GTS owners come on in!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My old car was a 248a. 1997. Basically, if you think of it as an option, it didn't have it. Manual windows, lock's, trunk. No cruise, keyless entry, fog light's, leather, or ABS. It did have a wing, color was Rio Red, five speed with 3.27 trac lock stock. Base model 16" Pony's, and 235/55 tires.

Funniest thing about the car, it did have a foglight switch, that even light up if you pushed it, but no fog's :hammer:

thorco3

Reaction score
conshyboy said:
well i found another pic of 3 post rear spoiler on correl.net , i couldn't remember where http://www.corral.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=751441&page=2 look at post #48 . Hey thorco3 is that your car there to.

man, I'm just not a fan of that wing... but heck what do I know, my car will be going wingless soon.

"Hey thorco3 is that your car there to." That's my car in my signature. I've posted quite a few pics of it in various places on the forums.

thorco3

Reaction score
conshyboy said:
well i found another pic of 3 post rear spoiler on correl.net , i couldn't remember where http://www.corral.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=751441&page=2 look at post #48 . Hey thorco3 is that your car there to.

wow, I just read through that thread... I'm really surprised at the number of guys who have different gear ratios. I really thought the GTS's only had 3.08's. I was also pretty surprised to find out that they were made with out rear defrost (again thought this was pretty much standard, not just for the GTS but for all mustangs). My car does have rear defrost.

it's just too bad that there was no special code in the vin or a tag or something somewhere to signify the car being a gts...

conshyboy

Reaction score
After all the searching i've done on the net the only way to tell if it's a GTS or not is by the int. trim code on drivers door jam sticker, this is all i could come up with. mine says int.trim-6J . My car doesn't have rear defrost, Hey thorco3 what does your int.trim code say? If there were only 6370 GTS 's made I wonder how many are still on the road today?

GTS Coupe
- Cloth
Bright Red = 6F, Black = 6J
Saddle = 6S, Opal Gray = 66

and vin# 1FALP42 , 42 in vin# means GT coupe.

thorco3

Reaction score
conshyboy said:
After all the searching i've done on the net the only way to tell if it's a GTS or not is by the int. trim code on drivers door jam sticker, this is all i could come up with. mine says int.trim-6J . My car doesn't have rear defrost, Hey thorco3 what does your int.trim code say? If there were only 6370 GTS 's made I wonder how many are still on the road today?

GTS Coupe
- Cloth
Bright Red = 6F, Black = 6J
Saddle = 6S, Opal Gray = 66

and vin# 1FALP42 , 42 in vin# means GT coupe.

mine is 6J as well. Many other common characteristics are the v6 (non leather wrapped steering wheel), and unlighted visors. These were probably options people weren't too concerned with versus your major options like a wing, power locks/windows, fogs, etc.

conshyboy

Reaction score
hey thorco3 , i was trying to figure out if my car came with rear spoiler , if it didn't i was going to remove it and go to u pull it yard near me and get trunk lid without rear spoiler. I prefer my cars all stock looking, i also have 1969 camaro that looks like ralley sport Z/28, but its really a plain jane X44 car so i'm removing all parts that are not original to car. I like the mustang GTS with out the spoiler, only people that really know about mustangs will be able to I.D. your car and know you have something rare. your looks great, hopefully mine will painted before spring , i still have to install pass quarter panel, all other panels have been fixed or replaced so far . later

Purple1995Pony

Reaction score
FYI '95 GTS info

check this link our for the 411 on 1995 GTS info.

My wife owns one... Laser Red with pw, pdl, 2.73 rear gears, cloth V6 seats, and a rear spoiler.

NO fogs, no lighted sunvisor mirrors, no leather wrapped steering wheel, no cruise control.

Everything else says GT though!

Hope this helps!

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

thorco3

Reaction score
Re: FYI '95 GTS info

Purple1995Pony said:
check this link our for the 411 on 1995 GTS info.

My wife owns one... Laser Red with pw, pdl, 2.73 rear gears, cloth V6 seats, and a rear spoiler.

NO fogs, no lighted sunvisor mirrors, no leather wrapped steering wheel, no cruise control.

Everything else says GT though!

Hope this helps!

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

:hammer:, yeah that link has been posted a few times already... but it does have a lot of good info.

d232

Reaction score
I've got a 95 GTS, But mine has all the options. Rear spoiler, mach 460, cruise, power, gt seats, etc., I assume that the options were all factory installed but I'm not sure. I will order a build sheet on it and see for sure. Maybe they where all dealer installed, who knows.

thorco3

Reaction score
d232 said:
I've got a 95 GTS, But mine has all the options. Rear spoiler, mach 460, cruise, power, gt seats, etc., I assume that the options were all factory installed but I'm not sure. I will order a build sheet on it and see for sure. Maybe they where all dealer installed, who knows.

Why do you think it is a GTS? Just curious but it sounds like it is a gt from your description so far, especially because of the gt seats and mach 460.

You might be going by the title or something because it says gt/gts... but they all say that because they were all titled the same.

d232

Reaction score
Yeh my title, and carfax report all say GTS. How do you tell for sure?

thorco3

Reaction score
d232 said:
Yeh my title, and carfax report all say GTS. How do you tell for sure?

yeah, every 95 mustang gt or gts title says gt/gts. That does not mean you have a gts. You car sounds like a normal gt to me. It would be very unlikely that every single gt feature was "dealer added", they just would have simply found the original purchaser a gt rather than making so many changes to a base model car.

"How do you tell for sure?" ... that's the thing, I can't tell you for sure, but I will say I highly doubt your car is a gts. Things like lighted mirrors and a leather wrapped stearing wheel are features that would probably be overlooked, but I bet your car has those as well. (a GTS would not have a leather wrapped stearing wheel or lighted visor mirrors.) I'm 95% sure your car is not a gts.

thorco3

Reaction score
Jasperstang308 said:
O/T
thorco did you go to speedys dyno day?

no, I didn't know anything about it... I would like to have my car dyno'd for some base numbers but it would really just be for that and sort of a waste money wise. I don't think I'd really gain anything out of it and I plan on making some changes this winter/spring...

you'll have to let me know when they are having another on down the road.

Reaction score
will do. it was like 20 bucks for a pull and 40 i think for 3 pulls no tuning i dont think

The Whistler

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
Well, I agree with you on a few things... but disagree on a few others. First of all I would never refer to any 248a option car as a GTS, because it simply is not a GTS. GTS's were only made in 95. Instead I would refer to the car as a GT 248a which is what the car actually is, and then add that it is basically the same thing as a GTS. A registry would be very cool though, but very difficult if not impossible. There was really no clear cut item that marked a car as a GTS. No special vin number, hidden tag/plaque, etc. The only thing that makes a car a GTS is the number of things that add up to make it a GTS, such as, no wing, no fogs, cloth interiors, manual windows/locks, unlighted visor, v6 steering wheel, 3.08 gears, waffle wheels, and so on. I'm sure many GTS's have been retired or sent to the crusher by now as well... :'(

The window sticker is a good start to tell, that's if you still have it. No ABS is another way. Here is a pic of my window sticker... Look closely at the options. I think a GTS registry is a great idea.

DSC00368-1Web.jpg

conshyboy

Reaction score
Hey Whistler nice cars , a sticky registry on top would be a start. Only 1995 cars with S as there 10th digit in vin# , P42 in vin# [GT 2 door coupe] 5th 6th and 7th digits and 6F , 6J , 6S , 66 [ GTS interior codes ] as their int trim code on the vehicle certification label on drivers side doorpost , see here for example of sticker. http://web.tampabay.rr.com/theflock/mustang/doorplate.html#ax . I'm still looking for more info on 3 post rear spoilers .

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Ive got a 248a code... does that count? Its the 4.6 version of a GTS...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online