Hello everyone

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Want to say hello to everyone and I’m happy to be here. Picked up an 04 gt off a guy that needed some work for a project car. It was basically stock other than some hacked up lowering springs and some bama tunes.

The car now has been gone over replacing things like ball joints all the way to a blower install. I am currently building a forged short block along with gathering the supporting mods to handle what that si will give it. The car has been fun for what time I have had it and honestly couldn’t believe what it did with a basic supercharger install, some coil overs... well it was fun for a minute but will definitely be more fun with some more boost lol.

Anywho, sorry for the long post I ramble. Happy to be here and I know what I’m building is nothing new and has been done time and time again, but I’ll probably start a build thread if anyone is interested. I started one on another forum hoping it would keep me motivated i just don’t think it was the right place for it.

happy to be here

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You’ll get plenty of attention and guidance if needed here. Good group of trouble makers who all love these beat up old stangs.

Get the build thread going and make sure to include tons of pics, otherwise you might get tarred and feathered!!!! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Welcome. Good place to be here. Lots of knowledgeable helpful people

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

evil, I’ll make sure to post pictures. I typically do a lot of this stuff alone, so sometimes I don’t get as many pictures but I’ll get the ones that count.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Here’s some pictures of me adding things, taking things back off to add more things, and then doing it over again. I have worked harder not smarter on this car haha, but in my defense it’s hard to have things like the blower just hanging out and not putting it on.

this is my first new edge/sn95 build “had a notch probably 12 years ago I was building until a tornado took out my shop and messed the car up” so a lot of this is somewhat new to me. I am really just trying to get this car somewhat respectable for mod nationals. Never been, but the street class looks fun to me so I want to go. Hopefully I can get the car put together by then and hoping the machine shop will not get backed up on my motor. If for some reason the block ain’t done I’ll boost this 190,000 mile 4.6 as much as I can and put the motor in when I get back.

Now for a few pictures.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score

[url=https://ibb.co/w4VSnJc][/URL]

t
his was the car when I picked it up. Not bad on the outside, but nothing other than oil changes had been done to the car. Needless to say the stuff from 04 wasn’t doing that well.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score

a few after the blower and some suspension upgrades.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
A good shop
And you have it resting on a center block
Not judging just curious
So whats all been done to it
Looks like a good project

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
A good shop
And you have it resting on a center block
Not judging just curious
So whats all been done to it
Looks like a good project

well to be honest with you all my stands came from harbor freight and I had issues with one bending on me. I just haven’t had a chance to get some new ones and hey I improvised. I’m actually trying to get a two post lift installed, but I’m having trouble with it I guess because of covid.

As for the mods so far “I won’t bother with just the factory replacement parts” it has; coil overs on all sides, bump steer kit, cc plates, v3 si, 47# injectors, dw300 pump, sct maf sensor, some gages, mgw shifter, flowmaster exhaust... was on the car, 31 spline axles, and honestly that’s about all worth talking about.

I am in the process of building a forged motor, heads, cams, and intake. Going to up the boost to around 15-17. Intercooler. Return fuel system. Keeping the factory trans just changing the input shaft and clutch for now. Baseline street outlaw kit for the uppers and lowers. Some forward braces on the rear end. Taking stuff off I don’t need/use and moving some stuff like egr and evap stuff, cruise control, horns, expansion tank, power steering res, blah blah blah. Aluminum drive shaft. I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but that’s an idea. I have a lot of the stuff already just slowing putting it together. Hopefully I can have it done, tuned, and some passes on local track before November. Hopefully it will be a fun car I can drive on trips but also hit the track when I want.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Oh also going to be installing maximum motorsports k member and maximum motorsports a arms. Just playing... I had to after reading that thread. I am looking into a k member and a arms though just haven’t picked what I’m going with yet.

joe65

Reaction score
Drink! Every time you mention MM here you have take a drink. At least that' what I was told.

Welcome. I like the plans for the car. Lots of us working on something. I've been trying to get mine cleaned up and updated and upgraded also.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Drink! Every time you mention MM here you have take a drink. At least that' what I was told.

Welcome. I like the plans for the car. Lots of us working on something. I've been trying to get mine cleaned up and updated and upgraded also.

It’s definitely been overwhelming trying to do all this. It’s just been part after part lol. I’m not making a show car or anything, but I want it to be decent. Good luck on your car.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Ya took my harbor freight jack stands back to
And got replacement from northern tool
Send out more pics as you go
Some guys here like the pics and are curious
Looks to be a good project
You might get some ideas looking through out forums
Be safe doing it

joe65

Reaction score
It’s definitely been overwhelming trying to do all this. It’s just been part after part lol. I’m not making a show car or anything, but I want it to be decent. Good luck on your car.

Had to laugh at your reply. When i brought my car home by trailer and really started looking into things I said, Holy Shit what did i do? lol. In a couple weeks when i have the diff rebuilt on mine the only original suspension parts left on my car will be the axle housing and the k member. Which, the K member will be replaced also in the spring. I figure when i'm done with mine, i will have touched every part on the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.