Help with a TEKSID 4.6/5.0 stroker 2V /TIPS AND TRICKS FOR INSTALLING

jwyche

Reaction score
I've assembled all the parts to repair the engine in my 2002 GT. In my driving enthusiasm I put a rod through the oil pan at 178,000 miles.

I'd really appreciate any input from those who have actually done it or know links to any articles, etc. Interested in mismatch in bolt-holes, any water lines under the manifold, attaching the front dress from my 2002.

The engine is a 1997 Lincoln 4V 4.6 (stroked to 5.0 all forged parts) that I'm using with 2V Patriot heads, Cushman Cams, etc. I'll put a list below.

Boys and girls, this 62 year-old guy is plowing new ground with the SOHC, but, I'm learning. Just don't want to go in totally ignorant.

Here's the parts on my little car:

? Aluminum Teksid Block Stroked to 5.0
? Patriot Stage 2 Heads
? Cushman Motorsports Stage 2.5 N/A cams
? Comp Valve Train
? Edelbrock Victor Jr Manifold
? 30 LB Injectors
? Sam O?Rear Billet Manifold adapter
? Edelbrock 75MM Throttle Body
? UPR Pro Fuel Rails
? Aviator Fuel Pump
? Pypes H-Pipe with Converters
? BBK Shorty Headers
? Motorsports High Volume Oil Pump
? Canton Road Race Oil Pan
? UPR Cold Air Intake
? SCT Chip and Xelerator II
? BBK SFI Underdrive Pulley
? Automatic Transmission
? Precision Industries Stallion 9.5 Inch, 2800-3200 Stall Billet Converter
? Brenspeed Deep Sump Automatic Pan
? Transmission Cooler
? Steeda Stage One Suspension
Caster Camber Plates,
Strut Tower Brace
Sport Springs
Auxiliary Rear Sway-Bar, adjustable for over/under steer
KYB Adjustable Struts 4-Way
KYB Adjustable Shocks 8-Way
? BBK Upper and Lower control arms
? T-style Sub-Frame Connectors
? Flowmaster Mufflers
? 3.90:1 Motive Gears
? 10.5X17 Bullitts with 315/35 Sumutomos Rear
? 9X17 Bullitts with 255/45 Sumutomos Front
? Hood Scoop/Spoiler Delete
? Mach I Chin Spoiler
? 13? Cobra Front Brakes with braided steel lines
? Unique SOHC Flag Emblems
? New Smoked Headlights
? Mach 460 Stereo, Sirius Satellite Radio with 6 CD

THANKS FOR ALL SUGGESTIONS & INPUT! JIM

OP
OP
J

jwyche

Reaction score
Well, since there wasn't exactly an overwhelming response to this question, let me say that it's been a "a long strange trip". It should be firing up the week after Christmas and to the tuner on January 4th.

Anyone think I'll crack 300 HP to the wheels (through an automatic) before the 150 wet shot?

Merry Christmas,
Jim

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
maybe 280 with the auto. autos rape torque and hp. maybe 300 with a spot on tune.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Curious what timing cover you used? On my 96 i was able to source a timing cover from a 94-95 4.6 Tbird that has the same accessory setup as mine and covered the mis-matched hole. I'm not sure what guys use on 99-04 2V's and Teksid blocks.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
im sure they can use the same one we did bob or find a 99-00 gt timing cover.

OP
OP
J

jwyche

Reaction score
We're using the 2002 GT cover. It matches except for one bolt-hole. At least that's the plan. I'll be glad to follow up if it doesn't work. I also have another complete Teksid 4V that we've scavenged for odds and ends.
Jim

OP
OP
J

jwyche

Reaction score
Did that. The gasket was the key. Had to go buy a big-ass drill bit, though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Drilling the block was the worst part. I kept thinking i'm gonna F this up and waste all this money.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i just hate the sight of something where it should be and its not there. why couldnt FORD pick 1 4.6 block instead of having 20. makes no damn sense to me.

OP
OP
J

jwyche

Reaction score
We're still fiddling with the fuel rails and haven't been to the tuner's shop yet. I'm using the Victor Jr. and bought some "Professional Products" fuel rails. I should have saved my money. Some of the fuel carrying fittings were not threaded but just a push-fit. When it fired up, fuel went everywhere. Can't have that, now, can we? So, went back to the Edelbrock fuel rails and am using Russell lines and fittings to hook it up. As soon as it's tuned, I'll post the numbers.
Jim

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
jwyche said:
We're still fiddling with the fuel rails and haven't been to the tuner's shop yet. I'm using the Victor Jr. and bought some "Professional Products" fuel rails. I should have saved my money. Some of the fuel carrying fittings were not threaded but just a push-fit. When it fired up, fuel went everywhere. Can't have that, now, can we? So, went back to the Edelbrock fuel rails and am using Russell lines and fittings to hook it up. As soon as it's tuned, I'll post the numbers.
Jim
I get the feeling I'm going to be yelled at for being a fanboy of MMR again but...

I got the kit from the for the Fuel Rails etc etc and it came with all the fittings needed to attatch it to the stock rails and such..super nice quality. Maybe something to look into if you keep havin problems.

Good luck with the build! should be nasty once everything is said and done!

junkman306

Reaction score
I'm extremely curious as to how this turns out too. I'm fixing to build a similar setup. :laughing5:

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
im a fan of MMR when the pieces are affordable bang-for-the-buck. i refuse to throw 4k into an engine block when in 3 years its going to be on every street corner.

OP
OP
J

jwyche

Reaction score
Latest news: The car is still at the tuners. We decided to put a window switch in as a safety for the nitrous. The micro switch mount had to be fabricated and a bung welded into the CAI. Car really sounds good and has never turned on the CHECK ENGINE light since if first fired over. Pick up date is scheduled for Wednesday. It's been raining buckets here in east Tennessee so spirited driving is out of the question this week, anyway.

The day we drove it over to In-Tune, it felt torquey and ready to run, even without the tune. The torque converter made it a bit sluggish under part throttle, as high stalls in my experience have done (3200 on this Stallion Billet Converter). Previously, with the other engine, the converter would flash to over 4500 RPM then settle back down into the torque zone and the spin toward HP began. Can't wait to punch this thing hard.

I'll pass on some other observations later. Happy Week End or, as we prefer to say at our house, Happy Strong End! No negatives, please.
Jim

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
happy to hear all is going ahead without any major issues. keep up the good work.

OP
OP
J

jwyche

Reaction score
junkman306 said:
I'm extremely curious as to how this turns out too. I'm fixing to build a similar setup. :laughing5:

Want to hear what it sounds like? It has about 5 miles on it at this point so I didn't rev it up. This is before the tuner so I'll have more later.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/jwyche_photos/?action=view&current=2002GTRunningcopy.flv

Want to see if this will embed:
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/playe...s/jj240/jwyche_photos/2002GTRunningcopy.flv">

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online