Getting harrassed by coppers... (front plate ideas)

TheBab

Reaction score
So the front plate is going on..

[Story]

As I am pulling out of my street there is a cop on the other side at the stop sign looking at me. He waves me on to go first... at this point I knew I was fucked..... he gets behind me and follows me.... I get on the highway he does the same... he follows behind me for about 10 minutes.... then gets in the lane next to me.. Speeds up to where hes about a car or so ahead in the left lane. Then he slams on his brakes and gets back behind me.. I knew for a fact I was toast.

On come the lights.. I pull over, turn the hazzards on, turn the car off and have my registration/military id/drivers license/insurance ready. He came up and was all friendly asking about the car and if its fast...blahblah.... told me he pulled me over because my front plate is missing... then out of no where he turned into bad cop. "SO, do you know anything about those black marks a few blocks away from your house?" (the long straight away that I take pics on.. and LOTS of people go out there) I told him No sir and he said they "match your tires perfectly and if I have to I'll get a print of your tires I have the stuff to do it"... I replied and told him Sir, look at my tires they are brand new.... and you can make a print of them if you want.

So he goes to his truck gets some shiz to make a print of my tires and he says if they match that I will get a wreckless driving ticket and damage to park land property fine or something of that nature.

I wasn't too worried about it because I have never done a mean burn out there......

But now all the local cops are going to be on my arse bout the front plate. Even though on my way to base I saw 12 cars/trucks without one. :rollinglaugh:

I will NOT drill holes into my bumper. I ordered one of those "JDM" plate holders that puts it offset and relocates it.. so I dont have to drill into the bumper...hopefully it won't look too ghay :(

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
i believe its MIA

the cop said his front plate is missing ??? ??? so do they require them on the front AND the back in the state that he lives in ?????

this is strange :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
Snakebit said:
phil_the_thrill said:
i think you MUST have one on the front whether you have one on the back or not

that sucks :mad: :mad: :mad:

true

I mean whats the point, if a officer is going to make a traffic stop he needs the tag in the BACK so it can be called in. If its in the front, he would have to walk around to the front of the car to get the tag and call it in ??? sounds like typical government at work :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
Requires a front and rear.. and placing it in the windshield doesn't work.

The license plate was just an excuse to stop me... he followed me for around 10 minutes or so waiting for me to fawk up.. and got nothing.

I was going 5 under.. and stopped at all stop signs for a while before going. :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Anyone know if Mississippi requires a front plate?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i know i think its dumb as hell too. that might not be the law where he lives but i know it is around here. my boss gets pulled over all the time because he doesnt want to drill into his bumper either so he just keeps the licesne plate in the front seat and tells the po-leese that the frame is on backorder and it has worked so far

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TheBab said:
Requires a front and rear.. and placing it in the windshield doesn't work.

The license plate was just an excuse to stop me... he followed me for around 10 minutes or so waiting for me to fawk up.. and got nothing.

I was going 5 under.. and stopped at all stop signs for a while before going. :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Anyone know if Mississippi requires a front plate?

What a crock of BS, what state do you live in ??? That is a screwed up requirement by the DOT, just gives the :police: something else to get people on.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i hate when they follow you and wait for you to f up. i was comin home from a buddies house one night and i pull out onto the road and drive for about 1000 feet when a car comes flying out of a subdivision. he follows close behind with what had to be his brights on. about 3 miles down the road he pulls me over and says he heard me pull out and it "sounded" like i was speeding. what a bunch of bullshit

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
i hate when they follow you and wait for you to f up. i was comin home from a buddies house one night and i pull out onto the road and drive for about 1000 feet when a car comes flying out of a subdivision. he follows close behind with what had to be his brights on. about 3 miles down the road he pulls me over and says he heard me pull out and it "sounded" like i was speeding. what a bunch of bullshit

there is good cops and bad cops.......its just too bad we always seem to get the :aresehole: :police:'s following us

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
thats different, you can do what you want when you're 17 and not worry about it going on your record

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online