Fuel Q

Whitepony

Reaction score
Alright this is just my observation.
When my tank has 1/4 tank of fuel performance seems a little hurt...when i fill up with a full take the car feels more responsive.

Im guessing this is because theres a drop in fuel pressuer at 1/4 tank???? In this case word a fuel pressure regulator be a worthy investment? because obviously i can tell the difference :dunno: :help2:

94Vert

Reaction score
your pressure should be the same at all times. (unless you run out of course). If you can notice a difference, i would first change the filter $10 and then possibly look at a new pump.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
You should never go below a 1/4 it strains the pump to much and on a full tank it help weight transfer and its easy for the pump to get you all the gas you need. I always run with a full tank. If you want less weight get a fox.lol

OP
OP
W

Whitepony

Reaction score
Something in the back does make a whinning noise, but i dunno if its the the compressor for the roof of the fuel pump it makes the sound also when the ignition is turned on for like 2 seconds.

as fore the fuel filter its been a while i will order the steeda one sounds good to me..... dangit i just orderd the steeda 180 thermostat now i have to pay shipping again :comando: :'( :nonono:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
that is your fuel pump humming. and like quickstang said, teh extra weight in the rear from all the gas helps with weight transfer. just put in a built teskid block and a power adder, a tubular front suspension, and put the battery in the trunk and your problems are solved. :D

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Whitepony said:
Something in the back does make a whinning noise, but i dunno if its the the compressor for the roof of the fuel pump it makes the sound also when the ignition is turned on for like 2 seconds.

as fore the fuel filter its been a while i will order the steeda one sounds good to me..... dangit i just orderd the steeda 180 thermostat now i have to pay shipping again :comando: :'( :nonono:
A fuel filter is like $15 from the ford dealer (use ford) and the thermostat is like $5 from napa dont pay to much for the same part.

OP
OP
W

Whitepony

Reaction score
So ur saying the difference i am feeling when i fill up is mostly the weight transfere right.
i never thought about that...so would a fuel pressure regualtor bennefit my performance at all or just a waste of $$? how would i know what pressure to set it to anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online