Gear Ratio

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
A limited slip differential is way better for handling and taking off. The one wheel makes for a lot less traction. If you get gears for the 7.5 I would get a limited slip differential put in place. I believe some rangers came with them.
So what should I get first?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Both. If you're going to open up the diff you should do gears and limited slip at the same time.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Probably would be cheaper to pick up an 8.8 rear end and have it built. 7.5 parts are pricy and it would cost more to buy a whole new diff as opposed to rebuilding the factory traclock in an 8.8 and add the gears while in there.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Probably would be cheaper to pick up an 8.8 rear end and have it built. 7.5 parts are pricy and it would cost more to buy a whole new diff as opposed to rebuilding the factory traclock in an 8.8 and add the gears while in there.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

That's sort of how I feel. I got a full 8.8 for $75, granted the axle tube is bent but I'll figure that out ;p

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Would it not be smart to get the gears now and get the limited slip at a later date?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ideally, you do the gears and never go in the rear end again besides fluid changes lol

lutter94

Reaction score
Its bad to do them separately, because you're gonna pay someone labor to do something twice, tear apart your rear end. Cheaper in long run to do it all at once. But like they've said, just find a 8.8" on craigslist, and have a shop swap everything over, might cost more to do more, but you'll only do it once. Then it will be done For-Ev-Er (insert sandlot reference here).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online