Help, 94 fuel lines.

Chenn2389

Reaction score
My flex fuel lines are shot, the inner plastic tubes cracked by the quick disconnects. These are discontinued. I can't find any aftermarket lines for the 94-95 either. What has everyone else done to replace these?

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
Replace with braided lines and an fittings. I’ve listed the parts needed on here before, also corral.net has a write up on how to accomplish. Google is your friend.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Replace with braided lines and an fittings. I’ve listed the parts needed on here before, also corral.net has a write up on how to accomplish. Google is your friend.

I read the post on corral, the original fitting for the firewall was discontinued because it was causing fires. The new part has fitment issues.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I read the post on corral, the original fitting for the firewall was discontinued because it was causing fires. The new part has fitment issues.
we all switch to AN fuel lines. There are people that make them and sell them or you can buy the hose and parts and tools to put them together and do it yourself

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
we all switch to AN fuel lines. There are people that make them and sell them or you can buy the hose and parts and tools to put them together and do it yourself

I have no experience with AN Fittings and steel braided fuel lines. What fittings do I need for the firewall end of the lines? The fuel rail side seems straight forward.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The rail side is easy as those just plug in to the rail. I cannot remember the part number, but russel makes fittings that go on to our stock lines but the screw on instead of quick connect. The biggest issue with those is making the pressure line (bigger one) fitting actually go on the line. If you care to look back a few pages in my thread, I showed how I made it work.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
The rail side is easy as those just plug in to the rail. I cannot remember the part number, but russel makes fittings that go on to our stock lines but the screw on instead of quick connect. The biggest issue with those is making the pressure line (bigger one) fitting actually go on the line. If you care to look back a few pages in my thread, I showed how I made it work.

I have found the fittings on summit, do I need to use PFTE hose and hose ends? Also is there no way to do it without drilling them out like you did. I do not have a drill press to do that. Is this the only route to put new an lines on our hard lines?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure what fittings I got but they slid right on, no modifications needed and they lasted till I upgraded the fuel system. I hear people on FB fairly often saying they got lines from a dude on there by the name of Ted Jenkins.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I have found the fittings on summit, do I need to use PFTE hose and hose ends? Also is there no way to do it without drilling them out like you did. I do not have a drill press to do that. Is this the only route to put new an lines on our hard lines?
Yes, you need ptfe fittings and hoses. The only reason I had to modify mine is because it’s the screw together style fitting. There are the push on ones, but I feel like those are a little more prone to failure. Ttocs had the push on style and didn’t have a problem.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
So I think I may have gotten it straightened out. I will be going with the push-on style fitting at the hard lines.

Hard line side:
RUS-640860 (5/16 to 6 AN)
RUS-641300 (1/4 to 6 AN)

Fuel rail side:
RUS-640870 (5/16 to 6 AN)
RUS-640900 (3/8 to 6 AN)

10’ PFTE Hose

Should I just use straight PFTE hose ends or should I use angled ones on the fuel rail side?

Last edited:

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Where's the corral link? I couldn't find it for some reason and I'm just curious

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
The coral one is a stickie on the 94-95 specific. It’s 11 pages long says something about fire hazard in the title, dates way back to 07. The new part number I listed seem to have been developed by coral members working with Russel/edelbrock to get something made. The part numbers I listed about are the result of that discussion.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those are the ends that go on the factory fittings but you will still need 4 ends for the hose to connect to those. I just want to make sure you understand the hose does not connect to those directly. There are I think two different types of ends you can put on the hose if I am not mistaken. I always used the push/lock but its helpful to have some tools to help push them together(koul tools is what I use). After that you need to tighten them down if you do not want to mar/scratch those pretty an fittings you just spent so much on you will need a set of anodized aluminum vice jaws as well as a set of AN wrenches(anodized aluinum) or just specialized to keep from scratching the ends. You can lock them down in a vice and go at them with your regular wrenchs as long as you don't car how they look but you will scratch them.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
those are the ends that go on the factory fittings but you will still need 4 ends for the hose to connect to those. I just want to make sure you understand the hose does not connect to those directly. There are I think two different types of ends you can put on the hose if I am not mistaken. I always used the push/lock but its helpful to have some tools to help push them together(koul tools is what I use). After that you need to tighten them down if you do not want to mar/scratch those pretty an fittings you just spent so much on you will need a set of anodized aluminum vice jaws as well as a set of AN wrenches(anodized aluinum) or just specialized to keep from scratching the ends. You can lock them down in a vice and go at them with your regular wrenchs as long as you don't car how they look but you will scratch them.

I know that the PFTE hoses have their own fittings as well. 4 hose ends, and 4 adapters. Did you use 4 straight fittings on the hose ends, or 2 straight and 2 45 degree ones? Tbh I wish they were just all black or natural aluminum, I don’t like the tacky blue and red crap but they are cheaper option.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
160$ to make some Braided stainless steel PFTE fuel lines is ridiculous. Wish my stock ones didn’t crumble apart when I pulled the engine. Also stupid that no one makes a replacement for the oem.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
160$ to make some Braided stainless steel PFTE fuel lines is ridiculous. Wish my stock ones didn’t crumble apart when I pulled the engine. Also stupid that no one makes a replacement for the oem.
you can get them black I know or at least you use to be able to. $160 is just the pieces like I said if you don't want to mess them up then you need the AN specific tools as well. I can't remember what I used now as my lines have not been stock for a while but on the motor side I thought one was a 45.

here is the easy button.
https://www.facebook.com/tuninginno...1994-95-gt-svt-cobra-svt-cob/121626129398576/

If you think those are expensive then do not look at the next step of replacing the entire fuel system.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
you can get them black I know or at least you use to be able to. $160 is just the pieces like I said if you don't want to mess them up then you need the AN specific tools as well. I can't remember what I used now as my lines have not been stock for a while but on the motor side I thought one was a 45.

here is the easy button.
https://www.facebook.com/tuninginno...1994-95-gt-svt-cobra-svt-cob/121626129398576/

If you think those are expensive then do not look at the next step of replacing the entire fuel system.

Awesome, I think I am gonna order these instead of the summit stuff and the tools to make my own.

Have you heard anything about Ted Jenkins tunes?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online