Greenstang's surgery

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I actually just remembered that I still have the box to my fuel pressure regulator. I just looked at the box and my Mallory Fuel pressure Regulator is part #4309.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I knew there was something wrong with the part number I posted. What size lines are you running? I'm having a bit of issues with decreasing the fuel pressure with -6 in and out.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I'm running -8 AN lines for the main line and return. What kind of fuel pump are you running and how many gph does it produce? Also how big of a carb are you trying to feed. The reason I'm asking this is because your problem may be that your fuel pump doesn't produce enough gph for your setup.

Cameron

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I have the holley blue pump, feeding a 650 cfm carb. -8 huh, did sump the stock thank or get a full cell?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I'm running a Holley blue pump (which is loud as hell and because of that I hate it lol) my carb is a 625 cfm demon. And I'm running a Summit Racing 15 gallon aluminum fuel cell with a sump and foam inside it with -8 AN lines for main fuel line and -8 AN as well for the return line.

Cameron

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
95b940c6cb9fc2eb272b736933d8dbe0.jpg

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well folks I know I haven't been on in a while but I'm still continuing to clean things up and tune. Found out my distributor wasn't giving hardly any mechanical advance so Summit sent me a new one and I've got it installed and I bought a new dial back digital timing light while I was at it as well because my old tried and true one that I bought for 5 bucks at a pawn shop finally gave out on me lol. My new timing light was messed up when it got here so I just had to send it back so I'm waiting on my new timing light to get here so I can time this thing! I had to go and get a new positive battery cable and the small positive cable that goes from the fuse box to the battery made for it the other day because I changed terminals and the factory cables were too short unfortunately after I cut them and plus I don't have a lug crimper so the copper terminals I tried to put on were loose but anyways after I got the cables I was tightening the one on the solenoid and the nut got tight and cracked the whole solenoid so I went back to NAPA and had to spend 32 dollars on a new solenoid! Haha you would think all of this would frustrate me but I have just gotten used to it LOL! I am down and out anyways right now I just had wisdom tooth surgery and I am still recovering from that but the day before my surgery I did get the new solenoid and cables put on. I also changed my transmission pan gasket and fluid the day before my surgery as well because I have a leak somewhere down there and I believe it was from the pan and I had a gasket laying around so I figured why not lol I hope to god it isn't the front seal AGAIN I've put 2 brand new seals in there surey 2 of them in a row cant go bad without the car moving LOL. I apologize for all of this random all over the place info I just wanted to check back in and let y'all know what's up!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I hope to god it isn't the front seal AGAIN I've put 2 brand new seals in there surey 2 of them in a row cant go bad without the car moving LOL.

Glad you are getting some progress made on this thing. On the other hand, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you have replaced the front transmission seal 2 times already then that's probably where your leak is coming from again. However, its not the seal that would be at fault. There is a bushing in the transmission pump right behind that seal and sometimes they go bad. The torque converter hub rides inside that bushing and in the seal so that could be the issue also. When I have a front end leak come in here at work we replace the pump bushing, all the front end seals and gaskets, and we put a new converter in it. Are you running the stock torque converter?

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well MORE UPGRADES FOR THE GREENSTANG!!!! I figured out that my carburetor cannot handle the duration of my camshaft therefore I'm having Quick Fuel make me one which will be a Quick Fuel SS 650 Mechanical Secondaries with Down Leg Boosters and larger air bleeds with a 3.5 PV. I also ditched the HEI distributor and went to a Pro Billet with a CD coil. I added some Taylor Wire loom seperators and made a custom Taylor Hot Lime coil wire. I also upgraded transmission controllers from the Quick 1 to the Quick 4 which has data logging and burnout mode among other great features.

Waiting on the Quick Fuel Carb, and the new TPS kit for trans controller.

I am in the market for a new overflow catch can if anyone has any recommendations? Also I'm selling my Demon 625 Vacuum Secondary carb if anyone is interested!

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
20795806ee7620d49aaeb1d7126c192d.jpg

My new Hot Lime Taylor Coil Wire I made.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
3b1f7872a6284c799be4002b871d5ea1.jpg

My new Quick 4 Transmission Controller

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
0ada4f32b392b9f568717de1b9d80907.jpg

My new Taylor Wire Separators

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
8535d6b157585d02089508fd0f330a8e.jpg

Just bought this new overflow tank

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
3edac62bdece3e46339e1fd056a4cb57.jpg

Just bought this new air cleaner

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
9bef904288e497f5bc4dfe768fa5b54e.jpg

Add a new Optima Red Top to my list of new parts :)

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
So for those of you actually following my thread (if any) then the reason that I had to go with the Quick Fuel carburetor was because the Demon couldn't handle the long duration of my cam without drilling holes in the blades plus I needed an electric choke (I bought my Demon used and it didn't have a choke when I bought it) and I couldn't use one on my Demon with my transmission controller anyways because that's where the TPS has to go. Also just to add the Quick Fuel carb is the absolute best carburetor on the market hands down.

Is there a pulse in this thread? Or am I talking to myself? Seems dead in here... lol

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I check in every time I see an update.

That quickfuel carb looks pretty cool. I didn't realize how expensive those things were though.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to know that the thread does actually have a pulse! Lol. And yeah warrior the Quick Fuel carb is one of those "you get what you pay for" things. If you order it through Quick Fuel as I did then they will modify the carburetor any way you would like it or they will recommend modifications to it that they believe will fit your application best ALL AT NO CHARGE!

I just feel like most anytime you buy a used carburetor your just buying someone else's problems and I've got enough problems of my own without having someone else's to deal with too haha!

Stay tuned folks I will be updating with new pictures of the new parts installed this week.

Thanks for reading!