Hellion now has our back...

Daywalker

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with someone over there, and they NOW offer a kit for us 96-98GT owners for $5999. I was thinkin of maybe sellin my Procharger (whenever the damn thing shows up) and buying it. I haven't decided yet though, what you all think? :dunno:

tooslow

Reaction score
details?

size? hey give any performance numbers for them?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turbo is the way to go...i have been thinking about selling my FRPP Blower and buying one of those Trick Flow intakes and doing a Turbo setup but i'm not ready to work on the car yet so i'll think about it more later...Turbo does really interest me though.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
They guy told me that their 8-10 PSI kits, are making low 400s in HP, and mid 400s in TQ on mostly stock cars. Now, what's their definition of "stock" I couldn't tell ya. But I'm VERY interested I know that. Only thing is, it's $6000! :noes: I've already started saving for my MMR shortblock, but I could put that toward that Hellion kit. I'm torn..... :nonono:

voidfinger

Reaction score
dude keep the supercharger and call it a day. IMHO thats what i would do. The turbo is great but damn.....

tooslow

Reaction score
kenne bell's cost $5k, so why not dish out the extra k for teh turbo?

G

GREG@SN95

i'm not sure how much the bottom end of a 281 can handle...

I wouldn't run 10psi on stock internals if I was you... last thing ya want to do is throw a connecting rod

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's cool news.

Turbo's are a bit more money because it's the exhaust, K member, coil overs and the turbo kit.

Take a KB and add the price of exhaust to it - Trubo FTW. ;)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
that's cool news.

Turbo's are a bit more money because it's the exhaust, K member, coil overs and the turbo kit.

Take a KB and add the price of exhaust to it - Trubo FTW. ;)
is that misspelling or are you trying to tell us something. ^-^

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
thats the problem with turbos for mustangs, its not as common as it is on a civic so its HELLA expensive. turbos make more power then superchargers. superchargers are nice but im more of a turbo person. i was considering doing a turbo setup or maybe even a TT setup on my stang one day but the cost is to much so im prolly gunna go with a D1SC Intercooled Procharger setup or maybe this Retrox thing in the works. Turbos are FTW all day long but price is FTL all day long....

Thomas_W

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
thats the problem with turbos for mustangs, its not as common as it is on a civic so its HELLA expensive. turbos make more power then superchargers. superchargers are nice but im more of a turbo person. i was considering doing a turbo setup or maybe even a TT setup on my stang one day but the cost is to much so im prolly gunna go with a D1SC Intercooled Procharger setup or maybe this Retrox thing in the works. Turbos are FTW all day long but price is FTL all day long....

unless you build it yourself. then you can do the ENTIRE turbo setup + fuel system for less than 1/2 of what hellion is charging. PLUS w/ hellion kits Ground clearance isn't the greatest on cars that are lowered more than 1 1/2"

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:

price out your procharger, and full front suspension and then get back to us on the price...its still gonna be real close to the cost of turboing your car.

voidfinger

Reaction score
what the heck is this rotex thing i keep hearing mentioned. ???

96gt226410

Reaction score
I'd go with a turbo set up, too. Blowers take power to make power. Turbos don't. And with turbos, you can turn down the boost with a turn of a knob and take the stress off of your car, and whenever you want the "throw you back in the seet" feeling, just turn the knob again. O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
what the heck is this rotex thing i keep hearing mentioned. ???
ask trubble...

maybe he should just make a damn sticky on it already

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online