Fuel Q

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Whitepony, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Whitepony

Whitepony New Member

Alright this is just my observation.
    When my tank has 1/4 tank of fuel performance seems a little hurt...when i fill up with a full take the car feels more responsive.

Im guessing this is because theres a drop in fuel pressuer at 1/4 tank???? In this case word a fuel pressure regulator be a worthy investment? because obviously i can tell the difference :dunno: :help2:

2. 94Vert

94Vert Active Member

your pressure should be the same at all times. (unless you run out of course). If you can notice a difference, i would first change the filter $10 and then possibly look at a new pump.

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

how is your pump, it sounds like a feed issue coming from the tank.

4. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

You should never go below a 1/4 it strains the pump to much and on a full tank it help weight transfer and its easy for the pump to get you all the gas you need. I always run with a full tank. If you want less weight get a fox.lol

5. Whitepony

Whitepony New Member

Something in the back does make a whinning noise, but i dunno if its the the compressor for the roof of the fuel pump it makes the sound also when the ignition is turned on for like 2 seconds.

as fore the fuel filter its been a while i will order the steeda one sounds good to me..... dangit i just orderd the steeda 180 thermostat now i have to pay shipping again :comando: :'( :nonono:

6. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

that is your fuel pump humming. and like quickstang said, teh extra weight in the rear from all the gas helps with weight transfer. just put in a built teskid block and a power adder, a tubular front suspension, and put the battery in the trunk and your problems are solved. :D

7. quickstang_1994

A fuel filter is like $15 from the ford dealer (use ford) and the thermostat is like $5 from napa dont pay to much for the same part.

8. Whitepony

Whitepony New Member

So ur saying the difference i am feeling when i fill up is mostly the weight transfere right.
    i never thought about that...so would a fuel pressure regualtor bennefit my performance at all or just a waste of $$? how would i know what pressure to set it to anyway?

9. quickstang_1994

waste of money because the computer will compinsate by lowering the pulse width.