Good Buy or Rip-Off Thread

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The big problem we are going to have with this thread is everyone will be basing their opinions on where they live. I know cars in the South are much cheaper than in Cali and the Northeast so I kind of try to adjust in my mind for COL etc.

I will probably buy my next Mustang down South for this reason. A few I have seen online were several thousand less than similar cars up North.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
The big problem we are going to have with this thread is everyone will be basing their opinions on where they live. I know cars in the South are much cheaper than in Cali and the Northeast so I kind of try to adjust in my mind for COL etc.

I will probably buy my next Mustang down South for this reason. A few I have seen online were several thousand less than similar cars up North.

Very true. For this reason i put the location of the seller (texas). Northern cars are absolutely priced higher then southern cars. I hate snow and salt why do we stay up here again? :p

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Rip-Off (I sound like a broken record :( ).Haha dont worry i said rip off on all three also. But id have to say that this one is close. If buyer dropped price for paint costs it would be a home run (assuming everything else checks out)

$12K is 2003 Cobra money. This car is NOT a 2003 Cobra. It's a 98 Cobra with some 03 Cobra bits swapped in. True. (A 98 Cobra should run about $4 to $5K Up north a 50k mileage cobra can hit 8-10k. Down south yup!!(and the mileage prob is not 50k lol) That's not to say this car isn't decent - it may be. The issue with swaps really comes down to the person that did the work - do you trust his/her ability? How long has the swap been in there? Just finished? Several years ago so we know all the gremlins have been worked out? So true, not sure why he want out has to be things to do still. No mileage is listed with the car, either. It's probably a fun car to drive, but also probably has it's little issues. EXACTLY. I would say around ~$7K might be a fair price for this car, assuming it was in good condition. 7k would be fair. Depending on the mileage of body and motor. some low mileage 03-04 blocks plus the t56 go for 5-6k alone on places like eBay. The plastidip kind of sucks, as you can't see the quality of paint underneath it. I know the lister said faded - but like what? Just faded? Clear coat coming? Gone? Scratches, orange peel? Peeling off the plastidip could be a nasty surprise...or not a big deal. LOL :thumbsup:im assuming its toasted and needs full paint. Wrap was his cheaper option and now he regrets it? But who knows. That will affect people's willingness to spend that kind of money on this car Exactly, if only he didnt try to take the shortcuts on the paint :undecided:

^^

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
MSG TO ALL: No time to post this morning. Anyone up for finding a car of the day for today? Will try to find one by lunch-time(east coast) if no one has done so already.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very true. For this reason i put the location of the seller (texas). Northern cars are absolutely priced higher then southern cars. I hate snow and salt why do we stay up here again? :p

I think its the money????

I will eventually transfer to Florida when the right position opens until then snow it is.

On a good note my Mustang has never seen snow or salt covered roads in the 19 years I have owned it.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I think its the money????

Yeah, that about sums it up lol. It would be a b**** to move out of state at this point...maybe one day.

I will eventually transfer to Florida when the right position opens until then snow it is.

Great choice. Have a few friends and family down that way. Cant go wrong.
:thumbsup:

On a good note my Mustang has never seen snow or salt covered roads in the 19 years I have owned it.

Thats really good, most of the sn95s in nj are beat to crap and rusted out. Thankfully my daily driver 2006 takes the weather punches for the mustangs year round. Both my 97 and 98 are stored during winter. I think i could say the same for the previous owners of both cars,
The 98 seems to have been garaged its entire life (great paint) while the 97 may have sat in the snow a few winters. The 97 is experiencing clear coat failure on the hood roof and trunk. (0 clear is left in those areas it looks matte but better then "spots" lol) i have inspected both cars and thankfully neither shows signs of rust. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Okay folks, weekends here. So heres a treat for you. THREE cars.

1)

Good Buy or Rip-off?

"Custom 97 Pro-touring Mustang GT Vert on air-ride"

Miles: 94,500

Price: Seller never lists asking price but from the trades hes asking for lets just call the price a minimum of 10k going up.

00y0y_4bTpMi9ehDe_600x450.jpg

Ad:

97 full custom mustang gt pro touring full air ride everything new or custom 94k miles show winning car at a couple big name shows such as good guys nationals Cavelcade world of wheels full ride tech suspension stagger wheels 3k in just wheels full body kit hood leather interior new top list goes on an on looking to trade maybe sell

Looking to trade for somethin just as nice 70s musical cars ss nova chavelle nice truck somethin custom lifted diesel ss maybe a nice car somethin fast luxury cars somethin built boosted turbo super charged lifted Chevy trucks bagged lowrider boats Baja speed boat go fast motor cycle custom chopper pro street bike gsxr zx10 sport bikes ect open to offers no junk no high milage no projects or salvage titles trade offers must be as nice as mine as well as around the same value

Looking to trade for a new toy just had baby no time to ride lookin for a nicer mustang or Camaro but open to a lot anything custom fast lowrider low rider bagged lifted lowered built motor cycle j.e.e.ps street bike gsxr cbr zx10 open to all offers please no junk or projects please also partial trades guns cash dirt bikes ect

Also if trade is nice enough I can toss in somethin I have couple guns bang maybe some boot ect

00u0u_dsetknArt1Y_600x450.jpg

He doesn't seem to be looking for junk muscle cars. What do you feel this is worth? Please post your opinion before reading others comments. Thanks.

2)

Good Buy or Rip-off?

1988 Fox-body Limited Edition #800 w/ Factory McLaren Suspension

Miles: 91,800

Price: $6,500 US, $7,972 5723 Euros

00f0f_6NFx3h2KSBW_600x450.jpg

00909_fNZQtXCMHM5_600x450.jpg

Ad:

FOR SALE - LIMITED EDITION- 1988 McLaren Mustang
A Rare Find, All Original, Two-Seater, Roadster Limited Edition # 800 with McLaren modified suspension for outstanding road handling and appearance.

Fuel-Injected, HO, 5.0 Liter V-8 with Automatic 4-Speed Overdrive. Mileage: 91K
Meets All Criteria for NADA High Value ($10,950)
Offered Below NADA Average Value ($7,875) for Quick Sale
See ascmclarendotcom for further history regarding the McLaren Mustang
I've owned this exciting roadster for thirteen years, as did the previous owner. It's well maintained. All original in excellent condition, owned in California by mature drivers. Currently located in N. Tahoe. Never raced, and always garaged.

3)

Good Buy or Rip-off?

1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Kit Car

Mileage: 11,500

Price: US $160,000, Canadian $
140,910 Euro

00303_6iiizdB05Kv_600x450.jpg

00V0V_km96Aj0FFFa_600x450.jpg

00r0r_jIi0b1MJA4L_600x450.jpg

00606_gbBSSTmTwFW_600x450.jpg

01313_laXrQRQP0V6_600x450.jpg

01111_9bRN4GGQ8q4_600x450.jpg

Ad:

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe manufactured by Superformance for Shelby Inc - This is number 65 of 150 hand made.

It comes with the much sought after California SB100 registration designation which equates to NO SMOG REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR.

Titled / Licensed:
Registered in the state of California under the much sought after and DMV time consuming SB100 as a 1965 SPC Daytona Coupe. Which equates to no emission testing for life of the car. For over seas buyers do to its CAL Title designated year of manufacturer of 1965 it avoids costly import fees do to its Classic car status.

Power train:
Roush 427R engine # 069 [550 horses/ 535 ft/lbs torque], 770 Holley carburetor. Dart 4-bolt main block, forged crank, forged rods, Roush aluminum heads with stainless steel valves, Holley 770 carburetor, polished engine package. Very street-able and runs extremely strong on 91 octane pump gas. Tremec TKO 600 five-speed transmission connected to a BTR/Dana HydraTrac LSD limited-slip differential with a fully IRS.

Braking system & steering:
Four wheel vented-disc brakes with power-assisted PBR calipers; power-assisted rack & pinion steering.

Engine cooling:
Aluminum radiator water and oil cooling with auto or manual over ride triple radiator and engine compartment exit fans.

Exterior:
Show quality PPG paint then clear coated then front end was 3M filmed for stone guard protection, 18" cast alloy pin-drive knockoff wheels with safety wired spinners. Ceramic-coated headers & side pipes. Color is Royal Blue with Wimbledon White twin stripes and a rear half cove with the car number on the rear.

Chassis:
Round-tube mild steel space frame with fully independent suspension & coil-over Bilstein shocks.

Cockpit:
Moto-Lita leather wrapped steering wheel, period correct Stewart Warner gauges, short-throw shifter, German leather bucket seat with inflatable lumbar supports, Alcantara headliner, doors and dash upholstery, TFE Air Conditioning system, glove box autographed by Peter Brock. Pioneer stereo system. Comes with two sets of key and two Anti-theft immobilizer (door openers) fobs.

Current mileage: 11,447 and rising.

This Coupe is stock as it came from the factory except for: Replaced Lexan rear hatch with optically correct GLASS, added Pioneer high end stereo system and a Short throw shifter. Car is like-new, very rare, garaged and loved in Bay Area of Northern California [Silicon Valley]

This is my car, I am an enthusiast, not a collector or a dealer. It needs nothing and has been overly maintained by its current German owner.

Price:
It is priced fairly at $159,900 / OBO

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1) Is that Tony's old car???? o_O If that is, Tony my man, you *really* need to work on that grammar for the add, reading it almost gave me a nosebleed. ;) Whether it is or isn't, I hate to say it, but no way should that car go for over $10K. I know a lot was put in to it, I know a lot of money was too, and it was done well (if it was Tony's old car), but the fact is it's a custom SN95 Mustang. Better hope someone sees it and just falls in love with and must have it. Otherwise, people will post that on a forum somewhere saying something like "lol someone wants $10K+ for a 15+ year old Mustang!" Which may be a shame, but is also reality :( Having said that, I don't know what Tony ended up selling his car for, and whether or not he felt it was a good price.

2) That is probably a "fair" price - maybe a little on the high side. The real issue the car has is "who cares." Who cares about the McLaren suspension? It is really any good? It's basically a normal 1988 Mustang GT vert with a McLaren suspension on it. So maybe there's a McLaren nut out there with money to burn that will absolutely just have to have this in his McLaren collection. Most people (i.e. the rest of the world) will not care, and just see it as an overpriced Mustang.

3) Waaaaay Rip-OFF. I think that's a SuperPerformance Coupe. Those cars (the Factory Five version, NOT the SuperPerformance) are very, very near and dear to my heart. One day I will build one of those (using a Facotry Five kit and my current Mustang). Right now, it's a dream. The SuperPerformance kits are way overpriced because they got the real Pete Brock to work with them on the body style (he helped design the original), and Shelby I think officially supported these kits. Thus the price. Personally, I think the Factory Five kit looks WAY better. And the kit can be had for like $20K. Don't want to build it yourself? You can pay someone to build your FF kit, to be better in every way than the SuperPerformance kit, for like $80K. And that's a high estimate. The SuperPerformance kits are no way worth that money, not even close, and they don't even look that good. Look at those kits compared to FF kits, FF kits look tons better. Anyone that buys that kit is just a Pete Brock/Carroll Shelby fanboy and has more money than sense. I mean $160K is Lamborghini money. Ridiculous. You can have at least 2 FF kits for the price of one of those, and a lot more if you build them yourself.

Edit: it is a SuperPerformance car - I didn't even read the words before posting because I knew what it was the second I saw it. And that owner is probably trying to sell it because he realized he got sold up the river on something he could have for a lot less.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] old car but not his ad. The owner has been trying to flip it since he bought it.

One of my friends had a Mclaren back in the late 80's and while it was nice, it really was just a 2 seater GT Vert.

I think the suspension was from Saleen. They were a good $10k over the cost of a GT back then too.

There was a nice one for sale here in NJ last summer for @$5k that I would have bought but the fox prices are starting to climb here so $6500 isn't bad considering I have seen fox GT verts going for $7-8k the last few months. I bet that one could be had for $5k and if it was a 5 speed I may be calling....2 seater!

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
1) Is that Tony's old car???? o_O If that is, Tony my man, you *really* need to work on that grammar for the add, reading it almost gave me a nosebleed. ;) Whether it is or isn't, I hate to say it, but no way should that car go for over $10K. I know a lot was put in to it, I know a lot of money was too, and it was done well (if it was Tony's old car), but the fact is it's a custom SN95 Mustang. Better hope someone sees it and just falls in love with and must have it. Otherwise, people will post that on a forum somewhere saying something like "lol someone wants $10K+ for a 15+ year old Mustang!" Which may be a shame, but is also reality :( Having said that, I don't know what Tony ended up selling his car for, and whether or not he felt it was a good price.

2) That is probably a "fair" price - maybe a little on the high side. The real issue the car has is "who cares." Who cares about the McLaren suspension? It is really any good? It's basically a normal 1988 Mustang GT vert with a McLaren suspension on it. So maybe there's a McLaren nut out there with money to burn that will absolutely just have to have this in his McLaren collection. Most people (i.e. the rest of the world) will not care, and just see it as an overpriced Mustang.

3) Waaaaay Rip-OFF. I think that's a SuperPerformance Coupe. Those cars (the Factory Five version, NOT the SuperPerformance) are very, very near and dear to my heart. One day I will build one of those (using a Facotry Five kit and my current Mustang). Right now, it's a dream. The SuperPerformance kits are way overpriced because they got the real Pete Brock to work with them on the body style (he helped design the original), and Shelby I think officially supported these kits. Thus the price. Personally, I think the Factory Five kit looks WAY better. And the kit can be had for like $20K. Don't want to build it yourself? You can pay someone to build your FF kit, to be better in every way than the SuperPerformance kit, for like $80K. And that's a high estimate. The SuperPerformance kits are no way worth that money, not even close, and they don't even look that good. Look at those kits compared to FF kits, FF kits look tons better. Anyone that buys that kit is just a Pete Brock/Carroll Shelby fanboy and has more money than sense. I mean $160K is Lamborghini money. Ridiculous. You can have at least 2 FF kits for the price of one of those, and a lot more if you build them yourself.

Edit: it is a SuperPerformance car - I didn't even read the words before posting because I knew what it was the second I saw it. And that owner is probably trying to sell it because he realized he got sold up the river on something he could have for a lot less.

1) LOL SERIOUSLY!? IS IT Tony?! I stumbled upon this car by chance. But i just realized the ad IS near by.

2) Wonder how it rides? If it holds true to the brand name and handles great even in this day and age then yeah maybe id offer 5 MAYBE 6,000 and give it some sort of power adder. But then again...when that suspension gives out where do you go from there? What now? New McLaren suspension? OEM? Must be a pain to find OEM suspension parts for that car. Your absolutely right some rich McLaren nut has to buy it for things to be right and even then it will probably rarely be used let alone the way we all would use it.

3) LOL! YES! could not have said it any better myself. I love this car as well. But this guy is nuts. 160k?! Just like you said these cars can be made for a fraction of the cost but still have all of that car and more if you desire. 160k is over the moon.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1)
2) Wonder how it rides? If it holds true to the brand name and handles great even in this day and age then yeah maybe id offer 5 MAYBE 6,000 and give it some sort of power adder. But then again...when that suspension gives out where do you go from there? What now? New McLaren suspension? OEM? Must be a pain to find OEM suspension parts for that car. Your absolutely right some rich McLaren nut has to buy it for things to be right and even then it will probably rarely be used let alone the way we all would use it.

The answer is it probably handles no better than any other 88 Fox body with a good set of struts/shocks. Put some Bilsteins on it and I bet you wouldn't know the difference. Unless McLaren specifically modified all the geometry and suspension pickup points to be different/better, it's just a Fox body with a nice struts/shocks/springs. Meh. Now, if McLaren *did* modify the geometry, made it better, then it might be worth the money (but then, good luck finding replacement parts).

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3) LOL! YES! could not have said it any better myself. I love this car as well. But this guy is nuts. 160k?! Just like you said these cars can be made for a fraction of the cost but still have all of that car and more if you desire. 160k is over the moon.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to be a d1ck or anything about those SuperPerformance cars (sorry to any SuperPerformance fans out there), I was trying to emphasize on how insane that price tag of $160K is.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
That is Tony old car but not his ad. The owner has been trying to flip it since he bought it.

:shocked: i knew the build was in the style of @tony but had no idea it was his car! LOL :p

One of my friends had a Mclaren back in the late 80's and while it was nice, it really was just a 2 seater GT Vert.

I think the suspension was from Saleen. They were a good $10k over the cost of a GT back then too.

There was a nice one for sale here in NJ last summer for @$5k that I would have bought but the fox prices are starting to climb here so $6500 isn't bad considering I have seen fox GT verts going for $7-8k the last few months. I bet that one could be had for $5k and if it was a 5 speed I may be calling....2 seater!

HaHa, thats good to know. If its only suspension stuff then it really isnt all that special. But if it has different geometry as mcglsr2 said that would be different. I have noticed foxs on the rise as well. In 2013 they were going for only 5-6K with all new paint and a good list of mods.

The answer is it probably handles no better than any other 88 Fox body with a good set of struts/shocks. Put some Bilsteins on it and I bet you wouldn't know the difference. Unless McLaren specifically modified all the geometry and suspension pickup points to be different/better, it's just a Fox body with a nice struts/shocks/springs. Meh. Now, if McLaren *did* modify the geometry, made it better, then it might be worth the money (but then, good luck finding replacement parts).

LOL wasnt 100% sure but you make a very good point. Now i wonder...research time

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score

"With the change to the Mustang body for 1987, sales inched up slightly to 479 cars. 1988 saw the ASC/McLaren's sales more than double, selling over 1000 cars for the first time. Leather seats, wheel and shift knob, ASC only center console, premium sound system, 1" lowering sport springs, and 15x7 McLaren wheels with Gatorbacks were now all standard.With the optional ground effects package, the ASC/McLaren's sleek design was a marked contrast from the "boy racer" looks of the Mustang GT. Total 1988 production was 1015 cars, the peak of ASC/McLaren Mustang sales"

"The story may have been different if McLaren had put more than just the name on the car and had a hand in reengineering the engine and drivetrain. Final total for all seven years of production was 2678. This low production amount is the main reason that the ASC/McLaren is nearly unknown, being over shadowed by the rubber burning Saleens."

http://www.ascmclaren.org/WhatIsAnAscMcLaren.html

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea that was my old car and unless he has fuuk'd it up its worth 8-9k i'd say. never would i post such a douchebag ad [MENTION=15705]mcglsr2[/MENTION] lol. he left out things and bullshitted about others.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
We have two today?.. nope another three. Decided to venture out of the norm today...

Good Buy or Rip-Off?

1) "Toyota Supra 2JZ MK4 BIG turbo 1000hp 6spd VOLK TE37 V160 "

Asking Price: $34,000 US,
$41,702 Canadian, 29,941 Euros,

Mileage: 72,xxx

00f0f_h9E6wvt0IkA_600x450.jpg

Ad will be placed in-between pics.

UPDATE:::: FOR 34K I WILL KEEP THE WHEELS, BRING YOUR OWN WHEELS AND TIRES, I WILL KEEP BOTH FRONT SEATS, STOCKS WILL GO BACK IN. I WILL KEEP ALL THE CROME PIECE ON ENGINE EVEN VALVE COVERS AND PUT STOCK STUFF BACK ON. I WILL KEEP THE A-PILLER, WIDEBAND AND THE BOOST GAUGE AS WELL, ALSO THE STEREO HEAD UNIT AND LAST, THE TRD SPOILER. FACTORY SPOILER WILL COME WITH IT BUT BLACK AND WONT BE INSTALLED.
"""OTHERWISE 40K AS IS WITH EVERYTHING"""

00E0E_7p2yTYuNYGR_600x450.jpg

Im selling my 95 Toyota Supra turbo. It makes roughly 900whp at only 28psi of boost and plenty of boost and fuel left to go (50psi and only at 72% dudy), Do the math that's over 1000hp engine rated. The turbo setup and fuel system can do 1200whp+ But I choose not to as 900 is plenty and it doesn't hurt the engine. The car is tuned on E85.

00x0x_6I0iyehjvN7_600x450.jpg

This car was build by me. I bought it with a bad engine from a buddy and redid the whole thing top to bottom. The engine/turbo is a completely new and so is the head. Someone didn't know how to build a engine I guess as it didn't last long at all.

Car starts up first try and runs great. A little too fast for the average person so if you want I will turn the power level down just to be safer until your ready for more.

Quick list of major parts as I can go ON AND ON if I listed EVERYTHING. . ...

GT4202 Garrett turbo, NOT EBAY JUNK
272 CAMS
PORTED HEAD
ALL NEW TOYOTA GASKETS AND HG
FULLY MACHINED TOP END
COMPLETE NEW BLOCK
DECK AND HONED BLOCK
BALANCED AND BLUE PRINTED BLOCK ASSEMBLE
NEW CRANKSHAFT
EAGLE RODS
FULL VALVETRANS UPGRADED (DUAL SPRINGS ETC, BUILD TO REV 9K RPM IF DESIRED)
CUSTOM CP PISTONS
LINE HONE BLOCK
ARP MAIN STUDS
ARP HEAD STUDS
PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD
TITAN MOTORSPORTS INTAKE
TITAN FUEL RAIL
ID2000 INJECTOR
DUAL FUEL PUMPS AND LINES
AEROMOTIVE FPR AND FITTINGS
HKS T4 TURBO MANIFOLD
AEM STAND ALONE EMS V2
5BAR MAP SENSOR
AEM TEMP SENSOR
HKS EXTERNAL WASTEGATE
4" EXHAUST SYSTEM ALL THE WAY BACK
V160 6SPD TRANSMISSION AND ROYAL PURPLE FLUIDS
TRD LSD REAR END DIFFERENTIAL
TE37 RAYS VOLK WHEELS
MICKEY THOPSON DRAG TIRES
BRIDE CARBON BACK RACING SEATS
900FT TQ SINGLE DISC RATED CLUTCH KIT AND LIGHTEN FLYWHEEL
AFTERMARKET RADIATOR 3 ROLL
GREDDY INTERCOOLER
GREDDY OIL COOLER AND OIL FILTER RELOCATION KIT
AEM BOOST GAUGE
AEM WIDEBAND
WINGS WEST FRONT LOWER LIP
TRD REAR SPOILER
HKS DRAG COILOVERS SUSPENTION
HKS INTERCOOLER PIPES
HKS DLI IGNITION BOX
ALL POLISH ENGINE BAY PARTS (INTAKE MAINFOLD VALVE COVERS ETC)
NEWER STYLE TAIL LIGHTS
NEWER STYLE HEAD LIGHTS
DYNOTUNED ETC ETC ETC

00q0q_50CndvM3Nqe_600x450.jpg

TOO MUCH TO LIST, THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT THE CAR HAS AND MORE, WAYYYY MORE.
""NOT A CHEAP CAR TO BUILD THAT'S FOR SURE""

I just retuned the car made 900hp to the wheels turn key low 9sec car if you can drive it correctly lol.

The Reason for selling is I have 4 of these, no need to keep it. Plus I am packed and need room for other new toys coming (GTR34 S15 etc) J

I TRUST THIS CAR TO DRIVE ANYWHERE.

00n0n_fJhPhC7gEhb_600x450.jpg

Asking $40,000. stock 6spd Supras sell for 30+k you cannot build this car for less than 30k. pretty much your buying the car and extra 10k for all the modified aftermarket parts. car has 74k on body no more than a few hundred miles on new engine/turbo setup. call/text serious inquires only no joy rides. OH, has heat and a/c and PS.

I DON'T NEED HELP SELLING

00F0F_4aSJflZvZA3_600x450.jpg

00m0m_9Mv6TdQmV3q_600x450.jpg

2)

Good buy or Rip-Off?

Jeep TJ (1997) "Rock Crawler"

Asking price: $15,000 OBO US, $18,398 Canadian 13,209 Euros

01010_eLhV0FQaEr0_600x450.jpg

00c0c_iS12odjbb8i_600x450.jpg

Drivetrain:
LQ4 6.0 8Cyl
4L60E Transmission
231 Transfer case with upgraded input shaft and SYE Kit

Front Axle:
Ford high Pinion Dana 44
4.88 Gears
Lockright locker
Locking hubs
Hydro assist steering
7075 aluminum tie rod and steering links
Three link front suspension
Rancho RS 9000 shocks
Ruff stuff diff cover
Reid Knuckles

Rear Axle:
Ford 9? Shaved and Trussed housing
35 spline Currie chromo Axle shafts
Strange big bearing third member with spool
4.88 Gears
4 link rear suspension
Disk brakes

Tires and Wheels:
40? Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar
Black Aluminum Wheels

Body:
Custom windshield cage
Front stinger bumper with Warn 10k winch
Rear comp corners with side bars
FourX Doctors rock sliders with step
Rear GenRight Swing down tire carrier
Custom Gauge cluster
Art Carr Shifter
RCI Fuel cell with Artec fuel cell mount
Optima Battery
Aluminum Radiator with electric fan
Heavy duty Trans cooler with fan
Mastercraft Seats
Full soft top with half doors

Asking 15k OBO

May take partial trade for a Low mileage LS engine or 6L80E Transmission.

• 00V0V_efvMD98pF5Z_600x450.jpg

00R0R_668TnOTdYNw_600x450.jpg

3) Good Buy or Rip-Off?

68 Mustang Coupe

Price: $9,000 US, $11,038 Canadian 7,925 Euros
  • 00N0N_apj9s4IcXlm_600x450.jpg

00a0a_bVPeHS8wj1M_600x450.jpg

302 4 bbl , automatic,runs strong -serious calls only -not interested in trades so don't waste your time .
    • 00I0I_54tuTBDhErH_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_eDpXb1jCm0I_600x450.jpg

01717_25sMWiEdgrP_600x450.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That Supra would bring $35k in NY/NJ area I think but I am not sure about the Tulsa area and the demand for imports like that.

Guy sounds like a douche though.... bring your owns wheels, bring your toilet paper.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why do I not see a price for the mustang coupe!?!

Jeep I could see going for that around here. They go for crazy mad money especially when built like that.

Supra would sell for $35k here but only with all of the parts on it.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Why do I not see a price for the mustang coupe!?!

Jeep I could see going for that around here. They go for crazy mad money especially when built like that.

Supra would sell for $35k here but only with all of the parts on it.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

• "3) Good Buy or Rip-Off?

68 Mustang Coupe

Price: $9,000 US, $11,038 Canadian 7,925 Euros
Yeah, jeep seems like a good deal. Tires alone go for like 2k... axles easily 8-10k. That winch is 1k then top-it-off with that 6.0 v8 and i think we have our selfs a winner. Good deal if the build is new.
That Supra would bring $35k in NY/NJ area I think but I am not sure about the Tulsa area and the demand for imports like that.

Guy sounds like a douche though.... bring your owns wheels, bring your toilet paper.

LOL DropTopPony. That guy is one cocky a-hole its almost comical.

This car was build by me. I bought it with a bad engine from a buddy and redid the whole thing top to bottom. The engine/turbo is a completely new and so is the head. Someone didn't know how to build a engine I guess as it didn't last long at all.

Car starts up first try and runs great. A little too fast for the average person so if you want I will turn the power level down just to be safer until your ready for more

the car made 900hp to the wheels turn key low 9sec car
if you can drive it correctly lol.

Who would be buying a 900rw supra that wasn't aware of psi function? WHAT IS THIS MYSTICAL CREATURE he calls PSI? lol. So full of himself.
Is this even necessary?No.

The Reason for selling is I have 4 of these, no need to keep it. Plus I am packed and need room for other new toys coming (GTR34 S15 etc) J

Def would bring higher value east coast

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
1. I could see the supra going for that price in the right location.... Akron Ohio, probably not

2. The jeep seems fair priced for what's in it, it's still obtainable for someone that would use it for what it was built for.

3. I don't know what classics generally go for, but the $9k looks good to me! I'd take that if it's as clean as it looks in the photos. Hope to have one like this some day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.