Has anybody removed their tail light lenses?

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I have no idea whats going on here.

Summary for the late comers that don't want to read.

I want these:
ExportTails_03.jpg

But they are crazy rare because they were only available to the Mustangs that were imported to Germany, Japan, and Australia and other smaller countries that required amber turn signals.

Crazy rare = crazy expensive.

But all these tail lights really are, are a normal lens with amber turn signals instead of reflectors. The reflector housings are essentially the same.

So what I'm doing is making my own export style lenses. I can't do that with normal lenses because they are made of red plastic. Can't paint that amber. So I had to find clear lenses.

Now you should be caught up.

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
This may not be possible, but if you could somehow cut the two sections that are outlined(the orange pieces) from the euro lenses and mate them to the red housings that may be a good way to do it without having to repaint the entire clear lense.

Rooted/Rommed SIII

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Yeah I considered doing that, but I figured I would try to paint them first before I butchered up my good lenses haha. I found a paint that the JDM guys really like when they turn their stock clear lenses red. So I will be posting a separate thread soon with updates and everything!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online