I also like quick launches at stops in the middle of nowhere... Nobody around to notice I'm screaming off the line (as much as a 3.8 can scream, that is). It's not as fun as my IROC-Z was, but it's still fun.

Be even more fun next spring after my 5.0 is in there...

95MustangV6

Reaction score
Lets see after i got a full tune up.... I got about 30 mpg on strictly highway. I have a 95 V6 5spd Vert and it does pretty good on highway.
With the top down it gets about 3 mpg less.
around town constantly driving i get anywhere from 16-19 mpg but i also live in the appalachian mountains so theres alot of incline all the time.

Hope that helps.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
how do yall get such good gas milage? I get like 260 per tank? I get like 15 miles per gallon? what is that crap

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
I've been getting 20 around town lately, thats with 3.55 gears and an auto, last trip I went on I had 2.73s and I got 27 MPGs on the highway, I could probably get better gas mileage if I was running around on a flatter part of the country verses the mountains where I live.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Ive gotten 315 miles to a tank so however much that is on a tank. i assume its probably about 26 - 30 mpg

EF5.0

Reaction score
My old v6 auto would avg 21-22 City, Never drove it on the highway really. Being in highschool I never had to. That was slightly conservative driving, with the occasional high revving to just act stupid in the highschool parking lot.