H pipe vs. X pipe

STNG_96

Reaction score
ogbatman said:
Xpipe with SLP LM1's will make a very loud poping sound. Ur car will pop more than a popcorn machine. Hey but some people like it. :dunno:

Agreed, the drone was the soul reason I went from my X and Magnapacks to the prochamber and magnapacks

jpajkos

Reaction score
Your going to get a loud pop regardless. When your catless raw fuel will be whats popping not to mention with stock headers don't flow very good. Heres a sound clip of slp lm with a slp x pipe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd_WTC3y4Zg The one posted above was one of a 03 cobra with a mangaflow x. 2 cars sound way different. Like I said its your opinion. I like the x pipe do the the better flow. yes there are raspy but the performance matches up nice. Enjoy and good luck.

jlfrd096

Reaction score
I would say unless you have heard lms or packs with an offroad pipe before don't get them. I had flows with an x pipe and sounded pretty good. Then I got the packs...and yes they are louder...pop a lot more...but the tone of those style mufflers isn't that good to me. They sound pretty kewl and very loud at open throttle..but at low rpms and pulling out they sound like complete garbage I think. But again just personal prefference. I have a mac catback now and it just sounds so much cleaner. I would say try and listen to a combo you like in person if you can before buying because I have changed exhaust systems a lot and it gets old. And I know many others have done the same. But if you just want LOUD then I say go for it..X pipe will pop pop pop and be very raspy..the H a little deeper as stated before.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
i have a flowmaster cat back with a bbk off road h pipe. my buddies with x pipes are wanting to get rid of them after hearing my h. i dont like to brag but if you ask anyone hear who has the best sounding mustang around almost everyone will say mine. The x should flow a little better at higher rpm. I heard a loud mouth kit on a 02 gt and it sounded horrible. it didnt even sound like a mustang. everyone said it sounded like a camaro. :drunk:

jpajkos

Reaction score
If I was to do my cat back again with my x pipe I would go Borla. Borla with an X pipe IMO is the BEST sounding combo for a stang I have heard. Can't go wrong with some borla stingers and good x pipe like a magnaflow. Try hearing that before you buy your 500 dollar SLP kit.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
Borla is very nice. I know someone with a 93 cobra with bassani, and someone else with bassani(or however you spell it) on a 2002 gt. They sound great. They are expensive though.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My SLP X Pipe sounds just like my H, actually I like the sound my X gives my Flows better then what my H gave my flows? :santa_huh:

I dont like LM1's because like said before, they sound like a Camaro :santa_undecided:

ogbatman

Reaction score
Here r some good sound clips of different set ups. These r both SN95's

Longtube+O/R X pipe+Race bullet mufflers= :santa_evil:

Sorry was filmed in the dark wit a camera phone.

Video 1
Video 2

Longtube+Dr Gas O/R x pipe+BX mufflers= :santa_evil: To me the BX mufflers sound the best.

Video 3

Sorry dont have any H pipe clips.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Bassani X and Borla combination alot...only catback i heard that i like more is the Spintech...

voidfinger

Reaction score
I got a mac o/r prochamber with mac cat backs and i love them, FSH-HUH what happened with the splice in mil eliminators, i had some plug in types and they went bad after about a month on the car. so whats up with the splice in ? just wondering.

voidfinger

Reaction score
so was that the bassani x in that clip with the white cobra? man that sounded so damn good. Audio sex for sure.......never heard spentek though.

white98stang

Reaction score
my friend has a 03 gt and just got a x pipe on i would never tell him this but it sounds like shit when he lets off the gas... i sounds ricey

jpajkos

Reaction score
I got an X pipe set up that would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah
after hearing the clips i tend to like the
H pipe more. Not sure why but i do...

Squares98

Reaction score
For a street setup I love the Bassani, that thing is SILENT when ever I want. I'm talking so quiet that you forget you have exhaust, until you go to downshift.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
im not totally sure what i want...
after hearing the slp, its not what i am goin for,
i just want it to say, 'i wanna eat your ricer".
anyone know where i can get sound clips for sn-95's?

ALITL8

Reaction score
ogbatman said:
Longtube+Dr Gas O/R x pipe+BX mufflers= :santa_evil: To me the BX mufflers sound the best.

Video 3

somebitch that sounds good!! a little louder than i like but damn nice!!!!

edit:// sorry for the delayed reaction... just got high speed and was able to watch it ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online