Got a code just wondering....

Downshift

Reaction score
Just curious what yall think the first thing to check on the egr for a code 332. Its EGR valve opening irregularly if I remember right. I just switched my intake to a 93 cobra and am running a 93 cobra EGR(Brand new). The position sensor that goes on the back of the egr looked exactly the same for the fox body as my SN95 one so I used that. Code just bugs me more than anything haha. Im open to suggestions, and it happens very randomly havnt been able to pin point it to a certain RPM or anything. Quick check revealed that the vac lines are all intact and on too. Thanks ahead of time.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
No one has any ideas? It was fine for a couple days and then just came on randomly again.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Thats a tough one man. I know you said the valve was new but I'd pull it off and clean it up real good. The other thing, is the lower a 94-95 lower? The Fox body egr setup takes its exhaust gas from the heads, up through the lower intake, through a channel in the upper intake, to the egr valve. Are you SURE that this isn't blocked off some how?

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya I cleaned it up really good. I used like 3 cans of brakeclean and a thing of superclean just on the inside of the intake and egr ports. The lower is just a normal GT40 I suppose, it does have the hole coming up from the heads like you said though. I guess I will just start trying egr parts, I work at a parts store so I can return them if it doesnt work. Just curious on what I should start with first haha.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I got out my book and the code was insuffient EGR valve opening, not irregular like I thought. I havnt had a chance to start working on the problem with finals and essays so after tomorrow I can start trying to figure it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online