Headers

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My main problem is these damn cats. I feel like no matter what mufflers I put on, whether they'd be flows or spintechs I'll never get the sound I want because of the stock midpipe. I see stangs all the time by me pass by and you can tell they have o/r mids and what not. I feel like all the noise my car makes is underneath lol.

sn95jones

Reaction score
yea Nexen 3000. its a love/hate relationship

You and me both on dry pavement they handle great but in rainy weather, forget about it.
Why not just cut out the muffler for the time being? Prove to your dad they aren't as loud as he thinks.. I mean, they are but ya know. Lol!
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

shorty

Reaction score
they have x pipes or h pipes that come with high flow cats. I would assume those would work great?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You and me both on dry pavement they handle great but in rainy weather, forget about it.
Why not just cut out the muffler for the time being? Prove to your dad they aren't as loud as he thinks.. I mean, they are but ya know. Lol!
I kinda want to do that for the time being lol, until I decide what mufflers I wanna get lol.
they have x pipes or h pipes that come with high flow cats. I would assume those would work great?

Yeah they sell em, but I can't use em haha. My dad won't let me touch anything near the cats at all, not to put high flow cats on or to switch to an aftermarket midpipe with high flow cats. Shittt. lol

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
ya know. with the age and milage of your car.... those cats are sure to be partially clogged. wink wink nod nod
now you have an excuse to get some hi flow cats. or an O/R H. you can thank me later.

My dad won't let me touch anything near the cats at all, not to put high flow cats on or to switch to an aftermarket midpipe with high flow cats. Shittt. lol

I have an aftermarket catted x pipe and I pass the emissions every year.
that stock mid you still have has got to be using more fuel and costing you HP.

sn95jones

Reaction score
I kinda want to do that for the time being lol, until I decide what mufflers I wanna get lol.

Yeah they sell em, but I can't use em haha. My dad won't let me touch anything near the cats at all, not to put high flow cats on or to switch to an aftermarket midpipe with high flow cats. Shittt. lol
That's what my intention was lol! I had flows on mine previously but they were rusted inside and out from age. Took em off and when I realized how it sounded without mufflers I said the hell with a new muffler im keeping it like this!
I say do it. Cost me $50 at a exhaust shop

shorty

Reaction score
im not sure how anal your dad is about going over your car, but if i was you and he wouldn't let me change them out. I would just put a damn exhaust cut off on it with the pull cable lol. that way you can be loud and still have your cats.
Na, im sure that wouldn't work ether.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That's what my intention was lol! I had flows on mine previously but they were rusted inside and out from age. Took em off and when I realized how it sounded without mufflers I said the hell with a new muffler im keeping it like this!
I say do it. Cost me $50 at a exhaust shop
I just might do it soon!

ya know. with the age and milage of your car.... those cats are sure to be partially clogged. wink wink nod nod
now you have an excuse to get some hi flow cats. or an O/R H. you can thank me later.

I have an aftermarket catted x pipe and I pass the emissions every year.
that stock mid you still have has got to be using more fuel and costing you HP.
Haha I tried that already lol. I would pass emissions np without cats wink wink, but my dad won't let me touch em. I think I'm gonna cut my mufflers off.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
im not sure how anal your dad is about going over your car, but if i was you and he wouldn't let me change them out. I would just put a damn exhaust cut off on it with the pull cable lol. that way you can be loud and still have your cats.
Na, im sure that wouldn't work ether.

He's pretty anal, he'd know if I messed with the car. I already got electric exhaust cutouts waiting to be put on. First I gotta find a shop that will install em lol.

Cutting the mufflers off would be louder than flow through mufflers.

Yeah it would lol. But i gotta do something, this is driving me nuts. Every day I look at different exhausts online lol.

This sounds badass, but idk if it has cats or not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGypFZ4f5HE

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you could just remove the mufflers and install a pipe in their place. It would be louder but still have the exhaust tips

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If you could just remove the mufflers and install a pipe in their place. It would be louder but still have the exhaust tips

They're welded in so I would have to cut them right? My current mac mufflers are dumped so no tails haha. I could cut the piping after the mufflers that make the turndowns and clamp that on to the piping before the mufflers right? So its just turndowns with no mufflers

sn95jones

Reaction score
Turn downs are louder because the sound bounces off the ground under the car, kind of the same concept of like you mentioned your car is parked on the side of the house it's loud? It's because the sound bounces off the walls, same concept with the pavement

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
yup. with no muffs and just running the tails to the rear wouldn't make soo abnoxcius though

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yup. with no muffs and just running the tails to the rear wouldn't make soo abnoxcius though

Sounds good lol. They're dumped right before the rear axle so I just might leave em dumped underneath the car until I buy some tailpipes.

cobra head

Reaction score
I have an o/r x to straight through Borlas and it's quieter (and imo better sounding) than my flowmasters. The guy at that shop is an idiot. Straight through doesn't always mean louder lol. In fact chambered usually echoes really bad which I think would mean that it's louder

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dont lie you redneck you have stright glasspackes on that thing and it sounds like ass lol j/k

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you're stuck with the stock H pipe then you should get a straight through muffler of some kind, I think that would be the best compromise. It won't be really loud most of the time but when you get on it it should open up nicely.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Well its a no go for cutting the mufflers off.... Thanks onyx I'll see if im ever allowed to get those.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
you should talk to him about it. if you run tailpipes with them I'd expect it to be quieter than dumps inside the car also. Show him some clips on youtube lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online