Getting tired of my Flowmasters, thinking back to Turbos

badass98svt

Reaction score
I used to run FM back in the day. I have since swapped my exhaust out completely, from the turbo back.
The mufflers are now Dynomax Ultraflo. I absolutely love these. A little bark and start up, a subdued idle, and then they really bark and scream in the upper RPMs
They were recommended to me by a couple of other turbo Mustang guys.
I highly recommend them, do some research and see what you think.

Here's a clip of someone's (stock?) 4V with an Offroad H and Ultraflo mufflers. I just wish the video let you hear them when the car is cruising. Sounds incredible.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
you got a few feet of pipe after the muffler. that changes the sound.

^^ This is why my car only sounds like is has a Coyote at high rpm’s. In my opinion, axleback cars don’t sound as good as cars with longer tailpipes such as ours.

I used to run FM back in the day. I have since swapped my exhaust out completely, from the turbo back.
The mufflers are now Dynomax Ultraflo. I absolutely love these. A little bark and start up, a subdued idle, and then they really bark and scream in the upper RPMs
They were recommended to me by a couple of other turbo Mustang guys.
I highly recommend them, do some research and see what you think.

Here's a clip of someone's (stock?) 4V with an Offroad H and Ultraflo mufflers. I just wish the video let you hear them when the car is cruising. Sounds incredible.

Also, +1 for Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The short block is a mod max . I would have to dig through the specs
The top end stalk heads 97 cobra
And kenny bell 2.1
Have not changed the pulley yet
44 flows
No cats
Intake runner deleted
24 lbs injectors boost pump on the fuel
Not that much but its a hell of a ride

Snorky

Reaction score

Bassani off road X, bassani cat back, 2v, comp 262ah cams, procharger p1sc vented to atmosphere through a procharger open bullet valve.

Old.. but kind of pertinent seeing as the bassani muffler is a chamber, dual straight thru's to another chamber. A hybrid muffler if you will. Has some drone. Not as bad as flowmasters though.

Last edited:

Snorky

Reaction score
Bassani headers, bassani off road X, borla stinger catback. Straight thru. Very little if any drone.

Makoto

Reaction score
^^ This is why my car only sounds like is has a Coyote at high rpm’s. In my opinion, axleback cars don’t sound as good as cars with longer tailpipes such as ours.

now that you mention it thats what it sounded like. very metallic sounding.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how the air travels through it is all about how it makes the sound. When I first got my side exhaust with the X I will have to say it was raspy. Not horrible but there was enough of it there that I didn't really like it. 2 yrs later I put the trickflow heads on it and a cam on it and I am not sure if it was the new cam, or the added air moving but the raspyness went away after that.

Makoto

Reaction score
yep. there's a reason companies spend a lot of time tuning exhaust for sound. to expect that we'd nail it by guessing and throwing a muffler on a car is kinda silly.
if i can't get the resonance under control i might end up putting the exhaust out the back if that ends up being the issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online