Headers

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm kinda in a bind. I'm not satisfied with how loud my MAC pro dumps are. I can't change my midpipe at all, and can only put chambered mufflers on, no straight through. I was looking at getting some BBK unequal length shorties. Question is, will I notice a difference in tone and will the car be louder? I'm not really expecting any gains as far as hp wise, idk if they give a couple horsies or not lol. Main thing is, will they make the car louder?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The car wouldn't be any louder? I can't put any straight through type mufflers, my dad doesn't want me to put em on. Idiot at the exhaust shop said the car would be too loud.....

sn95jones

Reaction score
I've got straight pipes, it's not that bad at all

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^ Yeah your car sounds pretty sick lol. Man if I could just run an O/R mid my problem would be solved lmao.

sn95jones

Reaction score
^ Yeah your car sounds pretty sick lol. Man if I could just run an O/R mid my problem would be solved lmao.

Thank you sir!
Once the time is right I plan to do a proper straight pipe setup without the cats but for now a stock catted h pipe with straight pipes is fine. The cats tone it down ALOT but still sounds mean as hell

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Np lol. Yeah my problem is these damn cats, makes the car too quiet for my taste. I gotta figure somethin out. Pretty sad lol that my friends 4.0 V6 stang is louder than my 5.0 :/ I gotta see about getting my electric cutouts installed, that'll solve some of my problem. But I'd want my regular exhaust to be a bit louder without cutouts.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Np lol. Yeah my problem is these damn cats, makes the car too quiet for my taste. I gotta figure somethin out. Pretty sad lol that my friends 4.0 V6 stang is louder than my 5.0 :/ I gotta see about getting my electric cutouts installed, that'll solve some of my problem. But I'd want my regular exhaust to be a bit louder without cutouts.

Hmmm I know my old 5.0 fox had flowmaster dumps they sounded pretty sick maybe try flows?
I also had bbk Shorty headers

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My brothers fox has dumped original 40 series flow, no cats, sounds really good. Did your fox have cats on it?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I have an o/r x to straight through Borlas and it's quieter (and imo better sounding) than my flowmasters. The guy at that shop is an idiot. Straight through doesn't always mean louder lol. In fact chambered usually echoes really bad which I think would mean that it's louder

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have an o/r x to straight through Borlas and it's quieter (and imo better sounding) than my flowmasters. The guy at that shop is an idiot. Straight through doesn't always mean louder lol. In fact chambered usually echoes really bad which I think would mean that it's louder

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Probably sounds bad ass lol. Yeah that guy is an idiot, nice guy but an idiot. My dad asked him about high flow cats and he said it won't make the car faster and they're pointless. (meanwhile I would put em in to make the car louder). Fugg idk what to do lol. Buy the spintech super pro street 9000s and see how they sound? They should be louder than the MAC's and flows right ?

sn95jones

Reaction score

shorty

Reaction score
I have flow masters on mine that are cut off at the muffler, its not really really loud. But when i start it, it does vibrate the house, of course i park my car directly beside my house.
I think they sound awesome
excuse my feet lol. this was also when it had a vacum leak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw1cxBS7HLs

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would think hiflow cats would make it a bit louder. For 1 because there's only 1 cat per side and 2 because they flow better therefor less restrictive therefor more air flow and more sound.
I have Bassani catted x with pypes mufflers (flow through). and I don't feel it's very loud at all. Sure it's fairly loud at WOT but at idle or normal cruising it's not very bad.
With the O/R H installed OMG. At WOT you could hear it a mile away. and it didn't sound that good either. I had to drive it like there was an egg between my foot and the gas pedal.

sn95jones

Reaction score
I have flow masters on mine that are cut off at the muffler, its not really really loud. But when i start it, it does vibrate the house, of course i park my car directly beside my house.
I think they sound awesome
excuse my feet lol. this was also when it had a vacum leak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw1cxBS7HLs

Those look like the same tires I have lol, Nexen tires right?

shorty

Reaction score
yea Nexen 3000. its a love/hate relationship

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online