Fuel milage?

bsn95w

Reaction score
im getting like 22 city, but horrible high way mileage, any thing over 60 just eats my gas.

but im in a 95 vert with at least 130k (clock broke at 89k) that the clutch slips just a bit, and needs a new throw out baering.

all in all cant complain... my last convertible (89 z24 3.1 swap) got at best 18 down hill with a tail wind. no joke.

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
bsn95w said:
all in all cant complain... my last convertible (89 z24 3.1 swap) got at best 18 down hill with a tail wind. no joke.

Aah. Another former Z24 owner, eh? I actually traded my '92 Z24 for the Mustang I currently own. Even got some extra cash out of the deal to boot!

Also, I went ahead and got a K&N filter anyway. Working at an auto parts store, it just kept sitting there on the shelf, taunting me. I can already tell a difference in the way the car runs, so we'll see what happens to my fuel mileage now.

bsn95w

Reaction score
P51CrazyHorse said:
bsn95w said:

Aah. Another former Z24 owner, eh? I actually traded my '92 Z24 for the Mustang I currently own. Even got some extra cash out of the deal to boot!

Also, I went ahead and got a K&N filter anyway. Working at an auto parts store, it just kept sitting there on the shelf, taunting me. I can already tell a difference in the way the car runs, so we'll see what happens to my fuel mileage now.

yeah... i hated my z... pretty clean car by the time i got rid of it, but it was a pile of junk.

youd be surprized how many people thought it was a fox body.

Picture2248.jpg

kintek

Reaction score
I get around 300 or 320 depending on how I drive the stick sixxer. I will be putting in a new tank soon or just cleaning this one out, so I may get more.

Thats funny P51CrazyHorse and Bsn95w i had a 93 coupe cavy just had the 2.2 in it and got around the same mileage as the stang. It started cutting up bad, so I sold it to a friend on its last leg for really cheap.

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
Well, after replacing a bad rear caliper bracket (slide pin was stuck) my mileage has gone up.

Basically at this point, I'm running only a K&N air filter in the stock airbox in terms of aftermarket accessories, so my car is *basically* all factory. Clean plugs, fresh oil change, and I'm pulling almost exactly 30mpg (mostly highway with a little city each day). I'm actually fairly excited about this, as it's what I was getting in my Cavi Z24... Not too shabby for having just hit 199,000 miles with about 98% of the car as it was from the factory.

Wayne

Reaction score
I checked my 94 coup 3.8 auto, back and forth to work "very short trip about 6 miles or so and about 4 stop signs and 1 light" I only got 16.4 mpg. Little if any overdrive involved there is only one road that is even a chance to make it to 45mph, which is the point at which these transmissions seem to shift up to overdrive. That kinda sucks I think my 95 GT with ther T-5 gets better then that though it has been a while since I checked it.

Wayne

Reaction score
LOL my gt got 16.74 on the same path and that wasn't even guarded driving I know I lit the tires up about three times this past week maybe I need some new o2 sensors or something on the v 6.

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
Well, I know I need some o2 sensors myself, and my MAF isn't 100% any more (if I drive it a bit, then shut it down, then start it back up when it's warm, it idles horribly and throws a code for "air metering device malfunction"...) and I'm still getting a fairly consistent 26.5mpg to-and-from work.

I almost feel bad about pulling the 3.8L out and stuffing my 5.0L H.O. in there.

*almost*

P51CrazyHorse

Reaction score
Also, to go back to the original post's question...

I'm pulling consistently about 26.8mpg with a combined city/highway. Strictly highway I get around 29.6mpg (call it 30), city I'm still getting in the 20 range.

I also don't "baby" my car. Most of the time the cruise is set, but occasionally some idiot irritates me on the old back roads and I feel the need to pass him *full throttle*. This happens at least three to four times per tank of gas.

I also like quick launches at stops in the middle of nowhere... Nobody around to notice I'm screaming off the line (as much as a 3.8 can scream, that is). It's not as fun as my IROC-Z was, but it's still fun.

Be even more fun next spring after my 5.0 is in there...

95MustangV6

Reaction score
Lets see after i got a full tune up.... I got about 30 mpg on strictly highway. I have a 95 V6 5spd Vert and it does pretty good on highway.
With the top down it gets about 3 mpg less.
around town constantly driving i get anywhere from 16-19 mpg but i also live in the appalachian mountains so theres alot of incline all the time.

Hope that helps.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
how do yall get such good gas milage? I get like 260 per tank? I get like 15 miles per gallon? what is that crap

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
I've been getting 20 around town lately, thats with 3.55 gears and an auto, last trip I went on I had 2.73s and I got 27 MPGs on the highway, I could probably get better gas mileage if I was running around on a flatter part of the country verses the mountains where I live.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Ive gotten 315 miles to a tank so however much that is on a tank. i assume its probably about 26 - 30 mpg

EF5.0

Reaction score
My old v6 auto would avg 21-22 City, Never drove it on the highway really. Being in highschool I never had to. That was slightly conservative driving, with the occasional high revving to just act stupid in the highschool parking lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online