Hello everyone

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Had to laugh at your reply. When i brought my car home by trailer and really started looking into things I said, Holy Shit what did i do? lol. In a couple weeks when i have the diff rebuilt on mine the only original suspension parts left on my car will be the axle housing and the k member. Which, the K member will be replaced also in the spring. I figure when i'm done with mine, i will have touched every part on the car.

Haha I can only imagine man. My experience was similar to yours. One issue was it was night out when I met the guy to get the car. Second the car didn’t run... had a massive coolant leak. He was like oh ya man I drive this car everyday everything is good just leaks coolant “shop told him head gasket”. When I finally drive the car I was like no damn way he could drive this car one day let alone everyday.

I’ll have to look into your build man. I don’t know a ton about the suspensions on these things and I like seeing what others have done.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Just going to point out that I’m a bad influence.

@lwarrior1016 can confirm

God I don’t need more of that lol. I’m bad enough. I will say I have set limits on some stuff. We all know doing this stuff it can get out of hand and I’m going to try and keep it more on the simple side. If I can make it I will, if I can do the work I will, and I’m definitely doing my research so I can get the best deals. I want it done right, but also taking my time to be smart.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
God I don’t need more of that lol. I’m bad enough. I will say I have set limits on some stuff. We all know doing this stuff it can get out of hand and I’m going to try and keep it more on the simple side. If I can make it I will, if I can do the work I will, and I’m definitely doing my research so I can get the best deals. I want it done right, but also taking my time to be smart.

Don’t thumb through my build thread, it’s a case study in why ADD and disposable income don’t mesh.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
He damn sure is a bad influence. He’ll make you spend money that you don’t really want to, but somehow get talked in to.

Also, I didn’t read the whole thread but noticed you mentioned k member and a arms. If you don’t want to foot the bill for MM, take a look at BMR. I just installed their k and a arms and I’ll say it’s pretty awesome. Good price too.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Don’t thumb through my build thread, it’s a case study in why ADD and disposable income don’t mesh.

just the fact of you guys being active and probably answering questions I’ll have will be bad enough hahaha. If someone says I need something I’ll question myself until I got my card out ordering what they said I need.

I try to do things 85-90% right though. Sometimes I will take steps that are probably not needed or some might think are pointless, but I feel better about it. I will admit that I have done things ass backwards on this car though... a lot of bouncing around for sure. It’s fun though and honestly these cars are not that bad to work on. I was somewhat intimidated at first but I jumped in on it and figured it out. I also have no real advice around me. I don’t believe I have ever seen a built 2v or heck even a built 4v in my area ever. A lot with exhaust and stuff but that’s about it.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
He damn sure is a bad influence. He’ll make you spend money that you don’t really want to, but somehow get talked in to.

Also, I didn’t read the whole thread but noticed you mentioned k member and a arms. If you don’t want to foot the bill for MM, take a look at BMR. I just installed their k and a arms and I’ll say it’s pretty awesome. Good price too.

Thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated. I actually had some bmr stuff on the notch I had and it seemed to be pretty good stuff.

I was going to finish off the front with teamz because I have some of their stuff on the front now, but I never could get them to email me back. After that I’m back on the drawing board on the k and a arms. That’s why I went with the baseline stuff in the rear. Nothing against teamz because I like what I did get from them but it is what it is.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated. I actually had some bmr stuff on the notch I had and it seemed to be pretty good stuff.

I was going to finish off the front with teamz because I have some of their stuff on the front now, but I never could get them to email me back. After that I’m back on the drawing board on the k and a arms. That’s why I went with the baseline stuff in the rear. Nothing against teamz because I like what I did get from them but it is what it is.

I’ve got team z’s autocross k member and control arms up front. Really good quality. They’re hard to get ahold of by email right now cause most of the office people still aren’t back to work. I had to call and email a couple times and then I had no issues gettin ahold of anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
I agree what I have of teamz stuff is definitely top quality. I also understand with all this stuff going on I wouldn’t expect a lot of help, but I emailed them starting last November then another in January and another in March. Nothing against them, I just got the help I needed from other people. I do like their k member though and it’s not off my list completely but I would for sure like to talk with them before I ordered it.

right now I’m looking at racecraft, kenny brown, mm, and team z.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
So, the machine work won’t be done in time for me to have the everything done and lined up in time for my November plans. I could have everything done I’m sure, but I would still need time to line out the tune, the suspension, and get some track time so I’m comfortable with making good passes in it. With that being said I went ahead and did the fuel system upgrades, the Intercooler, moved the battery, installed the aluminum radiator, and moved the expansion tank to the divers side fender. I still need to get the subframe connectors on, the upper and lower control arms, and get the rear angles lined out.

I’ll drop off a picture for you guys that like pictures. I’ll get more up but I was doing a lot of this alone so I was really focused on the car not pictures this time.

Also not sure if anyone can help me with this question, but are people usually interested in buying take off stuff from vortech kits? I have the intake and discharge tube... also the 47# injectors and a sct ba2600 maf sensor. If you guys think it’s worth posting in classifieds I’ll list it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online