Got a question for you guys with DUMPED exhaust.....

OP
OP
S

scarface

I dont think it will bother me on the sound in the car....Keep in mind In mind, I dont drive my car very often. Ive had it for almost two years, and I have only put 1500 miles on it.

97vertstang

Reaction score
scarface said:
I dont think it will bother me on the sound in the car....Keep in mind In mind, I dont drive my car very often. Ive had it for almost two years, and I have only put 1500 miles on it.
oh if u drive it that much u will like it, i liked mine for a couple weeks until i had a day i only slept 4-5 hrs. and i had to drive to school at 7 am.i was pissed off the noise gave a headache and it was just annoying.after that i put the tails back on :D .my buick is insanely loud and i love it !!! though i have prolly put 100 miles on it ,on the last 2 years also.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:

Damn how many times have you changed your oil ;D ;D

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:

every three months, regardless of the milage.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:

every three months, regardless of the milage.

I bet it never got a chance to even get dirty ;D ;D Oh well thats just good maintenance

OP
OP
S

scarface

nope....you wouldnt know it by the looks of the outside, but that car is in amazing shape. The underside of my car has a nicer paintjob than the topside..lol

Only has 75k on her.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i wonder what my car would sound ike with a dumped exhaust....i would the dead literally.. :D make them jump out the grave... :laugh:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is something i have wanted to do for awhile but am afraid of the fumes with the vert. My borla catback unbolts after the axle...maybe i'll try that to see if i like it.

OP
OP
S

scarface

I am getting a catted Hpipe from 19mustang95, and I am putting my magnaflow catback on the car instead of the flowmasters.

I have the tails off right now since Im installing. I will try it, if I dont like it, I will instal the pipes :)

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I have dumped Flowmasters with an off-road x-pipe on a H/C/I car and it sounds great, especially at idle. I had my local muffler shop just cut a 45 degree angle on a straight piece of pipe and weld it on. They are kinda angled slightly out. It is loud, but I love it. I have never really noticed any fumes either.

blackfang

Reaction score
I didnt buy that cheap, burns when welded aluminum turndowns from AZ or Pep Boys.
For 20 bucks I had these made
Bullet5.jpg

Galvanized aluminum

OP
OP
S

scarface

I dont want to do anything permanent. I have a fully polished magnaflow SS catback.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
What if it sound like if I just ran no mufflers at all? Just my O/R X Pipe and thats it?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
fucking loud... when i put the race bullets on my pickup i started it up without an mufflers... i couldnt even stand the idle. it was insane. now this is a 410 cube carb motor with a cam etc. but i still think it would be way too loud (for a dd especially) i forgot to fire up the stang when i took off my flows just cuz i was so excited cuz i had not had it for long.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Fets said:
What if it sound like if I just ran no mufflers at all? Just my O/R X Pipe and thats it?
One member on here did that....had videos of it.....Its horible!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i have stock exhaust mani's off road h pipe and mac mufflers and at idle, inside the car is VERY quiet. i have NO drone in any gears not even cruising in 5th, on friday i will go up to work and put my car on a lift and take a pic.

4.6snake

Reaction score
this is something that i have thought about for a while too. i dont like the huge tips. i was thinking about just getting new tips, but this would be an easy route and might sound better. would it work to just take the after muffler piping off and not put anything on after the muffler, or would it be better to get dumps?

OP
OP
S

scarface

I think I am just going to take the tailpipe off, and call it a day.If I dont like it, I havent spend any money.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, you'll like it.

I didn't see this thread until now or I would have mentioned.
I welded up dumps on mine. Just cut out a piece of the part that curves over the axle, and tac'd it on.
Sounds good, I did get fumes, but I'm catless.

It will sound better pointed down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online