headers for a 95 gt auto

sean4ky

Reaction score
I just bought a 95 GT Automatic and I need to know what headers to buy. I want longtubes, but the ones I have looked at say "manual only". Sorry for the ignorance, but are they any longtubes I can buy for an auto?? Thanks for the help

Z28 This

Reaction score

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
The long tubes are great for power, but if your stang is lowered you may have ground clearance issues.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMO you either go shortys unequal length or all out and longtubes. The gain of equal lenth's verses unequal lenghts is minimal plus there like twice as easy to install, then there is the long tubes which sound awesome, give great power and are by far the most difficult to install.

Z28 This

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
IMO you either go shortys unequal length or all out and longtubes. The gain of equal lenth's verses unequal lenghts is minimal plus there like twice as easy to install, then there is the long tubes which sound awesome, give great power and are by far the most difficult to install.

they sound like there eating the pavement :p

OP
OP
S

sean4ky

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
how about you pull out that auto and put in a 5 spd and buy these http://www.brothersperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_8_700/products_id/792
you wont be dissapointed ;)

That's the headers I would like but I don't want a 5 speed yet. I'm just wondering why those longtubes say 5-spd only. Is there any brand of longtubes that you can put on an auto. I haven't even seen my car yet, since I'm still in the big beach with no water, and this is my first mustang so I am completely ignorant on mods. I've been hunting all the boards and buying mods that are suggested and this is the only one I'm stuck on.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
sean4ky said:
That's the headers I would like but I don't want a 5 speed yet. I'm just wondering why those longtubes say 5-spd only. Is there any brand of longtubes that you can put on an auto. I haven't even seen my car yet, since I'm still in the big beach with no water, and this is my first mustang so I am completely ignorant on mods. I've been hunting all the boards and buying mods that are suggested and this is the only one I'm stuck on.
The auto tranny is wider on then 5-speed, thats why they specify which is which. Although I couldn't find any info, i would try to contact BBK. E-mail or call, they had good customer service when i was trying to find my headers.

OP
OP
S

sean4ky

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the info. I found the MAC longtubes don't specify auto or 5-spd. thanks again.

Z28 This

Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
sean4ky said:
The auto tranny is wider on then 5-speed, thats why they specify which is which. Although I couldn't find any info, i would try to contact BBK. E-mail or call, they had good customer service when i was trying to find my headers.

yeah id just call

davidnc

Reaction score
I put MAC LT's on my 95gt, and kept them in place when I swapped to a tko500.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online