got pulled over.. OMFG it happened AGAIN!!!!

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
well i was coming home from school yesterday and i got pulled over and got 2 tickets for my 1 week old smoked taillights, and my tint. all together $167. at least they arent moving violations this time. oh and i had my windows down...

sj9ers

Reaction score
Re: got pulled over

Did the cop ask you to slide up your windows to he could see them? Because you don't have to and if you say no he can't do anything until he gets a warrant and most cops won't even bother, same goes for them asking you to pop the hood.

unique95

Reaction score

cops always pulled me over for that same reason i cant telll you how many times this summer i got tickets for tinted windows and tails. must have been 3 times.. i didnt have my windows up either but they saw my car around so often they knew they were tinted.. i eventually took mine off and got brighter bulbs for the tails

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

I heard that too about how you don't have to roll the windows up if they ask you but wasn't sure that was fact. How do you politely tell a cop you don't have to do something he asks?

Hoseitdown

Reaction score

just say, "with all do respect" first.... ;)

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Maybe because I live in the praires of Canada, where cops are more concerned about drunken-ness and violence over emissions, the cops have never hassled me about my car at all. Only time was when I first got my license and I went through one of those stop checks, cop was a jerk to me saying "probably looking for a race in that mustang of yours" I just replied no sir, just out on a friday night cruise. That was with a bone stock GT when I literally got my license, about a week after I got it. But now, I drive my car everday and everywhere and the cops never bother me with how loud it is, how dark the tail lights are, or how non-emissions friendly I am. I think they will only start hassling you with that stuff when you start acting like an idiot ie; revving, spinning tires, running in high Rpms etc.

Shame302

Reaction score

mygreengt said:
well i was coming home from school yesterday and i got pulled over and got 2 tickets for my 1 week old smoked taillights, and my tint. all together $167. at least they arent moving violations this time. oh and i had my windows down...
Did he meter the windows?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

This is why I don't have tinted anything on my car.... been there, paid that!

One of the worst things a young driver can do is invite the Police to pull you over for illegal mods like tinting tails, headlights, windows etc. You are already on their radar as easy targets and tint just makes it easier for them to spot you since most of us as we get older get tired of the tickets and take it off.

adrift

Reaction score

I know its really popular, but I don't really get why people want to tint their taillights and headlights to begin with. Why tint something that functions either to a.) help you see better at night, and b.) helps others see you brake and turn? Tinting windows I understand because its usually pretty practical. You want to keep the sun out of your eyes... want to have a little privacy... tint your windows, but tinting taillights? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyways, round here you can pretty much do anything you want and not get pulled over. I remember a friend of mine from RI came to visit and about crapped himself when he saw someone driving a dune buggy down the highway.

02GT

Reaction score

Its all for looks, it looks better on certain cars, IMO if you can still see the lights clearly, there should be no problem.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

as he said it isall about the looks. I have mine VERY lightly tinted, just enough to take a little of the glare out and yet also just enough to not really cut down on its ability to shine. I have had them on there for 3 yrs and never had an issue now in two different states and the long drive inbetween....

OP
OP
mygreengt

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score

it was a lady cop that pulls everybody over. evertime i saw her she should eyeball germinate the sheep skin outta me. she was bitchin about my smoked licence plate thingy too. oh and did i say that i was pulled over about four houses away from mine.

adrift

Reaction score

mygreengt said:
evertime i saw her she should eyeball germinate the sheep skin outta me.

lol. I love how the forum censorship made this sentence complete gibberish. :D

GT Rob

Reaction score

So mygreengt everytime you go out driving you'll get a ticket for the samething

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I'm glad to live in Tennessee where people don't care. Half the force in my hometown drives straight piped Chevys and all kinds of other nonsense. Don't speed, don't drink and drive badly, you're good to go.

Hell, I'm suprised I didn't get a ticket a few minutes ago. Started turn out at a light onto a 4-way, car started to sputter like it was going to die so I gave it some gas like I always do, shifted into second a little harder than I meant and broke the rear end loose and was sitting there fishtailing back and forth a few times and got it under control. There wasn't anyone in traffic with me so nothing bad happened besides a few seconds of getting the Stang under control, but there was a cop who watched the whole thing and didn't do anything. Prolly saw the whole "OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG GOTTA CONTROL" look on my face. I pulled over in a parking lot next to where he was sitting, revved it a little until it stopped being retarded and went on my way.

1Fast50h

Reaction score

Damn that sucks. I got a ticket for my window tint too, and my windows were down as well. I got pulled over for no front plate and the cop asked me to roll up my windows and then gave me a ticket. Luckily it was only $25.