"GoPro Hero"

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go into the menu settings on the camera and there should be an option to format the card. Be sure to take anything off of it you want as it will delete everything

I couldnt find anything in the settings.
1.resolution
2. Spot meter
3. Upside down
4.quick capture
5. NTSC/pal (wtf does this mean)
6. Led
7. Beep
8. Date and time
9. Delete
10. Exit.

Edit: in the delete menu there is a format.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you probably do need to delete everything first to get into it. Try it will not hurt anything again assuming you have got all the files off of it.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did it, says it formatted.
Now i just have to wait until I have something worth shooting.

Currently everything is frozen.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would test it first to make sure its working before you don't get the shot you thought was worth getting. Just set it up to do a shot of your backyard or something and let it run till either the battery is dead or the card full and it will help you know how long it will last as well

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Another time lapse

[video=youtube;kKRdswpgADs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRdswpgADs&list=UUo8XgUgutvWl27XvelL7C8g& index=1[/video]

How do you get videos to default on HD? I hate youtube... is vimeo any good?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How do you get videos to default on HD?

You can't. There used to be a tag you could use in the URL when you embedded the video, however, it doesn't work anymore. YouTube selects video's quality automatically based on several conditions such as the user's internet connection speed and the resolution on their computer or viewing device.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm okay, well my computer is running goofy so maybe thats why YouTube is making me view it shit quality. When I select 720HD it runs the same but much better quality.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's another clip that might help anyone who's thinking of purchasing this cam.
Just a drive in the focus. My window was really dirty, surprised how well the video still is.

I believe the horrible metal sound is from the pop can in my cup holder. I think when I shifted hard my sleeve caught it.

Make sure to watch it in HD!

This is 720 wide with a suction cup mount on window and rear skeleton case.

[video=youtube;BexQ1l5WN-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BexQ1l5WN-U[/video]

[MENTION=16753]Cpotts13[/MENTION] here is an interior exhaust vid haha. I think it sounds okay for a little N/A 4 banger.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Another time lapse. This one is boring, the shot I was going for was near the end. It was too dark to get the over look of the city. It looked cool driving in with all the LED city lights we have but the camera didn't seem to catch it with the time lapse.

Make sure to watch in HD

[video=youtube;xS7gdAdthJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS7gdAdthJo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you taking a pic ever second, or video and then speeding it up?

Pic every 1/2 sec. My camera has a time lapse function and that's the only speed. In the editing I can change the speed of video. Since all my time lapse are while I'm driving I think it looks the best on the default speed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
time laps photo-mode is made for extremely long time lapses, not these short little vids your doing. I have done a more then a few time lapses and only once did I use the photo mode to record a snow storm coming in over the course of 3 hrs. When that is sped up into a 2 min video it gives a much smoother transition between pics. The only advantage to the photo mode is that you battery will last longer and the file doesn't take up as much space but if you want it to be smoother and catch more little things like lights flashing just record in full video and then speed it up in the editing.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm well aware ttocs... I like shooting these rather than video sometimes. I like this 1 minute time lapse rather than a boring 30 min drive.

I want to do long time lapse but I currently have no where to set it. I live in a basement suite and when I go back home there's not much of a view.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm well aware ttocs... I like shooting these rather than video sometimes. I like this 1 minute time lapse rather than a boring 30 min drive.

I want to do long time lapse but I currently have no where to set it. I live in a basement suite and when I go back home there's not much of a view.

I don't think you do understand, but not trying to argue with you. You can speed that boring 30 min video up to the same 2 minute duration it will just be a much smoother video then with the pic ever half a second.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Here is one I did. if I did it like you did not only would it look jumpy as the camera rotated but also with people looking like they are jumping around. But with a video sped up only 8 times its much smoother. The same would be with driving around.

[video=youtube;UXiVxmdtSp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXiVxmdtSp4[/video]

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose I could try that for shorter durations.

I wonder how long the camera would last on time lapse.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure on yours. Mine depends on if you have the wifi on, external battery, ect. I thought that one storm I recorded it went for almost 4 hrs. Just recording straight video it lasted about 2 hrs. Its easy enough to find out though you can just set it up in your room or where ever and let it keep going till it dies and then look at the editing software to see exactly how long it was on.

But trust me if your not doing a 2-3 hr time laps just record it on video and speed it up.

So how is the memory space on your pc going? If you don't have an external hard drive, start looking

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think my sd card will run out before my battery possibly... only using a 16gb. Maybe I'll set it up tonight and see if it make it til sunrise.

And yeah... going to start just deleting my go pro files. I also need to figure out how to remove my old solidworks...

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Success! Finally tracked down solidworks 2012 and removed it. I believe that will greatly help. and yeah I'm going to delete all the go pro files. Have just been playing around so far. Nothing worth keeping.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will need a hard drive sooner or later. last time I got a 2 tb and was surprised how fast it has filled up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online