Headers

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
you should talk to him about it. if you run tailpipes with them I'd expect it to be quieter than dumps inside the car also. Show him some clips on youtube lol

Yeah its a sore subject. Every time i ask about changing the exhaust he gets pissed. I'd run tails with the straight thru muffs without hesitation. We'll see lol

RichV

Reaction score
Just buy a performance catted H or O/R and have it delivered to your work, put it on at a buddy's house. And don't do any WOT runs infront of your house. :)

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
I'm having a difficult time understanding your Dad's motivation. Did he finance the car or something? His house, his rules?

Sorry if that's a little too personal a question to ask. Feel free to refrain from answering. In any case, if you're stuck with using only chambered mufflers, you could always try a Flowmaster 10-series or a Spintech Super Pro-Street 9000-series muffler. Those are pretty aggressive mufflers that sound good on catted exhaust systems. I would definitely recommend tailpipes as well. It won't sound as loud on the inside of the car, but it will definitely still be loud on the outside. That's the beauty of tailpipes.

Headers won't necessarily make your car louder. However, a good set of headers (equal-length or otherwise) would positively effect the exhaust note. I've found in my experience that headers with equal-length primaries tend to give the exhaust a more organized note. There was a huge difference on my '86 when I went from some cheap Dynomax mid-length headers to Hooker SuperComp long tubes with 30" primaries. I know you can't install long tubes, but the principle is the same as when dealing with shorties.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm probably as old as or older than your Dad. I would much rather hear a good sounding exhaust than the bump bump bump from rap music. LOL
It sounds like your dad isn't a car guy of any kind. Just be happy he let you have a Mustang GT. I know I wouldn't let any of my sons get one as their first car.
If your dad wants to give me a call I'll be glad give him my thoughts on the exhaust .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson