GT 40 Duck Tail Spoiler

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Hmm, I think looks wise, if it was as long/wide as the trunk it would look better. I really need to get of my ass and buy the adapters and crap for my welder to convert it to weld aluminum. The new one I designed is going to look sick when done.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I like it man! Great work, the welds look clean and it ties into the body lines well

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
x3 and I think taper the ends a little more towards the end. I would start the curve to edge of the hood at the same spot it is at now just with a larger arc.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You all are right, but I am done for now and this is what a 4' by 6" fits like, And the ends might get tapered later. I was driving 60 mph in 40 degrees with the window down and NO turbulence, none, I love it, and shows that the stock Ford with just a little bit curved over the edges does jam up the flow all the back up the side and in the window. I am not going back, might taper it though. Got the color too dark with too wet of a base coat and the stock 25" tires look terrible but I wanted all the gear I could get before switching in the 3.73 set to get a good feel for how much of a change there will be. Thanks for all your comments
IMG_0464-D.jpg
IMG_0462-D.jpg
. The clutch chatter is getting worse but the car is so much fun to bang on I hate to have it down for as long as I know it will take me to do all that 's coming up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your not happy with the paint then instead of redoing the whole thing I think if you just added the ends on it and gave them a little be of a curve as well it would also help the over all look. There are just no hard/straight lines on the car and I think that is why this seems like an abrupt end to the car.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Its cool to be able to make one-off parts for your cars yourself. Cool stuff man. Painting it was a good choice. Have you considered shooting it the color of your car?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Here, I finished it, found a discrete Ford sticker to put on the back to compleat the wing.
IMG_0532-D.jpg

I love the subtleties of this wing, the torx screws make it look professional too. I don't know what kind of spacers you're running to make those gt500 wheels look so good but I love how they sit on the sn95. Good work

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can not believe what changes both me and the car have been through...sure did look good then. Wish I knew then what I ...

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I can not believe what changes both me and the car have been through...sure did look good then. Wish I knew then what I ...

I can relate... messed around with stuff that wasn't broken over the winter and spent a ton of time tracking down a misfire that I inadvertently created by breaking a solder point on my COP conversion harness. Some things are better left alone, but what fun is that???

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
soldering skills just takes a little time suckin up fumes. A broken connection does not necessarily mean it was a bad connection. I have seen the stiff area that the joint creates can cause a wire to break over time with just the vibrations from the motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online