gt will not start some mornings

domasticus

Reaction score
i have a 94 gt which will not start some mornings i can get in turn key and it will turn over and turn over till the battery gets low the fuel pump is pumping i can hear it when key is turned to on
ive tried turning key on several times before trying to start also ive tried hitting gas(i came from a carb to efi) which does nothing
i can turn key on to prime fuel pump and hook battery pack to it with key still on and it will NOT start but if i turn the key off and back on with battery pack on it it will make pump sound a little louder and it will crank most of the time is my fuel pump getting weak or is this a sensor issue has anyone ran into this or am i just making things complicated for a simple fix

kb1982

Reaction score
Take the battery and have it tested. May have some bad cells in it

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I have a hard time starting too some mornings... It comes with age (just 20 LOL).

As for your issue you would really be surprised the stuff that doesn't work when your battery is weak. You saying your fuel pump gets louder when you hook an alternate power source to the car makes me think your electrical system isn't getting the correct voltage that it needs in order for the car to run. If your coil isn't getting sufficient voltage then you have weak spark and your fuel pump isn't getting sufficient voltage you won't have enough fuel obviously.

If your battery tests out okay then I'd look into the alternator and make sure it's charging your battery. Alternator could be starting to crap out on you and be working sometimes and not others.

Just some ideas for you

Cameron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
94 gt? If its the stock fuel pump I bet it's tired. Change it and the fuel pump

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
D

domasticus

Reaction score
checked fuel pressure and everything was fine there I used the check list and ended up getting a new distributer and I have not had the problem since lll be reporting back if it starts acting funny again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online